Selling on Depop and Vinted #15

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have a magical procedure for when you take several parcels to a Yodel shop where they print the labels? I have nightmares about the wrong labels being attached to the wrong parcels! My Yodel chappy is a grumpy sort….no taking time to confirm matching parcels with buyers. I’m currently reduced to taking one parcel at a time, (pathetic I know!) 🙄
My guy is the same. He prints the label and literally SLAPS it on. He doesn’t place it carefully and straight and then gently smooth it. He literally high fives down on the parcel and then the label is all creased - like thanks mate not like i put a lot of care into wrapping and packaging that.

I do what poster above says, I write the item on the parcel like “pink top” and then also when you get your digital label up on vinted, it now has a little picture of the item beneath the barcode, so you can match what you wrote on the parcel to the image.

I also give him only one parcel at a time, that way before he scans the label, I can do what I said above, and then repeat onto the next without confusing pile, rushing and potentially mismatching.

Reactions: 3
I got an offer on an item (£8 on a £10 item) and as I was going to accept someone else bought it full price. Cue message from offer lady asking if she can buy it. I replied sorry, someone else bought it before you. Then I got the sob story of how it’s a gift for a family member in hospital ‘but…ok 😔

not my fault, you snooze you lose! I said next time she should buy full price instead of offering and then she might be lucky and she replied that I should have accepted her offer quicker!!! Blocked.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Why do people make stupid arse offers like £2.10 when the item is only £3 to begin with?!
I don't even dignify them with a response now. Just delete. Is that the lowest they can offer or something?

Reactions: 6
The shoes I posted aren’t doing anything wrong say vinted! So post all the food stained or shat on tit you like!
---
Why do people make stupid arse offers like £2.10 when the item is only £3 to begin with?!
I don't even dignify them with a response now. Just delete. Is that the lowest they can offer or something?
I always wonder if that’s their balance

Aren’t there options to offer 10 or 15 percent off and so on, which wouldn’t make whole pounds? Or is that depop 🤭

Reactions: 1
I have had a bad depop run. However bought something on a while back. She didnt ship quickly and I thought nothing of it. Messaged two weeks later sob story but didn't post but would refund me. I waited a week no refund messaged her got some waffle about she doesn't keep funds in paypal and fees etc and was trying to send money to paypal but it takes 10 days. Still nothing so I opened a case with paypal and now she is messaging saying Ive stopped her been able to refund. Paypal says they will come back on the 4th of July bit its annoying as it wasn't super cheap and she'd had my money for 5 weeks. Ive not left any review but super peed off.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
pricing on vinted is such a balancing act because you need to set it higher than you want bc people always make such low offers but you don’t want to alienate buyers by having a higher price range or cutting yourself out of the searches like £1-10
---
View attachment 3025955
very good?? “Just needs a quick wipe”?? Wipe them then you scruffy slaaaaaag
people are so lazy my god. the EFFORT I put into my photos is too much

Reactions: 3
Anyone used whatnot?? It’s so addictive 😬 it’s live bids on items, it’s like eBay in quick time haha where you can bid and outbid people. I’ve bought a few things good names Zara, topshop etc just waiting for delivery.
I got my first £10 worth of stuff for free just paid for delivery 😀

if anyone’s interested they can join via the link above and get free credit like I did 😀

warning though it’s addictive 😬😂
Yes I love whatnot! It’s definitely addictive, so you have to be careful but there’s lots of bargains to be had. I think you might have used my referral code so thank you! I hope you like everything you ordered 😊

Sometimes I just watch shows for the giveaways, haha! I’ve won sooo much free stuff - Jo Malone perfume, sweets, chocolate, socks, etc!

You can also buy stuff to resell - I bought something last week for £3 and sold it for £30 😮

Also, if you register to become a seller, they will match £150 of sales in your first week. So if you sell £70 of stuff, they’ll double your payout to £140 (minus fees). I’m tempted to try it but the live selling thing is a bit scary!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yes I love whatnot! It’s definitely addictive, so you have to be careful but there’s lots of bargains to be had. I think you might have used my referral code so thank you! I hope you like everything you ordered 😊

Sometimes I just watch shows for the giveaways, haha! I’ve won sooo much free stuff - Jo Malone perfume, sweets, chocolate, socks, etc!

You can also buy stuff to resell - I bought something last week for £3 and sold it for £30 😮

Also, if you register to become a seller, they will match £150 of sales in your first week. So if you sell £70 of stuff, they’ll double your payout to £140 (minus fees). I’m tempted to try it but the live selling thing is a bit scary!
Ahh was it you that I got the code from? Thanks so much I must have clicked your link ages ago but never did anything but then someone else mentioned it on TikTok and it remembered your referral code 😀 couldn’t remember where I originally got the code from.
I am hoping to resell some of the items at a small profit 🤞🏻but keep some for myself too.

eekk I don’t think I could go live, but good luck to you if you do 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 1