Selfish Mother

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m glad I stumbled upon this thread.......I live close by, just up the road in a City and have friends who live in Bruton, who were born and bred there. I can not tell you how the locals feel about people like Molly coming into the town and doing as they’ve done. They hate it!
The protest the other day was ridiculous in the height of a pandemic, and seeing as all the arty farty London folk don’t care, it really drove the division between the locals and the invaders (as they’re known)
The plan is to move into the old Community hall, as it is known, but that’s a massive downgrade from the house they’re in at the moment. Plus a listed building, so they’re going to struggle to do anything to the building!
Plus, why does she do that awful ✌🏼 Pose all the time. It’s so Geri Halliwell 1997

Reactions: 3
I’m glad I stumbled upon this thread.......I live close by, just up the road in a City and have friends who live in Bruton, who were born and bred there. I can not tell you how the locals feel about people like Molly coming into the town and doing as they’ve done. They hate it!
The protest the other day was ridiculous in the height of a pandemic, and seeing as all the arty farty London folk don’t care, it really drove the division between the locals and the invaders (as they’re known)
The plan is to move into the old Community hall, as it is known, but that’s a massive downgrade from the house they’re in at the moment. Plus a listed building, so they’re going to struggle to do anything to the building!
Plus, why does she do that awful ✌🏼 Pose all the time. It’s so Geri Halliwell 1997
Red Cross Hall isn’t it. It’ll need a lot of work to turn it into a home, not sure how that will work if it’s listed. And there’s obviously not so much land, but its still pretty amazing I think (living in a tiny house 😄) There seem to be so many trendy businesses there, At the Chapel and boutiques. Agree about the protest at this time, really irresponsible and didn’t see any masks.

Reactions: 1
Isn’t there a load of bureaucracy and red tape associated with turning a business premises into a domestic property? Must be a swanky building if it can be turned into a family home for five and pets though, right?

(I mean, I’m really not sure if I’m right, I’m just a pleb who grew up in a three bed semi and currently lives in a... three bed semi 😄).

I always felt that they overstretched themselves when they arrived in Bruton. They’ve gone from three properties (house, Selfish Mother “HQ”, Selfish Mother boutique) to one. I feel bad for them, but it really is the result of bad business decisions (are they selling SM branded gin and cosmetics/candles again this Xmas?).

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Red Cross Hall isn’t it. It’ll need a lot of work to turn it into a home, not sure how that will work if it’s listed. And there’s obviously not so much land, but its still pretty amazing I think (living in a tiny house 😄) There seem to be so many trendy businesses there, At the Chapel and boutiques. Agree about the protest at this time, really irresponsible and didn’t see any masks.
Yes, I believe it used to be the Red Cross Hall then made into the Community Hall. My friends said she used to do Brownies in there and it was damp and smelly! 😂
I do wonder why they are going from a big house with lots of open space, to living above the HQ? Knowing the area, it doesn’t make sense as a practical move (although maybe then Molly can spend more time in her favourite place - bed!) Financial reasons maybe?!
Also, a friend of mine said they never see her with the children. She’s always out and about on her own (walking around like the Queen of Bruton she said) or with other ‘lardy daa’ types. It’s always the husband that has the kids and does the park trips and takes them on walks.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Yes, I believe it used to be the Red Cross Hall then made into the Community Hall. My friends said she used to do Brownies in there and it was damp and smelly! 😂
I do wonder why they are going from a big house with lots of open space, to living above the HQ? Knowing the area, it doesn’t make sense as a practical move (although maybe then Molly can spend more time in her favourite place - bed!) Financial reasons maybe?!
Also, a friend of mine said they never see her with the children. She’s always out and about on her own (walking around like the Queen of Bruton she said) or with other ‘lardy daa’ types. It’s always the husband that has the kids and does the park trips and takes them on walks.
I think it’s financial, although I’m sure any renovations won’t come cheap. I think they really did just overstretch themselves with the house, shop, various incarnations of the business. Oh that’s interesting about the kids, I think the husband works from home, he seems to have more time. Bruton is turning into quite the little ‘media types’ hub 😄

I thought that too.

my first post here but omg does she bug me. Her husband already had a printing business when she started SM so she didn’t have the hard slog of finding suppliers and getting costs right.

