Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

geegeex

Chatty Member
So I ordered something from vinted and it’s fake? What do I do? Request a refund? Do I need to return the items back to the seller? They have blocked me on vinted so I’ve no idea what to do

So I paid £50 for this hoodie - and it has arrived with a makeup stain and hairs inside. The seller has nearly 500 5* reviews but this was not mentioned or photographed on the listing. I’m really happy with it otherwise and I know it’ll come out in the wash, but it’s the principle. Where do I stand with this/what do you tidy tarts feel about this??? Thanks x
Just to add: item was described as very good and ‘in excellent condition’

hytuhh

Chatty Member
Ugh why are they not providing the shipping labels for Yodel now?? They're just giving me a digital barcode that I have to take in and get printed in store. That's absolutely rubbish! I have a label printer at home and was always able to just print my own labels. At least give people the choice?? I can't find any option to print the label. FS, this is so inconvenient. Can you tell this has put me in bad form?!
I've always had my Yodel labels printed in store but yesterday I showed it and realised it was one for me to print myself (the opposite to you??). Does this mean Yodel have changed the way they work now

Cloudycoffee501

I bought some Birkenstocks.got them, there was a big chunk missing out of the back. Seller actually nice very apologetic, offered me either £10 off which I didn’t want or refund. Refund is fine but they’ve arranged via inpost and the lockers by me have been full every day so I can’t return them. So annoying!!!

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I feel I’m familiar with Vinted but has anybody found that Vinted / DPD are trying to con us?
When buying by default I pick ship to drop off location as Evri and Inpost are both 5 mins walk from me. For some reason today I double checked and drop off had defaulted to DPD at £3.89 even though seller also offered Evri which was £2.29. DPD drop off location is next door to the Evri one
It will do, there is some partnership with DPD and vinted as there was with UPS.

Sold something. Never got delivered. Buyer got a refund and my item was allegedly on its way back to me (yodel). The buyer has messaged me and told its arrived at her house now.

what is the procedure? Thanks!
Edit she wants to avoid having to post it back to me as it has already gone awol.
she said I can send her my bank details.
What is the alternative?

Last edited:

shhh1712

VIP Member
They have all 5* feedback, and not banned. They only offered Royal Mail. Vinted help says I can’t raise an issue until 13 days after posting 🙄 thank you for all of the advice!
---

Do Vinted make you upload the receipt of postage when you mark it as being sent with Royal Mail? Can anyone advise?
yep they do! You mark it as sent and then you upload it

cowtastrophe

Chatty Member
I’m selling something fairly pricey and have had a ton of low ball stupid offers. Someone finally offered me £10 under my asking price last night so I accepted but then something made me check their profile and they had no items bought or sold and no reviews. The account looked anonymous and to me smacked of being dodgy. I blocked it but I assume that means they can’t buy my item or do anything else?

Thoughts on this:
Buys top (£40) only offers RM. Seller tells me they sent on Monday and sends me the digital version of the postal label. I ask for proof of postage,no reply. he then sends me the tracking number which I check with Royal Mail and they say they have not received the parcel. I then get this message (attached below). I have asked THREE times now for the postage receipt to see it has definitely been posted and he has ignored every time. The postal label has a return address on it, which is to a unit on an industrial estate, and I didn’t think professional sellers could use Vinted. All of their items are designer. Please let me know where I stand and what you tidy tarts make of this!!
I put my work address down so the person might have done the same. But it does seem like they are lying about posting it

ATV2021

VIP Member
I actually didn't know that Joules can be smaller and bought a size 10 jacket on Vinted not too long ago. I'm a size 10, that thing would fit at most a size 6 🤣 I would put the true size and then in the description that it fits more as a 10.
Honestly I'm a small 10 now and it's snug AF. I did the measurements and it's coming up as a 8/10 small.... shockers lol

_Laura

Chatty Member
Why won’t they let her have it?
She should have received a text to let her know that the parcel was delivered. In there, there’s a link that brings you to a page with a bar code and a code. You need to show this to them or they won’t give the parcel to you, even with a proof of ID x

latteandbrie

I've had an offer accepted and paid the next day cos life's got in the way. It doesn't stop the item being bought by someone else, so you're not tied to the prospective buyer if they don't pay after having their offer accepted.
I had once, a seller countered my offer, which I then decided to accept about a week later (life got on the way). The seller then started to complain that I bought it and that she had other offers come in she would have wanted to accept. Apparently I had been given "sale" counteroffer (who knew, sale at vinted!). And that I should cancel :rolleyes:

Spider12

VIP Member
Good people of this thread…I need advice! Sold a duck feather coat (at an absolute steal of a price!), it’s literally brand new. The buyer has messaged me today to say the coat has arrived but she wants to return it as there are clumps in it. I said just shake them out as the coat has been squished down when in transit. Is that a good enough reason for her to return?

geegeex

Chatty Member
My Royal Mail parcel says it’s arrived at the national hub but it’s been there for a week with no update? Has it been lost lol

Stripper Vicar

VIP Member
So im new to selling on Vinted but uploaded some make up palettes last night. They all went up straight away bar one which was stuck on “processing”, it said it should only take a few minutes but 18 hours later still stuck on processing!? Tried to upload more things this morning and they’re all stuck at processing 😩 few items are brand new skin care items, another one is a brand new Google nest so they’re completely different items. What’s going on? Anyone got advice? Thanks!
What postage options do you have switched on? With make up you need royal mail and possibly yodel. That could be why its stuck?