Self improvement corner!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Slightly aside : Anyone else feel regret over not having achieved more , in terms of self-improvement, during lockdown? I made only a half-a$$Ed effort and really regret not making more of the enforced time at home. I should have read more books, done more creating, lost more weight, improved my cooking-skills and more. Sigh....

Reactions: 17
Slightly aside : Anyone else feel regret over not having achieved more , in terms of self-improvement, during lockdown? I made only a half-a$$Ed effort and really regret not making more of the enforced time at home. I should have read more books, done more creating, lost more weight, improved my cooking-skills and more. Sigh....
absolutely. Every summer I get it into my head that during my time off I'm going to do xyz then I don't. Hindsight is 2020 (< pun not intended I swear) but I also think you can do those things without a pandemic. No point beating yourself up now. It was an unprecedented time. It's easy to say now that you should have done xyz. Also if it helps at all, I try not to live my life with "should have's" and live my life with "wants". I'm disappointed if I want to do those things and don't. Often things you "should" do aren't always things you want to do.

Reactions: 12
Great thread! I am very interested in self development and popular psychology.

I’m not sure if this was discussed in your last thread but there is apparently a link between lower back pain and lack of money (or belief) I find things like this fascinating

https://www.healyourlife.com/life-supports-you-0

🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This lockdown taught all of us how to be alone with our thoughts, something we deeply needed. A mental and physical reset that’s allowed us to become more in tune with ourselves and thoughts. We shouldn’t bash ourselves for not doing something that’s viewed as productive like learning how to be a better cook. The most valuable thing in this world is to know yourself so that when the time comes, a broken persons words would not break you down. Instead makes you view their criticism objectively instead of taking it personally.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Let me tell you about my experience, after decade working after university i got married and... pregnant before covid started and decided to be a stay at home mom. Few months after delivery i was still 30 pounds over my pre pregnamcy weight. I spent first half of 2021 gping out for walks, cooking healthier (husband works from home so lots of cooking!), doing yoga, listening to podcasts. Now that i reached pre pregnancy weight, and confirmed and make sure that i can keep it witth light activity, i have relaxed a lot now im learning to bake variety of breads which has been such a great experience and keeps me active, experimeng and learning. Always looking for better and more practical (mom of a 14month old) ways to dress and educate myself within my positibilities at home. After i feel ive learned enough baking im sure ill come up with something, maybe painting or gardening when the time comes or mew home project. Never in my live i thought id ever ever make bread haha! But defitinely always trying to learn something just like i do in this forum.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Me too. I began with eating better, but I ended up going back to the old habits 😅.
However, I managed to get out of my comfort zone for a bit and volunteered for an NGO in order to enhance my curriculum, which helped me land my current job 😃.

Sometimes, our improvement path goes in different ways and that's okay. Keep going one step at a time and everything will be fine.

Reactions: 6
@1001 others are you trying to meditate?
@Eiannelli did you do yoga from YouTube and if so can you tell us who did you follow?

I started following this guy and often you can find list of nasty food in his comments so I don't watch whole video 😎. @aliciaaaa Do you have any recommendations on nutrition? @Sadies any recommendations on food 🤩🤗🍹🍾🍓🍇🥓🍖🥞🍛🍜🍝🍡🍨🍸🍦🥑🥥.Here we have a lot of new members not related to previous topic

Last edited:
Me too. I began with eating better, but I ended up going back to the old habits 😅.
However, I managed to get out of my comfort zone for a bit and volunteered for an NGO in order to enhance my curriculum, which helped me land my current job 😃.

Sometimes, our improvement path goes in different ways and that's okay. Keep going one step at a time and everything will be fine.
i 100% agree with this. It’s a bit like when you go to therapy. You start talking about your issues and you don’t realise it’s helping but then suddenly a situation will come up and you’ll handle it completely differently and then you’re like “oh wow that is really working”

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Also if i was working id
@1001 others are you trying to meditate?
@Eiannelli did you do yoga from YouTube and if so can you tell us who did you follow?

I started following this guy and often you can find list of nasty food in his comments so I don't watch whole video 😎. @aliciaaaa Do you have any recommendations on nutrition? @Sadies any recommendations on food 🤩🤗🍹🍾🍓🍇🥓🍖🥞🍛🍜🍝🍡🍨🍸🍦🥑🥥.Here we have a lot of new members not related to previous topic
Yes yoga from youtube: Gayatri Yoga (specifically her most popular video Power Yoga)its challenging but with patience and practice got to learn the most advanced positions.
And to change it up id do pilates too: Move with Nicole, Dansique Fitness
Wouldnt go a day without practicing even if i had almost no time id still try to squeeze in at least a 20 min stretch.