Her bezzie mate Holly Tucker should have her own thread. She is certified bat tit. Her podcast involves her interviewing her rich white friends and boasting about founding not on the high street. She never mentions her co founder Sophie who was the brains behind it all. When Holly was in charge of Not on the high street it was all about her cliquey little group of favourite sellers and her podcast just repeats this. I can see when her and Molly get on so well. They are both rich entitled people who have rich parents to rescue them if their business fails.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I thought that too.

my first post here but omg does she bug me. Her husband already had a printing business when she started SM so she didn’t have the hard slog of finding suppliers and getting costs right.

Her bezzie mate Holly Tucker should have her own thread. She is certified bat tit. Her podcast involves her interviewing her rich white friends and boasting about founding not on the high street. She never mentions her co founder Sophie who was the brains behind it all. When Holly was in charge of Not on the high street it was all about her cliquey little group of favourite sellers and her podcast just repeats this. I can see when her and Molly get on so well. They are both rich entitled people who have rich parents to rescue them if their business fails.
Omg, this ☝🏼 Holly Tucker does need her own thread! Self righteous, not-so-clever and yes, bat tit, middle class and entitled. I went to one of hollys events where SM was interviewed. It was the first time I heard of her and my god was she utterly self serving and did not give any advice that was remotely useful for small businesses. Molly just got lucky and rode the wave of those stupid mum blogs and mama tops (cringe!). Also who needs a thread is the Scamp n Dude woman who lives in her palatial setting in Cookham yet continues to bang on about being a “small biz” blah blah blah. She’s another middle class, self righteous one. They’re all chums and use eachothers egos to boost their own and their profits.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Very late to reply to this, but I put Holly Tucker in the search bar and only this thread came up. I was looking to see what others thought of her as I just don't find her very genuine. Completely self serving!
I'm glad to have found these comments, because I completely agree, she needs her own thread!

Omg, this ☝🏼 Holly Tucker does need her own thread! Self righteous, not-so-clever and yes, bat tit, middle class and entitled. I went to one of hollys events where SM was interviewed. It was the first time I heard of her and my god was she utterly self serving and did not give any advice that was remotely useful for small businesses. Molly just got lucky and rode the wave of those stupid mum blogs and mama tops (cringe!). Also who needs a thread is the Scamp n Dude woman who lives in her palatial setting in Cookham yet continues to bang on about being a “small biz” blah blah blah. She’s another middle class, self righteous one. They’re all chums and use eachothers egos to boost their own and their profits.

Latest photo talking about her bathroom fittings but had to get yourself in the mirror in your bra there Molly didnt you? Trying to show your ex husband what he is missing?

Latest photo talking about her bathroom fittings but had to get yourself in the mirror in your bra there Molly didnt you? Trying to show your ex husband what he is missing?
Have they definitely split up then? I could see this on the cards months ago

He was in a pic on Christmas Eve so I don’t know if you could say either way (unless you know) but then again it was Christmas Eve and he’s still their dad so who knows.

All the language she uses is very much of that used by someone who is single. She hasn't mentioned him or used the words "we" for months. I have no proof but it looks like she might be

Ahhh latest post throwing back to when she needed some ‘me time’ so booked a solo trip to Ibiza! Even pre Covid my idea of a ‘me time’ was a solo trip to Tesco! Well maybe a night out with friends or a spa day; but a week away from my kids and business just because...?! She’s on another level.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Ahhh latest post throwing back to when she needed some ‘me time’ so booked a solo trip to Ibiza! Even pre Covid my idea of a ‘me time’ was a solo trip to Tesco! Well maybe a night out with friends or a spa day; but a week away from my kids and business just because...?! She’s on another level.
Who can decide to piss off abroad for a week at 24 hours notice? She needs to check her privilege and understand how obnoxious that post makes her sound

Also I wonder if she’s got rid of the dog? She was regretting it and saying she wasn’t really invested in it a few months back.

• Sad
Also I wonder if she’s got rid of the dog? She was regretting it and saying she wasn’t really invested in it a few months back.
I can see that coming if it hasn’t already happened - filling an emotional void and jumping on the lockdown puppy bandwagon.