Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blessmyheart

VIP Member
i still buy those,only the steak and kidney ones mind, 2 bits of meat in the whole pie,i can eat all by myself. how the hell did my mom feed 5 of us out of one tin is beyond me ? must have been bigger tins i think
Can’t remember the tins much, but the Findus pancakes definitely got smaller and thinner as time rolled on.
I’m not complaining, I think if you survived those pancakes you practically had a superpower.Im convinced that I didn’t really need the covid vaccine.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Ah, what a time that was to be alive. It almost felt like the writers were personal friends of yours.

David Hepworth, Tom Hibbert (RIP) Neil Tennant (yes, him). They used to gently mock the pop stars of the day, too. Glorious.
I remember the issue that said Neil Tennent was leaving to focus on his band. I wonder what happened to him ? 🤣 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 27

VIP Member
Me! I started young with Twinkle and as I aged, went through Look-In, Girl, Just Seventeen, Smash Hits, More and Cosmo!!!
Did anyone get Mandy & Judy - then from there to Just 17 then to More
Wild now to think position of fortnight in a teen mag was ok

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I think that's pretty shitty you'd put that out there, to be honest.
His business, which he obviously wanted kept private (and managed to do despite being very famous).
I'd have thought a fellow patient would have understood how important that was.
I agree. The same thing happened to Sarah Harding as well. I wouldn‘t dream of posting that I’d seen a Celeb or anyone for that matter, at a hospital. Everyone is entitled to medical privacy.

• Wow
  • Heart

Rekyavikgirl

VIP Member
Then why has he not been charged. The media won’t write about speculation if they think they can be sued for libel. However the police WILL investigate accusations of rape. So why haven’t they? Or if they have, why have they not arrested him?
LOL, dear sweet summer child

• Haha

flowerpotno7

VIP Member
I didn’t put it out there. I confirmed it. It was a few years ago and it’s not something I “put out there” at all. I never mentioned it at all st the time or afterwards until it came out. It’s been known for a few years. Me confirming it a week ago doesn’t mean I “put it out there”.
hope your better now. please dont fret over someone elses opinions. anyone would mention they saw a celebrity in there daily life,celebrities are famous and court publicity,due to the jobs they do. a patient seeing a celeb in a hospital and telling people is not a bad thing,most people would do the same, they could be there for any number of reasons,waiting for someone,work related,giving an award etc.,. a health worker working in the NHS (or some where similar) and telling various people intimate details about their health, is a whole different kettle of fish and should be reported

Last edited:

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I agree, that’s why I haven’t uttered a word until now as he’s well and back on tour. I agree that reporting back on seeing someone in hospital is completely out of order - even if you’re a patient there yourself!
honestly, and i know your intentions were decent and all, it’s much the same thing. he’s entitled to not have that shared if he doesn’t want it to be, even if he’s ten, twenty, thirty years after treatment. it’s a deeply personal and traumatic thing to go through, and if he wants to keep it private then he should be able to do that forever.

i’m bowing out though because discussions of illness, especially cancer, becomes very personal to me. the main point really is that people going through serious health issues isn’t gossip, regardless of whether they’re having or have had treatment. peter kay was entitled to ask for that privacy and it should have been granted to him.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Ennui

VIP Member
I’ve seen the full frontal pics…
Heavens to Betsy, you wouldn't get that in Bunty.

Sorry, I'll stop now. The young whippersnappers on here must think they've accidentally turned up at Gransnet.

• Haha

Britbloke

I couldn't wait for my Smash Hits. Absolutely loved it. I kept them all and put them in order. I was a saddo.
Ah, what a time that was to be alive. It almost felt like the writers were personal friends of yours.

David Hepworth, Tom Hibbert (RIP) Neil Tennant (yes, him). They used to gently mock the pop stars of the day, too. Glorious.

• Heart

DarnIt

VIP Member
I’m sure I still have scars on the roof of my mouth from those death pancakes.My foray into international cuisine was started by Vesta curry.
Vesta cho mein with the deep fried toe nails for added crunch.

Me! I started young with Twinkle and as I aged, went through Look-In, Girl, Just Seventeen, Smash Hits, More and Cosmo!!!
Ah Twinkle with the little totally plastic giveaways on the cover.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

dorydaryl

Chatty Member
Clearly not as old as me- I have no clue who these people are!
Me neither. My last bit of excitement in the popular music department was the ABBA revival ('Voyage'). Not sure I'd want to see the ABBAtars in concert, though.
Apart from the odd breakthrough gem, my taste in music stops in the 1990s or thereabouts. Doesn't help that I was brought up with a lot of my dad's 1950's/60's stuff, so pretty 'conditioned'. 80's was my era. And I'm so square I love musicals. Definitely not in vogue (aged 52. Young at heart, old at music).

• Haha