Plus i paid 30 dlls to a nutritionist for online group “challenge” for a menu for 21 days with detailed measurements for protein/carbs/fat.. i needed to learn how to eat according to my height, age and goal. And up to today i really have eliminated bad habits and eat pretty healthy by intuition . It changed my life for sure. My BEST money spent , not a scam haha! Id be glad to share nutritionist too but she speaks spanish (Healthnanda)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@AnnaBeg I wish I had specific information on nutrition, but all my program has taught me is that sugary drinks like sofa is the #1 way to gain weight, and it makes you eat a lot more than you normally would compared to if you drank water. A balanced diet of fresh whole foods is best. I know many people have trouble with eating too much, one thing that my therapist and program taught me is “mindful eating”. It’s when you fully immerse yourself in the eating experience. This technique is used for people who have unhealthy relationships with food, either eating too much or eating too little. How you do it is when you eat you don’t have any distractions around you (TV turned on, on your phone, watching Netflix etc because your body doesn’t realize it’s eating because it’s not focused completely so you end up eating a lot more, it’s called distracted eating and it’s very dangerous) when you take your bites of food you chew for about 30-60s, and you ask yourself “how does this texture feel like, what is this flavour? Sweet? Sour? Spice? Try and figure out the different items you added in there and see if you can taste it. Can you taste the coriander? Can you taste the rosemary?” The purpose of mindful eating is to completely focus the task on hand, it in itself is a meditative process. Later you’ll realize what foods you love eating, and helps you enjoy meal times. I personally don’t advocate for any specific diet (like keto, vegan, paleo) but the Mediterranean diet is the healthiest.

In regards to meditation, you need to break out of this shell that you have have to do it in a specific way like just sitting in a lotus position. Meditation is simply the act of hyper focusing on one thing, usually the breath or counting. Working out is a meditative act because your hyper focusing on your movement as you do each rep, feeling your targeted muscle burning. If you love your job then it can become a meditative act(but that happens much later, after years of meditation. Or if you have a strong disciplined mind then it’ll come much quicker). I personally love meditative walks, I turn on some Tibetan chanting (or any music where there’s a simple mantra being repeated or just listening to the sound of nature like birds chirping) and let my mind go numb but let my body walk wherever and at at whatever speed it wants to. Plus for those who want to lose weight, speed walking is the #1 best weight loss method and it doesn’t harm your joints unlike running or doing crazy movements at the gym. When starting something new always start slow and build your way up start with 5 minutes but do it everyday then when you fee comfortable (say after 3 weeks) then increase it to 10minutes. It’s all about consistency when it comes to improvement, not sporadic but intense bursts of intense energy.

Reactions: 14
A lot of people thought that they would have tons of free time during lockdown, but it wasn't like that at all. When teleworking I tend to do longer hours than in the office. So don't beat yourself up! Plus, life is really hectic nowadays, you need to get some rest once in a while.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I love this thread idea! Might be something so simple but I want to read everyday. I used to do it in phases but always end up forgetting or loosing interest quickly. My goal for this month is to read a chapter or 2 everyday of a physical book not my kindle because I don’t need the screen time 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'd love to hear more on this, please! I noticed recently that my shoulders are rounded forwards and I'm turtle necking as well. It's from all the time I spend at my desk for work. I want to correct my posture immediately before it becomes much worse.
While I'm not a professional or studying to be one like @aliciaaaa (ty for the wonderful exercise tips) I want to add my two cents. I have the same issues as I'm working from home. Even with doing stretches and light exercise to ease the neck/shoulder/back area I felt tightness and pain. I decided to go to a RMT (registered massage therapist) for the first time with great results. It's nothing like relaxation massage and I admit it was very painful! I was sore for a few days but immediately after the session I had better mobility in my neck (previously had pain when tilting head back). It will not solve all posture issues but acts as an aid. I'd recommend it to anyone who feels poor mobility when doing stretches and exercises. Even a few sessions could be good to undo the stubborn knots in the muscles. Depending on your country you would need to look for an equivalent licenced professional.

