Selling on Depop and Vinted #14 good condition...for putting in the bin maybe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I deleted all my stuff off vinted after having my first bad experience on the app... Since a new country was thrown into the mix (France) there´s now a courier option you sadly cannot disable and this courier is known for being the absolute worst. Lo and behold a french buyer bought something using this particular courier (I then realised she´s a reseller but whatever) and I swiftly sent the package. It has now made it´s rounds through half of France and is being returned back to me (let´s see whether or not I´ll ever receive the package...). The buyer says the package never arrived at her pick up shop, whilst Vinted support has been nothing but unhelpful. 😒

What makes me a bit iffy that for about a week the tracking info did not update at all. I then contacted Vinted support and provided screenshots. They said I´d be compensated if the parcel does not get returned to me in two days time. So two days later I contact them again and suddenly they tell me that it seems that the package is being returned to me and to my surprise the tracking finally updated. I guess it´s a coincidence, but it feels off somehow...
I’ve not seen this on the app at all, there’s no courier bit on my postage settings?

A 6 item bundle I ordered arrived today and the seller put a packet of mentos in ? And its obviously crushed during delivery and now the clothes are all sticky and full of bits

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
So someone bought an item from me and I posted immediately. They then signed for it when it arrived. It took a further two weeks and several messages for them to mark received and me to be able to request my money. Vinted showed they had been online in that time and they have left feedback for other sellers etc. I left feedback to say what they did and now they have replied saying they were in hospital really ill, but I just don’t think I believe them?!

Reactions: 5
Anyone else getting ads all of a sudden? Full screen ones that are really annoying 😠

Reactions: 3
I sold a pair of curlers for £30, however the buyer has quite a few bad reviews for a mixture of things. I really don't want to send them and then not get my payment. They are brand new too so I know there is absolutely no issue with them.

A guy has complained that a jumper I sent him has a hole under the armpit (could be true, an honest mistake if so) and that I should have listed it as a M rather than a L as it's shrunk.

Huh? How would he know if it's shrunk? Doesn't magically turn the label from L to M.

I will refund him because I can't be bothered with the negative feedback but it's just a weird remark to make. Also, I looked at his only item for sale... how can something be "literally brand new" and also "worn a handful of times" 🙄

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 14
£85 sale to someone with no reviews, but profile seems legit. Just sent it off. Pray for me guys! 🙏🏼

Just received my order… not sure how it survived 😳

Postie handed it to me as though they were using their fingers as tongs! 😂

On the plus side it was very easy to open! 😊

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Has this happened to anyone else before? I bought a dress and the tracking never updated on Vinted so I was refunded as it looked like the seller didn't send the item. A few days later she message me with the receipt to show that she had in fact posted it the day after I bought it. After much hassle in the Yodel shop (because I didn't have a collection code) I managed to get the parcel. I then sent the buyer the money via PayPal because I didn't want her to miss out. This is the second time this has happened to me now, maybe I'm being scammed but I just like to be honest and pay for things if I've received them 😊

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Has this happened to anyone else before? I bought a dress and the tracking never updated on Vinted so I was refunded as it looked like the seller didn't send the item. A few days later she message me with the receipt to show that she had in fact posted it the day after I bought it. After much hassle in the Yodel shop (because I didn't have a collection code) I managed to get the parcel. I then sent the buyer the money via PayPal because I didn't want her to miss out. This is the second time this has happened to me now, maybe I'm being scammed but I just like to be honest and pay for things if I've received them 😊
What TT you are 🤌🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 19
They won't buy. Buggers never do when they ask 40000 questions
See also: asking loads of questions about damage. Just decided not to sell a £3 pair of sunglasses to someone because they asked “Are the lenses scratched”? “Thank you, are there any scratches on the arms”? You just know they’re going to find a scratch if I sent the things 😹