Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dancingqueen5678

Chatty Member
Me too. I began with eating better, but I ended up going back to the old habits 😅.
However, I managed to get out of my comfort zone for a bit and volunteered for an NGO in order to enhance my curriculum, which helped me land my current job 😃.

Sometimes, our improvement path goes in different ways and that's okay. Keep going one step at a time and everything will be fine.
i 100% agree with this. It’s a bit like when you go to therapy. You start talking about your issues and you don’t realise it’s helping but then suddenly a situation will come up and you’ll handle it completely differently and then you’re like “oh wow that is really working”

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Zulkraa

VIP Member
This is a fantastic project to set your mind to: a touch typing course! It's free, though there are some premium features. I am going to aim for 30 minutes every day for the next month. It's fun and satisfying to do.

Once you feel confident this is a good site to race against other randoms online to practice

• Heart

lemonlime

VIP Member
My people!! Looking forward to picking up some pointers, and sharing some of mine.

For the ultimate etiquette book, may I recommend The Penguin Book of Etiquette by the (late) queen herself, Marion von Adlerstein. Borrowed it from the library many years ago and I think it actually has a list of how to address every kind of dignitary 😆 But above all, she's always clear that etiquette is about respect for oneself and others, and putting others at ease.

Aesthetic living:
Nami's life: I got waaaay into Japanese/Korean daily life vloggers during the pandemic, it felt less lonely to go about my business with some background video. We don't even see her face, but this lovely young lady is an artist. Look at how tiny her apartment is (housing is crazy expensive in Tokyo), and yet she cooks beautiful meals and dresses well. I'm inspired to try and keep my own place clean 😅

Classical performing arts primer:
Opera RoH playlist of some popular arias
Ballet RoH playlist of some popular solos and pas de deux

Yoga with Adriene (I only really enjoy short bouts of yoga when feeling down, but she's quite soothing and she has a nice dog too)
Your suggestions are my comfort zone haha. I lived through ROH's streams during lockdownz it was a right treat. I'd have never caught Woolf Works live if it weren't for the streams. It was fantastic.

I love Nami! I'll also suggest Otena Vlog, Bea Abella, Lou C. and Sueddu if you enjoy that type of simple life content.

Your nickname reminds me of Yuri On Ice and pushing me for a rewatch, ngl.

• Heart

NicePeasNorma

Rather than not having achieved more I just wasn’t consistent enough after the lockdown.
Since 2020 I started to run and my avaregae was 150-160kms/month until July when it was too hot. It’s October and I was not able to get back to it.
Same with reading books in different languages, it seems I get more distracted we are no longer in lockdown. 🤷‍♀️

p.s. Thanks for creating this thread @AnnaBeg
Oh yeah, I get it 😅. I started to go for a walk around my city in order to keep myself active. However, that didn't last long.

Same with reading (in general) and learning Serbian. I began really motivated, but I stopped being consistent.

katsudon

Might've been me upthread posting about slow living! I found it very calming early in the pandemic when things like travel and dining out were off limits, and Japanese Youtubers in particular always bring that beautiful meditative quality to their daily routines. I worked from home and had insane deadlines, but on weekends I'd put on some videos to have 'company' while cleaning and cooking. That said, my favourite video of Rhea's is an old one where she's just out having ramen and some window shopping after work on a Friday night - I used to do the same thing :)

Mjaumjau

Chatty Member
@Stella_Luna Can you recommend me oil colours for a friends birthday present?Budget is up to 100£.
I have a small idea if you are not sure what to buy your friend, would it be possible to make a lunch date with art supplies shopping afterward? That way your friend can pick whatever they wish for the budget you have saved up. It might be easier for your and a nice day out with your frind.

aliciaaaa

Random example of a low impact changing your body random add on. There’s no study done on it (as far as I could find) just a testimonial, so in high school my friend grew her bum by doing walking high knees. As in she would get her thigh up parallel to the floor up to hip height, whenever she’d walk. She walked for 2ish hours every day, bum grew nice and round. It’s the same as doing the stairs, but without the resistance with increased intensity (how long your exercise is) and increased frequency (how often she worked out which was 5-6 days a week). It wasn’t massive but it was toned, round and noticeable

Last edited:

AnnaBeg

@aliciaaaa I just remembered of Werner Heisenberg who was one of pioneers of quantum physics.I read one of his books and it was partially hard to understand because physics talk was on advanced level however book gave me few insights.
Amazon product
I was also wondering about breathing and I'm very curious to hear your opinion.https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/tummo-vs-wim-hof
@no-no Try with this book,it might be useful and if I may ask,how old are you?