• Heart
Massage therapist are the best!!! They count registered health care professionals in my country since many of them go into massage therapy for their graduate program. They are AMAZING at massaging away the scar tissue build up. I don’t like to advocate for those as I know there are people from around the world on this forum and I do not know the rules of different countries. In some countries you can be a massage therapist right out of high school, which in my personal opinion is a bit shoddy because there’s a lot to know about the human body, but if they are a registered professional with a legitimate certification in your home country then definitely see them!! Same with osteopaths, in my country you only get into a osteopathic program for your graduate degree and you need a 3.7 GPA (80%+) in your undergrad to get in. I know in the UK physiotherapists, personal trainers and osteopaths are seen as quacks

I’ve definitely experienced this. I am trying to be more compassionate toward myself because these past couple years have been so unprecedented- and the word unprecedented has been used to death, but it is still the best word to use- and it’s been difficult to stick to a healthy routine. So much of our daily life has changed, there is a ton of uncertainty, and it leaves us drained. Even if we’ve had job security through this.

That being said, movement and healthy routine have been essential for my mental health. I felt worse when I didn’t uphold my healthy habits, and it becomes harder to start the longer you put it off, you know? But it only takes the basics to get back on track; cooking healthy food at home, daily walks outside, sleep.

I’ve also been working through some mindset changes, which takes energy. A good friend of mine who is a psychologist said that sometimes your physical health falters when you focus on your mental health. I hope this helps.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
As far as I am concerned, I shall interact here on the matter of étiquette, home economics or culture.
But I give right now an answer to @Mjaumjau who asked me in the other post a question related to a saint protector. If you are not a believer or interessted in the matter, just skip the message.

Michael. Always Michael. No matter what, Michael. No matter who, Michael. No mater the faith/religion, Michael. I’ve already told in the other thread that Michael is the personficiation of the Force of the Truth. Every bad thing that we are experimenting in life in the shape of a humain being, or a situation and etc. has its origins in a lie. Lie = bad energy which affects the good and balanced energy of our inner Truth. Lying has multiple shapes : lying to yourself, lying to others, compromises with a situation/person, compromises with your inner Truth/intuition when you are not convinced by a situation/person but go for it. Always look for the Lie in a bad situation/relation etc. Sometime it’s hard to recognize it. I give you an exemple : the feminine jealousy. The feminine jealousy could be our intuition which tells us that the man is cheating or ready to cheat on us even if we don’t have the proof. This is good energy, it’s temporary and focused. But there is also the bad energy of the Lie, when a woman is jealous about women in general because she believes other women steal something from her/have something that shoud be her’s. It’s longlasting and for everything/everybody. Where lies the Lie in this second case ? The woman is lying to herself thinking she is superior to other woman and intitled. And she continues therefore to attract only bad things, people cheating on her, etc. I think I made my point clear. Even if it’s subtle and not evident right away, always look for the lie at the origin of something which seems to be not harmonious. The energy of Truth is harmony, is that feeling that everything is a perfect puzzle and a pleasant music.

Just ask to Michael to reveal the Truth and to protect you. Protection is showing to you the ways to get out of there. You don’t need to go in a church or to do some rituals. You can ask Him right now, when you are reading me, even if you are in pyjamas with a cake in your hand/mouth. Just ask what you need to know. Don’t be impressed by the way the answer manifests itself. Sometimes it can be scary not because Michael is coming in person but because of the forms taken by the answer to come right into your eyes or into your ears or mind. Just have trust even if the Truth destabilizes you. The energy of Truth is the balance of the Univers, balancing the negative and positive energie just like on the two plates of a balance. The sign of Michael is the rapidity. For the longuest response I waited 72h, because it was the week-end and the answer for the Truth was in my office (I didn't know it), so it emerged only Monday, but literally in the 5 min I’ve stepped into my office. For the shortest one is in the minute. You had an exemple with the painting of Saint Michael posted on the other thread,haha, in 30 min He forced that woman to reveal the Truth.

Now, as a last note. I should have more details but it seems to me from what you said innthe other thread, that you attract energy suckers who benefit from your energy/purity to continue to live their way with their own lies. Maybe you do not consider yourself as a very pure person but it means you are pure, like an exposed energetic field that everyone can touch and absorb. Imagine a fontain which attires dirty people, your waters are troubled by them and this leads to the phenomena you’ve just described. You are slighy out of Balance but not because of you (or maybe you are lying to youself in some matter and did a compromise with your inner Truth), but because of the weight of lies of the other people around you. The only thing to do is to ask Michael to reveal their lies, their hidden games or your own lies against yourself. When you’ll find the Truth and the nature of their/your lies, you are already protected. Things/people/situations will change because you’ll see the way to change it, right now your eyes are blind.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
As far as I am concerned, I shall interact here on the matter of étiquette, home economics or culture.
But I give right now an answer to @Mjaumjau who asked me in the other post a question related to a saint protector. If you are not a believer or interessted in the matter, just skip the message.

