Secret Celebrity Gossip #97

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always like the Eminem song The Way I Am. That whole album¹ is highly problematic, for various reasons too varied to go into here, but bits of that song are a good "duck you" to haters lol.

¹The Marshall Mathers LP
I had that album and especially that song on repeat so much when it first came out.
Swap The Cure for Placebo and I'd say same here.

As I've said before I'm glad I didn't discover Bright Eyes¹ until a while later because they're maybe just a bit too grim for how I felt at that time.

¹especially Fevers And Mirrors and to a lesser extent Digital Ash In A Digital Urn.
Placebo were my adolescence.

Reactions: 6
Can anyone remember when David Walliams and Abi Titmuss (still love that surname) had a thing? Must have been around 2004.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
A lot of these celebrity net worths are just made up by the publications. Or are very rough estimates based on one or two verified bits of information about what they've earned for certain individual films/tours/sponsorships etc.

Also, sometimes they're fabricated by a celebs PR team for headlines, like Kylie Jenner's claim to be a billionaire, published without any semblance of fact checking by Forbes.
Lewis Capaldi talked about this on Tik Tok a while back. According to some media articles, he is supposed to be worth millions. Unsurprisingly, he said they were talking mince.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Lewis Capaldi talked about this on Tik Tok a while back. According to some media articles, he is supposed to be worth millions. Unsurprisingly, he said they were talking mince.
Haha, I think I saw that too. Didn't he say he had something like £250 in his account when people were estimating his worth when his first album had been released? He was like " duh, do they think the money just magically appears overnight?" 😂

He's bloody fabulous and I hope he makes enough to set him and his family up for life.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
How sad am I? -well, that or I have excellent judgement regarding where to for for a laugh and good company, late night, after a crap day. Was just getting over a horrible virus and and almost severing my thumb-tip earlier in the week. Today, after visiting mum in her care home for the first time in a few days (it's generally daily but wasn't going to take in the lurgi even if I probably did catch it there), took our Welsh Springer to the park so we'd get in a game of ball before the light went. Little git pulled me over and I broke my ankle. Getting back from having it 'booted up' for 6 weeks, my darling partner (to whom I had given the virus and had to drag off his sick bed to drop me off at the hospital) took me back to his folks for tea, sympathy and a sarnie. While eating said (yum) sarnie, to add insult to injury, a piece of a back tooth fell out...the first thing I wanted to do on getting back chez dorydaryl was dive into Tattle and cheer up with a bit of gossip. So, here I am reading about inspirational 80+ year olds (of whom I know a few)...it's good to be home!!!

P.S. There were no celebs on the park or hospital- sorry about that!

• Heart
Reactions: 50
How sad am I? -well, that or I have excellent judgement regarding where to for for a laugh and good company, late night, after a crap day. Was just getting over a horrible virus and and almost severing my thumb-tip earlier in the week. Today, after visiting mum in her care home for the first time in a few days (it's generally daily but wasn't going to take in the lurgi even if I probably did catch it there), took our Welsh Springer to the park so we'd get in a game of ball before the light went. Little git pulled me over and I broke my ankle. Getting back from having it 'booted up' for 6 weeks, my darling partner (to whom I had given the virus and had to drag off his sick bed to drop me off at the hospital) took me back to his folks for tea, sympathy and a sarnie. While eating said (yum) sarnie, to add insult to injury, a piece of a back tooth fell out...the first thing I wanted to do on getting back chez dorydaryl was dive into Tattle and cheer up with a bit of gossip. So, here I am reading about inspirational 80+ year olds (of whom I know a few)...it's good to be home!!!

Awww well on the bright side, you have had about a years worth of bad luck all in one day, so you can rest easy now in your boot, knowing it's now some other bugger's turn ♥

Edit: the tooth should be fine. Mr TitsDrop did the same on holiday and it was an easy fix (he was very pissed off when I shrieked and threw it away when he passed it to me... apparently he hadn't had a 'proper examine' 🤮).

