Selfish Mother

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really struggle to understand how she/the Selfish Mother brand was ever seen as relatable. She also doesn't seem very happy.

Reactions: 1
I really struggle to understand how she/the Selfish Mother brand was ever seen as relatable. She also doesn't seem very happy.
Was thinking exactly the same earlier, I always feel that there’s a lot of unhappiness or pain there. I think the brand may have had its day.

Reactions: 2
I just really feel that if she was some mum from an estate on benefits and took her kids out of school for 2/3 months to go to ibiza and just arse around then she’d be a daily mail article? How was what she did ok? She didn’t homeschool, she just decided to be selfish and crusty…..she’s a pretty pointless human being!

There seems virtually no joy in her posts. I see them and always feel a bit bleak afterwards. And/or it’s very attention seeking - eg the thing today moaning about school mums. All it will achieve is making the school mums discuss you more. V odd.

Also I don’t believe she’s regularly “told off” re guest lists?! I’ve never experienced this - is this actually a thing?

Turned off comments - equivalent of a FB hun making an attention seeking post then saying ‘don’t want to talk about it x’

Honestly if you’re being called out often then you’re probably being a dick about it. The only time I’ve ever said anything about my autistic daughter not being invited was when the mum was announcing it in the class group and naming specific parents she hadn’t heard back from and I figured out she was the only girl not invited. Another time she brought home someone else’s Xmas card by accident and there was an invite in it but there wasn’t an invite in her own. I didn’t kick off because that’s a polite, discrete way of doing it, we only found out by accident

Reactions: 5
She is unintentionally hilarious, "I was upset but luckily I had an infrared sauna session booked." I feel like a div now for having to, y'know, go do my job even when upset.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Bizarre. I also thought it was suss how she turned off comments. Just in case the mum came on and gave her side of the story - which I’d be interested to hear!
Maybe she missed Mother Pukka’s virtue-signalling plagiarised party post the other day?

Se would be the first person to say something if her child wasn’t invited? But I’m so confused is it only one child that hasn’t been invited of a few because if it’s only one then wow I’d be pissed off if I was that mother, that’s so cruel. There’s only 13 in my daughters class, every child is invited. Fair enough if it’s an only girls/only boys party but I’d never just leave out one child. I assumed that she turned off comments because people would be saying she’s utterly horrible and siding with the mother in question. I reread it a few times as maybe I’ve missed something? I’ve never heard anything quite so selfish?

What a weirdly pointed post - she was clearly pissed off that someone pulled her up and decided to post about it and has just succeeded in making herself sound like a bit of a tit and like she probably does exactly what she is accused of.

This post.

She comes across as very strange and I’m always very suspicious of ‘be kind’ as it tends to be utilised by people doing crappy things and not wanting to be called out.
What an absolute bell end she is!
Bet the school mums have a WhatsApp group slagging her off 😂

• Haha
Birthday party etiquette is usually pretty clear cut. Either the whole class are invited, or it’s a small party for close friends. At five it’s usually a whole class thing.

For a parent to even confront another parent like that is unusual, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they had grounds to be pissed off. I’d be interested to know their side of the story.

Reactions: 4
This post.

She comes across as very strange and I’m always very suspicious of ‘be kind’ as it tends to be utilised by people doing crappy things and not wanting to be called out.
Be kind = “you’re not allowed to hold me accountable for my crappy behaviour because then it would make me feel sad and you’re mean for wanting me to feel sad.”

What an absolute bell end she is!
Bet the school mums have a WhatsApp group slagging her off 😂
Ah yes, if only I could go and have a wee sauna session and skip through the woods with a herbal tea every time someone comes into my work and says something I might not like. And odd to vent this all on social media, the need for validation is strong!

Reactions: 3
Ah yes, if only I could go and have a wee sauna session and skip through the woods with a herbal tea every time someone comes into my work and says something I might not like. And odd to vent this all on social media, the need for validation is strong!
Comes across as no real life friends