Selfish Mother

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Similar to Hungermama, who has tried lots of random things and now gone back to the US minus her kids on what looks like a whim.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
No, they’re still living with their father in the UK. Just visiting in school holidays: there’s an ongoing court case over residency.

• Wow
No, they’re still living with their father in the UK. Just visiting in school holidays: there’s an ongoing court case over residency.
I thought she had them too. I knew there were issues with the dad, understandably- you can’t just relocate accross the Atlantic. I could never move to the states without my kids 😢

Reactions: 1
A couple of months ago, an IGer I follow AnnikiSomerville wrote a piece about the InstaMums. From what I can tell it was a decent balanced piece but sadly I couldn’t read the full article as it was on substack.

Anyway, lots of people came on to say how they felt duped by the Instamums, they’d paid to attend events and treated badly etc - nothing vipersous in my opinion. Honest stuff.

Needless to say old Selfish Mother came on saying how it was a bubble, fun etc and how the comments were all Mean girls on Tattle.Life.
It really got my back up. These were the same people who bought your merch and elevated your delusions of grandeur feeling they had a space to say how they felt and she shot them down rather than say ‘gee, I’m sorry you felt that way - that wasn’t our intention’
Anniki’s name rang a bell and I was trying to remember why. Then I finally remembered - she used to be all over the Selfish Mother Insta account in its heyday. She used to comment all the time, and also wrote for the very short-lived “Insta-zine” that Molly hoped would be a new frontier in social media journalism but died on its arse pretty quickly.

Reactions: 3
So the house rental fell through then? Saw her post she needed to rent it out so she can afford flights back in March. I don’t believe for a minute that she doesn’t have savings, nobody takes their kids travelling without a fall back, that would just be irresponsible. Why is she so desperate to make out like she’s poor?

Reactions: 5
Is she travelling around with the kids or just living in Bali?
What’s the point of staying in one place for three months - yes, it’s hot and different - but why not just have a holiday and let the kids go back to school and see their dad.
She’s desperate to be seen as bohemian for the sake of rekindling a career in journalism.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Omg she's on the beg for a nicer hotel than she can afford in Phuket! Absolutely vile in a cost of living crisis to take your kids out of school for months and then say you dont have the money to afford fancy accommodation so can someone put them up?!?

• Angry
  • Wow
So much second hand embarrassment for her! Literally cringing
She defines the word Entitled!

Reactions: 6
Gross, absolutely gross. Read the room. You want a nice holiday from your holiday. I really hope nobody gets in touch. Stupid cow.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Gross, absolutely gross. Read the room. You want a nice holiday from your holiday. I really hope nobody gets in touch. Stupid cow.
just watched it. Wtf?!?! This is beyond embarrassing. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone so brazenly ask before! If you can’t afford it love, don’t go

Reactions: 2
bleeping hell 🤣

I’ll give it to her, it must be lovely to have that level of delusion and no shame.

• Heart
Reactions: 5