Self-Isolation... How will you stay sane?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've got a critical appointment tomorrow and seriously considering walking just to get some exercise. I have eaten way too much chocolate recently. I haven't touched alcohol as I'm not much of a drinker but that may well change 🥃
No such thing as too much chocolate Fin.

I'm limiting my G&T's as I dont want to run out during lockdown. 😊
Absolutely, we have to get our priorities right.

Reactions: 1
After tonight's announcement I won't be walking anywhere tomorrow and expecting my 12 week isolation letter tomorrow. My husband's friend got his today and is cracking up as on the whole he's healthy and strong as an ox but on immunosuppressants and he can't sit still for two minutes. I'm quite capable of being a sloth if required.

Sorry if this thread already exists!

Genuinely curious as to how people are staying sane

I never thought I’d say this- but I’m lucky enough to still be going to work. I do really spare a thought for those literally at home all day every day

However, I work 12 hr shifts so I only work 3 days a week. Therefore I have 4 days each week to try and fill without going crazy.

I have a dog to walk. My partner is also still working. But as much as I love him I don’t have enough to talk to him about in all my spare time 🤣

So, what are you doing to stay sane? What can I do to make the time pass quicker 😫

Wrangling my kids.

every time I try to do something for myself I get “Mum. Mummy. MUM. MUUUUM. MUMMY!” 🙃

I have a whole bookshelf of books that I kept buying while pregnant and I’ve read about 2 of them. My son was born 13 months ago, so they’ve been gathering dust for a while. Once the kids are in bed I watch the news for a little bit then I’ve been reading for an hour or so. That’s about the only time I get to do anything else.

Reactions: 7
I'm doing some open uni free learning units. They dont give you a proper qualification but they are well set out and lots of interesting topics.

Reactions: 3
Bought myself a calligraphy set. Gonna try and learn by following the tutorials on YouTube.

Reactions: 2
Decided to have a HUGE clear out and give all stuff to charity shops. All my family and friends did the same. Then realised all charity shops shut and bin bags everywhere 🤦‍♀️. Any idea where we can still donate to charity?

• Haha
Decided to have a HUGE clear out and give all stuff to charity shops. All my family and friends did the same. Then realised all charity shops shut and bin bags everywhere 🤦‍♀️. Any idea where we can still donate to charity?
No idea but I feel your pain. My daughter had a clear out at the weekend and I currently have 7 black bags of stuff in the house. My only hope is if a charity collection bag gets put through the door 😬

I'm doing some open uni free learning units. They dont give you a proper qualification but they are well set out and lots of interesting topics.
This is a great idea! Do you still have to do assignments/tests?

Is any of it worth trying to sell on ebay? I believe the Post Office will remain open. You could try looking up sold listings to see if it’s worth your time?

This is a great idea! Do you still have to do assignments/tests?

Is any of it worth trying to sell on ebay? I believe the Post Office will remain open. You could try looking up sold listings to see if it’s worth your time?
I've just sold loads of stuff on eBay, definitely worth it! However, just be thoughtful of the post office staff x

Hope everyone's feeling ok today. I'm out of my pj's and wear loungewear because as much as I love my pj's and dressing gown Im expecting a parcel and refuse to answer the door wearing them. 😊 Also a good excuse to throw my dressing gown in the wash for a freshen up.

I do alot of colouring i have folders full of them and infact i made a scrapbook of them end of last year 🙈 disney+ will keep me sane for awhile or a nice boxset one tree hill or gilmore girls