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart

Mjaumjau

Chatty Member
Are any of you into skincare and hair care?

I have been needing a new lip balm and hair oil for a while and now that it is colder my lips crack easily and my hair is a bit of a mess (a lot of baby hair around my face). To say the least, I do look like a bit of a mess.

Any recommendation for hair oil for fine hair (it's fine but I have lots of it and it can get quite oily rather quickly)?

Also, any recommendations for lip balms or lip oils? I enjoyed Jo Malone Vitamin E lip conditioner but want to try something else. I am eyeing up
NANNETTE DE GASPÉ Nannette de Gaspé Baume Noir, Augustinus Bader The Lip Balm or Hourglass Nº 28 LIP TREATMENT OIL.
Has anyone tried these ones?

I don't like the ones with mint/peppermint as this dries out my lips. By Terry Baume de Rose Lipbalm was a disappointing last time I tried it (I tried it out a couple of years ago and it was great, so I do not know if they have changed the formula). I am also disappointed by: Dior Lip Glow oil, Laneige lip balm, and Clarins Lip comfort oil.

Reactions: 3

AnnaBeg

And it's based in good old psychology. In second half of last century they were making and finding most of basis of social psychology actually psychology in general.
@Stella_Luna Enjoyed "something "with your German husband.

Mjaumjau

Chatty Member
@Stella_Luna Can you recommend me oil colours for a friends birthday present?Budget is up to 100£.
What kind of oil colors are you after (I am a bit of an art supplies hoarder), I have been thinking about dipping my toes in oil colors myself.

If your friend already uses oil colors, I would try to find out what they are using and if they have a favorite brand or a wishlist. That way you don't need to worry about buying your friend something they already have. Some people like to buy a couple of basic colors and oil mediums, others prefer starter sets. I am a bit of a snobby about watercolors, often it is better to go for brands that are a bit more expensive because they don't have as much filler to paint ratio as cheaper brands do.

Before the pandemic and Brexit I often used to order from Jackson's Art Supplies (https://www.jacksonsart.com/colour/oil) here is the link for the oil colors, they have a nice range and are pretty good information about the brands, the paints etc.. Sometimes I go there to get information about a product, if you are outside the UK I would advise you to see what your local/national art supplies store are carrying.

Jacksons is a UK shop with decent prices compare to Norway, but now I have to pay for VAT, shipping, and import tax so I only order things that I can not find other places.

katsudon

@lemonlime Thank you for the rec, I've been binge watching Otena this week! Love her jewellery box (and all those delicate little pieces) and the flowers and coffee machine. And not a speck of dust anywhere 😅 Room tour

• Heart

Duee

VIP Member
What do you ladies think of Audrey Coyne? I discovered her the same time Anna Bey was recommended to me on YouTube. So far she has been very enjoyable for me. Very soft, delicate voice (I have seen comments describing her as "high-quality ASMR," haha). She has a broad range of fashion videos, from "How to Wear Orange/Burgundy," "How to Dress Your Age," to capsule ideas, color palettes, etc. She has something for everyone, I believe. She is a big proprietor for self-expression mixed with making sure you look good (as in, when you should tuck your shirt in, getting everything tailored so it fits YOU perfectly, accessorizing appropriately, playing with proportions, hair parting, and so on). Very calming woman. As humans are, not everything she wears is "for me," but she is far more on point than Aija is, in my opinion. Very timeless wardrobe and appropriate clothing, LOL! Love her messages. I just wanted to know how everyone else feels out of curiosity.

I came across her videos thanks to youtube recommendations. She is actually a trained opera singer, I rather prefer her videos about voice than her dress/style videos:

• Heart

AnnaBeg

Nope,I've heard about Senelier but she's into oil,will try your link.I hope you enjoyed your honeymoon.Will get in touch tomorrow,pay attention to me 😎😁😂🙃

• Heart

Sadies

I know I wasn't asked, but almost every artist I know who prefers oil colors, do so because they create the colors themselves and can get extremely particular about it :)

Something that's been extremely popular with younger artists is anything from "CultureHustle", "Powders" would be more relevant with oil colors.

• Heart