Selling on Depop and Vinted #13 Willing to consider offers, anything to fill the coffers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I ordered something delicate and the seller posted it in just a bag. It's arrived damaged. 🙃

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
How do you know if makeup is legit on Vinted? There’s a few accounts that only sell expensive brand new makeup and only post with Royal Mail. Should I be suspicious?

How do you know if makeup is legit on Vinted? There’s a few accounts that only sell expensive brand new makeup and only post with Royal Mail. Should I be suspicious?
You have to use royal mail for make up products.

I suppose it depends on the make up. Last year for black friday Charlotte Tilbury had loads of products that were 2 for 1 so i imagine a lot of that ended up on vinted.

Uploaded a pair of new balance trainers an hr ago that have only been worn a handful of times just sold them there for £35. I wanted at least £30 for them so I’m happy! 🥳🥳
---
I’ve never bought makeup off it as seen so many people say they’ve been listed as new and when they receive it it’s not 😅 I know they can only be listed as brand new.

Reactions: 4
Hey, I ordered something 5 days ago and it’s not updated at all and the seller hasn’t been online for two weeks (didn’t clock before I ordered). Is there some way to notify the seller I bought it? Sort if stupid question!!

Hey, I ordered something 5 days ago and it’s not updated at all and the seller hasn’t been online for two weeks (didn’t clock before I ordered). Is there some way to notify the seller I bought it? Sort if stupid question!!
They should get an email if you’ve purchased it. You also get an email if some inboxes you on Vinted so you could try that. Otherwise I think unfortunately the time will lapse and they will get feedback of purchase not completed or words to that effect.

Reactions: 2
Given that you can buy very hard to spot fakes on AliExpress and DHGate, I'd be wary of buying makeup - I remember Facebook shops back in the day that would sell them and then if anyone complained would respond with 'we believe these to be authentic but can't make any guarantees'. I don't have an issue with selling 'replicas' as long as it's clear what they are and the buyer isn't misled to think they're getting the real deal, but ripping people off who don't know they exist is low.

Haven't used Depop for years - I couldn't be arsed with all the messaging back and forth to actually sell anything - but it was full of fake Tatty Devine jewellery back in the day. It's probably all drop-shipped tit now as with Etsy.

Reactions: 2
They should get an email if you’ve purchased it. You also get an email if some inboxes you on Vinted so you could try that. Otherwise I think unfortunately the time will lapse and they will get feedback of purchase not completed or words to that effect.
Thanks! Hopefully they will see it, if not I’ll have to give up :(

Hiii can someone please help with Vinted and compensation? I want to list something for £300 and all the Vinted articles about compensation mention it will be covered up to £500. But when I’m selecting what parcel size in the listing, it says ‘cover up to £50/£25’ depending on the courier. Will it still be covered?! So worried about something going wrong in the post!

View attachment 2839005
This made me go and look at lingerie on Vinted and I found this absolute corker. Do you think she’d left this in the background intentionally???
Crying 🤣🤣🤣🤣
---
They’re out in full force tonight. I posted a BNWT skirt for £10, worth £40. This girl messages me £5 🧎‍♂including said beg emoji, decline, £6 🧎‍♂, decline, £7 🧎‍♂ BLOCK. 5 mins later I get a facebook message request. Psycho!!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Crying 🤣🤣🤣🤣
---
They’re out in full force tonight. I posted a BNWT skirt for £10, worth £40. This girl messages me £5 🧎‍♂including said beg emoji, decline, £6 🧎‍♂, decline, £7 🧎‍♂ BLOCK. 5 mins later I get a facebook message request. Psycho!!
Nah wtf stalker witches are on Vinted man lol just never had this volume of nut bags reported on ebay 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 10
You have to use royal mail for make up products.

I suppose it depends on the make up. Last year for black friday Charlotte Tilbury had loads of products that were 2 for 1 so i imagine a lot of that ended up on vinted.
Ooh I didn’t know that! Thank you!

Reactions: 1
Hiii can someone please help with Vinted and compensation? I want to list something for £300 and all the Vinted articles about compensation mention it will be covered up to £500. But when I’m selecting what parcel size in the listing, it says ‘cover up to £50/£25’ depending on the courier. Will it still be covered?! So worried about something going wrong in the post!
The best advice would probably be to NOT list on Vinted (if you can help it) and to use another platform like eBay instead who have more postage options available, for better peace of mind. Vinted / their choice of couriers' compensation £ values are not great, as you can tell. (I'm also - justifiably - paranoid af, especially when selling high value items.)

• Heart
The best advice would probably be to NOT list on Vinted (if you can help it) and to use another platform like eBay instead who have more postage options available, for better peace of mind. Vinted / their choice of couriers' compensation £ values are not great, as you can tell. (I'm also - justifiably - paranoid af, especially when selling high value items.)
Just to add to this, I bought a mulberry handbag on Vinted a while ago and after a conversation with the seller, chose Royal Mail and then she sent it next day special delivery, which cost her a bit more but the bag was £300ish so she was happy to do that. I got it next day and marked everything ok so She got the money quickly. I think if you have a dialogue with a genuine buyer you can work something out between you but it is a bit risky as there's so many scammers and idiots on there!
If you do list it, list higher than the price you want as you will definitely get offers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.