Selfish Mother

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow the price on that. It’s in the middle of nowhere so for some reason I thought prices would be lower there. I’m in Bristol where prices are ridiculous

Reactions: 1
Wow the price on that. It’s in the middle of nowhere so for some reason I thought prices would be lower there. I’m in Bristol where prices are ridiculous
my friend just moved there, I thought it might be nice to have a look and see what’s on offer, thinking it would be fairly cheap as it’s pretty far out. No chance, the prices are unreal

I’d always wondered why Molly moved all the way out to Somerset and how she thought opening a Selfish Mother boutique would work when it’s so far away from London... now I know how incredibly posh it is, it all makes sense 😄

Reactions: 2
There's a whole area of Somerset like this, and the situation has priced out all the locals who were born here. Bruton is one of the towns. Ruth Crilly's house is near Frome and was well into 7 figures.

I say "here" because I'm just over the border into Wiltshire!

Reactions: 3
Nice house, no idea on the area though to understand the price brackets.

I could not have my bed like that though - so it’s not against the wall. I don’t know why but it doesn’t feel right!

Recent insta post-it’s no longer viable to make a charitable donation on 50 quid jumper?! Seriously??

• Wow
Th
Yes! Exactly this. She just oozes with privilege and is seemingly totally oblivious to it. I feel like the only thing she does to try to appear relatable is to pose like this ✌ whilst talking about “good vibes”.
The same goes for that other IG mum Scamp and Dude who use charity donations as a means to sell goods. I’m not saying donating to charity is a bad thing but more and more of these IG brands are stating they donate a “percentage” to whatever charity and to me, that just screams like they are using charity to make sales.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Th

The same goes for that other IG mum Scamp and Dude who use charity donations as a means to sell goods. I’m not saying donating to charity is a bad thing but more and more of these IG brands are stating they donate a “percentage” to whatever charity and to me, that just screams like they are using charity to make sales.
And get a lovely little tax break on top 💰

Reactions: 5
Th

And it works. I bought a Selfish Mother jumper (more than one actually 😳) at the height of the craze and justified the price tag because £10 of it went to charity (making the real cost £10 “less”‘ if you like). I was shocked when the charity donation was quietly dropped because the brand’s entire schtick was #GoodTees and they still mentioned how much had been donated (past tense) long after the charity links were severed.

Th

as a cancer mum I can hand on heart say that Jo from scamp and dude genuinely supports cancer families through her campaign where you buy an item pledge for an item to go to a cancer family. And many of us mums in the club welcome her advocacy especially for parents raising funds for overseas treatment or in need of transplants. X

Reactions: 6
as a cancer mum I can hand on heart say that Jo from scamp and dude genuinely supports cancer families through her campaign where you buy an item pledge for an item to go to a cancer family. And many of us mums in the club welcome her advocacy especially for parents raising funds for overseas treatment or in need of transplants. X
Maybe so but I still stand by what I believe and that is that she uses it a lot I seems to push sales. I mean, had she not mentioned anything to do with this magical button on her garments that apparently give children magical powers, then I doubt she’d have roped in the celebs she does to garner sales. Hope everything is well with you anyhow. I don’t bear any resentment for charity giving, I just feel it’s all very much used A LOT by middle class Mums who run IG businesses.

Okay she’s lost a lot of weight and fair play to her, well done.

Her lips look dreadful though.

Is this her bedroom? How can she sleep with her head right next to all those stinking, scruffy trainers? Gross.
113DD8E6-A22E-484C-BF2A-D830CC17CD1E.jpeg

• Haha
Oh what a wonderful surprise (not) that Molly's biz has been nominated in the small biz awards that Holly Tucker founder of Not On The High Street, has created. Absolutely no link whatsoever to the fact that they both are "chums" and Molly has been a speaker at Holly's biz events *eye roll*. Molly might not be raking in the cash these days due to her flailing businesses but she's hardly a "small" biz. Cant stand this whole bandwagon everyone is jumping on. Small yes compared to the likes of Amazon but hardly small when you can go on holiday during half term, own a detached house, have staff and send your kids to private school.

• Heart
Oh what a wonderful surprise (not) that Molly's biz has been nominated in the small biz awards that Holly Tucker founder of Not On The High Street, has created. Absolutely no link whatsoever to the fact that they both are "chums" and Molly has been a speaker at Holly's biz events *eye roll*. Molly might not be raking in the cash these days due to her flailing businesses but she's hardly a "small" biz. Cant stand this whole bandwagon everyone is jumping on. Small yes compared to the likes of Amazon but hardly small when you can go on holiday during half term, own a detached house, have staff and send your kids to private school.
house is under offer, interesting to see if they stay in that area