Self improvement corner!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I took that class from MoMa! It was great fun and interesting too, as a person who thought I didn't like modern art, it was quite different to what usually enjoy but it also introduced me to one of my new favourite art pieces. Definitely made me keep an open mind. There are some quirky classes if you don't want something super academic. I also took the History of Witchcraft (I think it's called) from University of Barcelona and it was pretty good.

I've recently found out about this woman called Ann Russell who gives cleaning tips on TikTok. I don't have a tiktok so I followed some of her content from YouTube. If anyone is struggling to get on top of their cleaning, I'd recommend watching her Depression Cleaning 1&2.

For the same subject, Unfuck Your Habitat is also helpful.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Same exact problem here.

Not a hair oil, but I just started using KMS Tamefrizz Smoothing Reconstructor. It's pricey but you don't need much, and you use it in place of conditioner. I think it will last a while. Got it from Amazon.
Thank you so much for the recommendation!

The classes look very interesting, I will have to check them out in the near future. There is a lot going on at my job at the moment and some stress with my living situation at the moment so my brain is occupied.

On the other hand, I would recommend people who have the resources and want to improve their strength/mobility/lose weight to get themself a reputable personal trainer. It is really expensive, but I believe it's better for you when you have to get into shape and have no idea what and how to use gym equipment. It is a slow process for me, I have quite a bit of weight to lose but it is rewarding to see the results.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you so much for the recommendation!

The classes look very interesting, I will have to check them out in the near future. There is a lot going on at my job at the moment and some stress with my living situation at the moment so my brain is occupied.

On the other hand, I would recommend people who have the resources and want to improve their strength/mobility/lose weight to get themself a reputable personal trainer. It is really expensive, but I believe it's better for you when you have to get into shape and have no idea what and how to use gym equipment. It is a slow process for me, I have quite a bit of weight to lose but it is rewarding to see the results.
I would also add a nutritionist to the mix, especially when you've been dealing with disordered eating and don't have a clue about how to have a balanced diet that suits your body and your needs.

Reactions: 4
I would also add a nutritionist to the mix, especially when you've been dealing with disordered eating and don't have a clue about how to have a balanced diet that suits your body and your needs.
On top of that, I would recommend getting bloodwork done to see if you are lacking in vitamins/minerals. That's how I found out I need to take vitamin D supplements regulary.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My people!! Looking forward to picking up some pointers, and sharing some of mine.

Aesthetic living:
Nami's life: I got waaaay into Japanese/Korean daily life vloggers during the pandemic, it felt less lonely to go about my business with some background video. We don't even see her face, but this lovely young lady is an artist. Look at how tiny her apartment is (housing is crazy expensive in Tokyo), and yet she cooks beautiful meals and dresses well. I'm inspired to try and keep my own place clean πŸ˜…
Thank you so much for this recommendation on Nami's Life! I had some time this weekend so watched several of her videos. What a truly elegant woman! I just love her channel and approach to life. ❀

I love her home, her organization, and that she makes so many lovely meals. (Multi-course meals!). I noticed that she eats a lot of vegetables (even for breakfast). She eats a lot of food but stays so naturally slim and doesn't forbid herself treats. I think the vegetables and healthy options chosen so consistently are part of the formula.

This reminded me of a free program I've found recently, and have been trying to follow. It's called Full Plate Living, and it simply recommends filling 75% of your plate at every meal with vegetables, fruit, beans, and cooked whole grains. That's it. I find it simple to remember, and simply a healthy way to eat.

Thanks again! I'm a Nami's Life fan now!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My opinion though, but I believe you might agree with my statement below:

Being a "certified" "color theory expert" does NOT equate to being a make-up expert or up to extent, make-up artist.

Below are the following make-up gurus whom I will recommend for all of us, regardless of age: Lisa Eldrige and Marlena Stell.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Need to quickly throw in a podcast recommendation because I just listened to the recent episode about Luxury Items and it's such an interesting topic - and I love this podcast, always keeps me grounded and gives me food for thoughts: https://www.theminimalists.com/podcast/

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@lemonlime Thank you for the rec, I've been binge watching Otena this week! Love her jewellery box (and all those delicate little pieces) and the flowers and coffee machine. And not a speck of dust anywhere πŸ˜… Room tour

• Heart
@Stella_Luna Can you recommend me oil colours for a friends birthday present?Budget is up to 100Β£.
Shooooot... I'm so sorry, haven't seen this post until now. I'm guessing you already found something... πŸ™ˆ
For future reference:
Sennelier oil pastels come highly recommend. A few basic colours are enough for beginners.
Or if you had oil paint in mindmind, this article could be useful:

Also, not sure if it's a hobby, or your friend is seriously interested in these techniques. Most artist that I know make their own oil paints by using pigments. That might be another idea to put together a make your own paint starter kit for next year...
Again, I'M REALLY SORRY not replying earlier πŸ’™

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Nope,I've heard about Senelier but she's into oil,will try your link.I hope you enjoyed your honeymoon.Will get in touch tomorrow,pay attention to me πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ™ƒ

• Heart
Has anyone looked in to non-reactivity? i.e. how to be non-reactive in social situations/not reverting to submissive or aggressive behaviours. I’m new to it so trying to wade through all the PUA garbage, but it’s an a-ha moment.
This book is a great start. It's psychology, but can be understood fairly easily.
Games people play by Eric Berne

Nope,I've heard about Senelier but she's into oil,will try your link.I hope you enjoyed your honeymoon.Will get in touch tomorrow,pay attention to me πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ™ƒ
No honeymoon here, there is a pandemic going on πŸ˜…
πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

• Heart
Reactions: 8
And it's based in good old psychology. In second half of last century they were making and finding most of basis of social psychology actually psychology in general.
@Stella_Luna Enjoyed "something "with your German husband.

Excellent, thank you!
I downloaded Scribd this weekend and read it! First book I’ve read in years 😱 (used to be an avid reader) but I’ve got the bug again now. There were lots of interesting bits that have led me on to more contemporary areas (think it was wrote in the 60s). Thanks for the recommendation @Stella_Luna

It reaffirmed I won’t do stuff for myself if it’s not how I planned in my head. So today I put a log fire screensaver on roku πŸ˜„ lit some candles and made sure I finished it (with notes). Then I was procrastinating washing my hair because it was mid-afternoon so just done it over the bath, put a treatment on, face masks & eye masks πŸ§–πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ, cooking a nice dinner and got some Motown tunes on 🎡

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@teki_awas You said that you are into restauration of old buildings, my Average Joe owns castle and we need few advices but in same time we have to deal with English heritage,pain in the ass..

Has Bastine been seen in this thread? Would love to make it more active. I haven't read it in its entirety.

Reactions: 4
If any of you are trying to fix your posture, I swear by this guy and his tips:

Reactions: 10