Michael. Always Michael. No matter what, Michael. No matter who, Michael. No mater the faith/religion, Michael. I’ve already told in the other thread that Michael is the personficiation of the Force of the Truth. Every bad thing that we are experimenting in life in the shape of a humain being, or a situation and etc. has its origins in a lie. Lie = bad energy which affects the good and balanced energy of our inner Truth. Lying has multiple shapes : lying to yourself, lying to others, compromises with a situation/person, compromises with your inner Truth/intuition when you are not convinced by a situation/person but go for it. Always look for the Lie in a bad situation/relation etc. Sometime it’s hard to recognize it. I give you an exemple : the feminine jealousy. The feminine jealousy could be our intuition which tells us that the man is cheating or ready to cheat on us even if we don’t have the proof. This is good energy, it’s temporary and focused. But there is also the bad energy of the Lie, when a woman is jealous about women in general because she believes other women steal something from her/have something that shoud be her’s. It’s longlasting and for everything/everybody. Where lies the Lie in this second case ? The woman is lying to herself thinking she is superior to other woman and intitled. And she continues therefore to attract only bad things, people cheating on her, etc. I think I made my point clear. Even if it’s subtle and not evident right away, always look for the lie at the origin of something which seems to be not harmonious. The energy of Truth is harmony, is that feeling that everything is a perfect puzzle and a pleasant music.

Just ask to Michael to reveal the Truth and to protect you. Protection is showing to you the ways to get out of there. You don’t need to go in a church or to do some rituals. You can ask Him right now, when you are reading me, even if you are in pyjamas with a cake in your hand/mouth. Just ask what you need to know. Don’t be impressed by the way the answer manifests itself. Sometimes it can be scary not because Michael is coming in person but because of the forms taken by the answer to come right into your eyes or into your ears or mind. Just have trust even if the Truth destabilizes you. The energy of Truth is the balance of the Univers, balancing the negative and positive energie just like on the two plates of a balance. The sign of Michael is the rapidity. For the longuest response I waited 72h, because it was the week-end and the answer for the Truth was in my office (I didn't know it), so it emerged only Monday, but literally in the 5 min I’ve stepped into my office. For the shortest one is in the minute. You had an exemple with the painting of Saint Michael posted on the other thread,haha, in 30 min He forced that woman to reveal the Truth.

Now, as a last note. I should have more details but it seems to me from what you said innthe other thread, that you attract energy suckers who benefit from your energy/purity to continue to live their way with their own lies. Maybe you do not consider yourself as a very pure person but it means you are pure, like an exposed energetic field that everyone can touch and absorb. Imagine a fontain which attires dirty people, your waters are troubled by them and this leads to the phenomena you’ve just described. You are slighy out of Balance but not because of you (or maybe you are lying to youself in some matter and did a compromise with your inner Truth), but because of the weight of lies of the other people around you. The only thing to do is to ask Michael to reveal their lies, their hidden games or your own lies against yourself. When you’ll find the Truth and the nature of their/your lies, you are already protected. Things/people/situations will change because you’ll see the way to change it, right now your eyes are blind.
Thank you do much for taking your time to give me guidance.

Sometimes I do feel like I am not in balance. Other people’s actions affect me more than they should and if it is a particular bad period (with a lot of things happening) I can’t get grouchy and I alway feel bad afterwards. I was for example rude to a person last year and I still regret it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Rather than not having achieved more I just wasn’t consistent enough after the lockdown.
Since 2020 I started to run and my average was 150-160kms/month until July when it was too hot. It’s October and I was not able to get back to it.
Same with reading books in different languages, it seems I get more distracted we are no longer in lockdown. 🤷‍♀️

p.s. Thanks for creating this thread @AnnaBeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Rather than not having achieved more I just wasn’t consistent enough after the lockdown.
Since 2020 I started to run and my avaregae was 150-160kms/month until July when it was too hot. It’s October and I was not able to get back to it.
Same with reading books in different languages, it seems I get more distracted we are no longer in lockdown. 🤷‍♀️

p.s. Thanks for creating this thread @AnnaBeg
Oh yeah, I get it 😅. I started to go for a walk around my city in order to keep myself active. However, that didn't last long.

Same with reading (in general) and learning Serbian. I began really motivated, but I stopped being consistent.

Reactions: 4