• Haha
Reactions: 13
How sad am I? -well, that or I have excellent judgement regarding where to for for a laugh and good company, late night, after a crap day. Was just getting over a horrible virus and and almost severing my thumb-tip earlier in the week. Today, after visiting mum in her care home for the first time in a few days (it's generally daily but wasn't going to take in the lurgi even if I probably did catch it there), took our Welsh Springer to the park so we'd get in a game of ball before the light went. Little git pulled me over and I broke my ankle. Getting back from having it 'booted up' for 6 weeks, my darling partner (to whom I had given the virus and had to drag off his sick bed to drop me off at the hospital) took me back to his folks for tea, sympathy and a sarnie. While eating said (yum) sarnie, to add insult to injury, a piece of a back tooth fell out...the first thing I wanted to do on getting back chez dorydaryl was dive into Tattle and cheer up with a bit of gossip. So, here I am reading about inspirational 80 year olds (of whom I know a few)...it's good to be home!!!

Oh blimey, you poor thing! Take it easy, I’m also recovering from a lurgy and am so glad I could while away the hours on Tattle(the only problem was that it hurt to laugh!)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thanks so much. Good news is that it doesn't look to be a complex fracture and I'm still one of the lucky people I know who has a lovely NHS dentist to contact on Monday! I do live with a lot of pain anyway, due to other conditions, and this really isn't too bad in comparison (she says before 'the day after!). Plus, one never says 'no' to free quality sexy footwear. The irony is I was wearing a support on the other ankle following a sprain and never thought to ask for another boot to match. D'oh!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Thanks so much. Good news is that it doesn't look to be a complex fracture and I'm still one of the lucky people I know who has a lovely NHS dentist to contact on Monday! I do live with a lot of pain anyway, due to other conditions, and this really isn't too bad in comparison (she says before 'the day after!). Plus, one never says 'no' to free quality sexy footwear. The irony is I was wearing a support on the other ankle following a sprain and never thought to ask for another boot to match. D'oh!
TWO boots? Nah, your partner would just combust with desire and then couldn't help you to get about. It's good you only have the one to get his juices flowing 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
TWO boots? Nah, your partner would just combust with desire and then couldn't help you to get about. It's good you only have the one to get his juices flowing 😂
Funnily enough, he's recently returned from being away for four months, the longest we've been apart in 12 years. So, you might just be right! 😂
The caveat to that is that I'm not sure who he was pleased to see most on his return- the dog or me. Said culprit dog is now looking very subdued, lying on his bed in the living room. But that's probably because he didn't get his dinner 'til late. He'll be farting rainbows within the hour.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Just found the extract, from Jason Donovan about him collapsing in the Viper Room… interesting reading when Johnny Depp and Kate Moss where there and Michael Hutchence and Helena (side note Michael has been gone 25 years on 22/11😭)
They way he described him made me laugh as he knew him from Australia not he stole Kylie from me 🤣🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Just found the extract, from Jason Donovan about him collapsing in the Viper Room… interesting reading when Johnny Depp and Kate Moss where there and Michael Hutchence and Helena (side note Michael has been gone 25 years on 22/11😭)
They way he described him made me laugh as he knew him from Australia not he stole Kylie from me 🤣🤣

Hi fellow Penelope (you have a much more glamorous picture) 👋

Were Kylie and Jason really together do you think or was it all publicity shizzle?

I can't think of much less glam than being in a room with that lot and ending up needing to be carted off to hospital.

A sweaty and coked up JD...no wonder Kylie sodded off with Michael Hutchence. At least he looked like he could handle his drugs better!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’m still dying to know why Lara left David. It seemed to happen so suddenly, it was like she discovered something that she couldn’t deal with.
I also wonder if he was responsible for her struggle with alcohol misuse? I’m sure I’d turn to drink if I was
married to such an obnoxious person.

Aw you poor bugger!! Tattle + Netflix for you now. Feel better soon ❤❤❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I also wonder if he was responsible for her struggle with alcohol misuse? I’m sure I’d turn to drink if I was married to such an obnoxious person.
she cited unreasonable behaviour in the divorce papers (but i don’t think any further clarity was given) and he gave a lot of self-indulgent interviews about how he has wanted to give things another go, iirc the press at the time.

i think that her alcohol misuse was before they married though. i definitely remember reading something where she’d been around five years sober at their wedding.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.