Selfish Mother

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m on the mailing list as I toyed with buying a jumper a few years ago (but didn’t! So no embarrassment for me now) and I’ve never paid much attention. And then for some reason I read the extraordinary drivel last week about booze. What was that? Launching a drink? Why? You sell jumpers. And also just own the decision. Don’t pussyfoot around it like that.

Reactions: 3
“For reasons outlined on my Tattle Thread I am pulling the mama merch clothing. The meeting space/how to be an influencer lessons have both tanked which leaves me with turnkey beauty, complete with cheap crappy labelling and now small batch gin, distilled, not locally, but by a small distillery in East London, a place we should have, frankly, never left. Could be worse I could be MOD. Call me for a copy of the how to-influence-zine, hun. I’ll gift it to you”

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m on the mailing list as I toyed with buying a jumper a few years ago (but didn’t! So no embarrassment for me now) and I’ve never paid much attention. And then for some reason I read the extraordinary drivel last week about booze. What was that? Launching a drink? Why? You sell jumpers. And also just own the decision. Don’t pussyfoot around it like that.
Exactly. If you want to sell alcohol, own your decision! Don’t write a rambly hand-wringing email because you’re worried that people are going to criticise you for capitalising on the “gin o’clock!” mummy stereotype.

Reactions: 1
Anyone seen her grid post today? She’s been on the ‘terrible site’ over the weekend after all the drama 👋 there!! 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Drama much? I have a couple of the sweatshirts. However I was more than confused to get an email telling me to drink responsibly and that they were launching gin. Is it on brand? No. Is it lurching from one thing to another? Yes.
Seems a dangerous tactic to alienate most of your audience who have been reading tattle after being signposted to it via other insta mums...

A difference of opinion does not a troll make-eth...

Of course comments are turned off 🙄 hopefully her sheep will toddle over to see her this thread for theirselves, it’s aaaalmost like she wants them to 🤔 #madeit

Drama much? I have a couple of the sweatshirts. However I was more than confused to get an email telling me to drink responsibly and that they were launching gin. Is it on brand? No. Is it lurching from one thing to another? Yes.
Seems a dangerous tactic to alienate most of your audience who have been reading tattle after being signposted to it via other insta mums...

A difference of opinion does not a troll make-eth...
Lurching from one thing to another has been the cornerstone of the SM brand for a while now. There’s so way it’s successful or sustainable.

And if you’re still reading Molly, I say that as a former fan and supporter. I read the blog, and the short lived Insta “zine” AND own three jumpers.

Commenting on and criticising the content that YOU PUT OUT THERE WILLINGLY is not trolling, Molly. You didn’t address whether the spa session was a gift, I note. As usual, these brittle, thin skinned “influencers” cannot handle any opinion which isn’t fawning.

Reactions: 5
I put my MAMA top on eBay don’t know what on earth I was thinking!

F46BC309-76CC-4A2F-B7A4-FEA39D3E79E5.jpeg

I think we can safely say that at least b) and c) are true.

• Haha
I literally just read her post and couldn’t believe it - surely your PR people would be like ‘now is not the time to tit on your remaining ‘insta’ fans’ and scream out for attention... omg - I need to go into crisis management for these ladies 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 9
I can’t bleeping bear SM. “oooh look we donate 5p of our hideously overpriced tees to the poor and consumptive” ah duck off.

When I became a mum for the first time one of my terrifically “woke” chums gave me a “maman” tee and I couldn’t stand it.

to me they are the threads of choice for the worst kind of smug twit who sees motherhood (mainly NEW motherhood) as an exciting lifestyle segue.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I can’t bleeping bear SM. “oooh look we donate 5p of our hideously overpriced tees to the poor and consumptive” ah duck off.

When I became a mum for the first time one of my terrifically “woke” chums gave me a “maman” tee and I couldn’t stand it.

to me they are the threads of choice for the worst kind of smug twit who sees motherhood (mainly NEW motherhood) as an exciting lifestyle segue.
THIS!!!!! 👍🏼

'Hauling my brand over the coals' = questioning if something that was trendy 5 years ago is still popular?!

Molly is branding all of us “trolls” then.

Is there an official definition of a “troll”?

If I went on Mollys/SM own Instagram page and started calling her a “c*nt” or threatening her, that’s what I thought was trolling?

Is everyone that negatively reviews a book on amazon or a restaurant on trip advisor also “a troll” then?

From what I can tell (and I’m prepared to be corrected here if I’ve missed something), Molly appeared to delete a post on her Instagram page which asked her to be more transparent about charitable donations and how her policy has changed. Perhaps the person who posted the comment deleted it, or perhaps it was Molly herself. I can no longer find the comment. I’ve seen it time and time again that where larger Instagram accounts seem to delete legitimate feedback or questions like this. If these accounts were open to discussions on there own Instagram pages in the first place, people wouldn’t have much to say over on Tattle. I use the example of Mother Pukka who fully engages in questions and criticism on her Instagram and doesn’t delete or cry “troll” when she’s questioned. Is there even a page for Mother Pukka on Tattle? Probably not as there’s no need for it as she hasn’t tried to silence people. Again if I’m wrong about Molly deleting comments i apologise.

Reactions: 5
'Hauling my brand over the coals' = questioning if something that was trendy 5 years ago is still popular?!
The best thing about it though, as that was all just word salad... the real point was ‘everyone is talking about MoD and no one is talking about me’. Classic

Reactions: 4
Anyone noticed that she's doing gift boxes now? Wonder how Steph Don't Buy Her Flowers feels about that? I know Steph didn't invent gift boxes, but definitely feels like she's encroaching on the same "gifts for parents" territory

A vile woman. Insincere, fake hypocrite.

Did you notice the insta story of her meeting with her husband swiftly followed by the post about her daughter and the terrible twos. In other words he told her to get back to what she is known for and stop bragging passively about wearing a Lego towel but also solo tripping to Ibiza. And Glastonbury. And spas. Why would I spend any amount of money on beauty products peddled by her when Charlize Theron is fronting some that cost not much more? Her accounts from last year are available to view. Make very interesting reading...

I feel very, very sorry for her husband. He does the lion's share and gets zero credit. Hope she's got a Plan B.

Really not sure about how I feel about her post today. Seems in terribly bad taste.
That poor, amazing woman, fighting cancer and she’s using her pics to flog sweatshirts?