Secret Celebrity Gossip #93

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He was an appalling snob on I'm a celeb....turned me right off him.
Mentioned this before but I sat as close to dammit with Nigel Havers in a Green room, waiting to be interviewed on breakfast telly in 1992. He was talking with Dr. Hillary Jones and at one point there was just them, my dad (who'd come along for moral support and a nosey) and me. They completely blanked us, like we weren't in the room (it was a very small room). Paul Gambaccini and Ulrika Jonsson were lovely, though, when they came in.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Louis Tomlinson (also ex-One Direction) mum worked at one point as a chaperone for younger actors on TV shows and worked on Fat Friends where James Corden was a young actor. (Louis would sometimes be with his mum?) And then anyway when he was suddenly staying in London after X-factor she messaged James Corden and said could he keep an eye on him and so James got in touch and met the 1D guys particularly Harry as he & Louis were flat mates at that point.
I’m glad you posted this because I knew there was some child actor type thing to explain the 1D/JC friendship!! It was Louis’s mum’s fault all along. May she rest in peace.

Reactions: 9
Mentioned this before but I sat as close to dammit with Nigel Havers in a Green room, waiting to be interviewed on breakfast telly in 1992. He was talking with Dr. Hillary Jones and at one point there was just them, my dad (who'd come along for moral support and a nosey) and me. They completely blanked us, like we weren't in the room (it was a very small room). Paul Gambaccini and Ulrika Jonsson were lovely, though, when they came in.
To be fair, green rooms are quite weird places, especially when it's for a daytime show. You never quite know if the person next to you is there because they have three husbands, saved a drowning child, is a medical expert or has won a prize for a haircut on camera. So while some people can just be rude, there's also a fear that if you start talking you might discover they're a white supremacist or some who insists they're scared of all food except chicken poppers. It's tempting, especially if you got up early and feel tired, just to avoid going there.

By the way, easily the most deluded green room inhabitant I've encountered was Jane McDonald, just after she'd found 'fame' after the cruise ship stuff. She was really pleased with her white trouser suit, flicking her hair about and talking animatedly to her bored PA about her wonderful hotel mini bar - 'It's got Doritos, all sorts!' - whilst acting as if she was Barbra flipping Streisand and all the rest of us (inc. Leslie Phillips, Roger Lloyd Pack etc) were hopeless unknowns.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
This is like the regular confusion when people use the initials TH

Why did Nigel Harman get randomly dragged into this? People were talking about Nigel Havers

😆😆😆
@CarrierPigeon posted:
Nasty people who complain about everything & treat staff like tit :
Patsy Palmer, Nigel Harman & Maureen Lipman.

So there is a valid reason for the Nigel Havers/Harman to and fro :)

***ETA*** Just realised im a whole page behind so just ignore me :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Apropos Maureen Lipman, isn't Sheila Hancock supposed to be a real pain, too? She drove Keeley Hawes off a play they were both in.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
He’s alreet old rodders ❤
Not sure there have been a lot of rumours about him being a total miser since the 70's, so I wonder whether he thought he would get some kind of financial help by doing this.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Apropos Maureen Lipman, isn't Sheila Hancock supposed to be a real pain, too? She drove Keeley Hawes off a play they were both in.
I saw that play. It also had Lee Evans in it. It was toe curlingly bad. I think it got panned and tempers frayed on set. I left during the interval. I was restless during the first half, I kept shifting in my seat. I was only a few rows back from the stage. I think Keeley H thought I was getting up to go at one point, she looked at me anxiously. I think people had been walking out. I regret moving so much, I felt sorry for her. I seem to recall allegations that Hancock slapped Keely and said you are not on a TV set now. Keeley left a week before the run ended I think.

Edited to add - Keeley has very good legs, she was wearing a mini skirt. Hancock tripped and banged into the furniture.

A bit more…not a slap, a grab!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
He does seem to be a nice guy. I saw him in a hotel in Belfast once being really nice to fans who were pestering him. Why is he living in LA though. TT aren’t famous in the States. Is he trying to be anonymous or is he looking to have a career there.
He also looks like an ancient hippie, I didn't recognise him on the ONE SHOW, I thought he was some has been from the 1960's!!

Reactions: 5
I have a friend who had a vaginal examination from Dr Hilary Jones (all above board I hasten to add, nothing kinky) and he has very thin, spindly fingers.

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 96
I have a friend who had a vaginal examination from Dr Hilary Jones (all above board I hasten to add, nothing kinky) and he has very thin, spindly fingers.
Knowing what incredible expertise he demonstrates on daytime TV, I bet his 'examination' ended in him popping his head up and declaring, 'Yup. I can confirm that what you have there is definitely a vagina!'

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Weak tea to avoid revealing myself but I worked with/for a lot of people ages ago and have an extensive list of nice/not nice and normal!

One of the most bitchy was Natalie Appleton from All Saints who really thought she was something special and spent her time laughing at "the people doing their little jobs" and loudly talking about how she could never "serve" other people like "the help are" (referring to anyone who was not famous in the room. Shaznay was absolutely lovely and really almost apologetic when she had to ask for anything.

Lee Evans was so lovely and really normal. Made me want to be his friend but I think it would have terrified him as he seemed quite shy!

Also found all of Blue lovely - apart from Duncan who was arrogant. I thought Lee would be an arse but he was really sweet and Simon was stunning in person

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.