Selling on Depop and Vinted #15

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen someone listing a manky old Secret Possessions Primani corset top for £25 as 'Y2K'. duck off. And they've listed it as the wrong size.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Ughhh I’m trying to sell 2 underwear sets where the bottoms are BNWT and both have been deleted and appeal rejected even though I’ve sent multiple photos of the tagged items (which seem to be the issue) 😑😑😑 Bras have no tags but that’s fine according the catalogue 😤

(Hypocritical of me as I wouldn’t buy underwear on vinted but they were expensive gifts and I wanna make a few quid 🤣🙄)
Listed one of them on eBay, sold within 4 hours for more money. Screw you vinted 🖕🏼😂

Reactions: 4
Thanks to the posters who mentioned Whatnot yesterday, that's another shopping app I absolutely don't need but it's so good!!
Download it last night, not made a bid yet but I don't think it will be too long before I'm buying odd bits here and there, I won't be selling.
I've now deleted vinted and depop, the novelty wore off months ago for me. I've got back in to buying and selling the old school way on Ebay, seems to have picked up recently.

• Heart
Just want some advice, sold a cardigan on vinted- buyer has messaged saying it’s baggy on her- she’s then put it down as “significantly not as described”. Said she will return it but not holding my breath! Why do vinted allow returns if it’s just the wrong size she’s ordered?!

Does anyone know if a buyer can still leave a review if you refund them without a return?

I’ve mixed up the labels on 2 parcels but they were low value items, only £3 & £4 so not sure it’s worth me paying the postage for the buyers to return them, but it means they definitely won’t receive the correct item.

I feel bad, first time I’ve ever sent the wrong thing to someone. What a numpty 😔

I sent a parcel with yodel on Monday and it hasn’t updated on Vinted since, it still says shipped and I can’t track it more on yodel without their postcode 🫣anyone else having this issue?

Does anyone know if a buyer can still leave a review if you refund them without a return?

I’ve mixed up the labels on 2 parcels but they were low value items, only £3 & £4 so not sure it’s worth me paying the postage for the buyers to return them, but it means they definitely won’t receive the correct item.

I feel bad, first time I’ve ever sent the wrong thing to someone. What a numpty 😔
Replying to myself - the other buyer let the sale complete so now I can’t initiate a refund/return. Not sure what to do now 🙁

I also don’t think I mixed up the parcels. The man serving me at the shop wasn’t in a good mood as another customer tried leaving without paying, he told me it was my fault because I brought in too many parcels..

I remember he printed the last 2 labels at the same time (normally they do one per parcel) and I reckon he swapped the labels. I should have double checked but I felt embarrassed so I left quickly afterwards.

I always let other customers go in front of me and I tend to buy something as well, I never want to be a pain. I’ve turned Yodel off now, my local Evri shop has a self-service printer and they’re always lovely in there. Not worth the stress over a few pounds of clothing!

• Heart
Replying to myself - the other buyer let the sale complete so now I can’t initiate a refund/return. Not sure what to do now 🙁

I also don’t think I mixed up the parcels. The man serving me at the shop wasn’t in a good mood as another customer tried leaving without paying, he told me it was my fault because I brought in too many parcels..

I remember he printed the last 2 labels at the same time (normally they do one per parcel) and I reckon he swapped the labels. I should have double checked but I felt embarrassed so I left quickly afterwards.

I always let other customers go in front of me and I tend to buy something as well, I never want to be a pain. I’ve turned Yodel off now, my local Evri shop has a self-service printer and they’re always lovely in there. Not worth the stress over a few pounds of clothing!
I take a maximum of 3 parcels when I post with Yodel and I hand them over one at a time. Stresses me out!

Reactions: 2
I sent a parcel with yodel on Monday and it hasn’t updated on Vinted since, it still says shipped and I can’t track it more on yodel without their postcode 🫣anyone else having this issue?
Yep. Dispatched yesterday. No update. Happens far too often with Yodel so turning off for good now. Just sticking to Evri

Reactions: 1
The only time I've ever had issues with delivery was with Yodel, they're useless.

I uploaded a few items the other week and everything just seems so slow. Tons of views and favourites but no ones buying. I managed to buy two new items, though :rolleyes:. I really need to ban myself from the app.

I've only recently switched yodel on, but it seems more buyers choose this than evri. I like evri, always comes super quick and never had an issue. Yodel seems to take so long and also their tracking is useless.

Having the same issue popped a message to the buyer out of courtesy and they're arsey about it, girl i just explained the situation
sent them a picture of the postage receipt 👋👋👋

It's so weird how people send you slightly SS offers like £10 off a £30 item and when you decline it don't buy it? If you wanted it for £20 surely you still want it for £30 :)