Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
I agree. I just don’t enjoy sex as a spectator sport. So graphic sex scenes just don’t do it for me. I just wish they would show waves crashing on a beach and then get on wit the plot. 😁
I remember the good old days when a sex scene consisted of some very chaste snogging followed by a shot of a train going into a tunnel or a rocket taking off.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Sounds the opposite to me. He had a go at football, decided he didn't like it, had a go at photography and decided he didn't like it and now he's trying something else. Sounds like his dad wasn't disappointed in him for giving up.

Think many people would love the opportunity to dip their toes into lots of different careers and see what sticks. So good for him.

I'd imagine he could sit on his arse and do fa if he really wanted to.
But that's not what's happening. He doesn't commit to anything.

Take the photography for example. He decides he wants to be a photographer. Straight away his parents connections get him a Burberry shoot and a book published. He becomes a laughing stock because he's had no training and his work is shit. He then gets a spot at a prestigious school to study photography. He doesn't like being there, probably because it's a full time commitment. So he leaves.

The other ting to remember here, someone else could have had the opportunity to do the shoot. Someone else could have benefitted from his place at college. He is just playing at it. Same with cooking. Has he decided to go college or do an apprenticeship and learn? No he does clips of him making beans on toast. It's pathetic.

Reactions: 49

Pennypennypenny

VIP Member
When biological women are being told to put and shut up when raising concerns about sharing safe spaces with trans women’s many of whom haven’t even bothered to have surgery and when forced to play sports alongside trans women are physically bigger and stronger, then yes it does occlude women’s rights.

But this isn’t the place so I’ll leave it there.
JK is a hero and very brave

Ohhhhh, do tell? What was the gossip? 😀
It was absolutely yonks ago I can’t remember any of it. Back in the day we used to write to each other (I was on maternity leave) I shall dig out the letters when I get a minute

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
I’m sorry but that lad just gives me the creeps
Same, very strange lad.

Also, I worked in Rigby & Peller back in the day, Gok came in with the owners for pre-shooting things for his TV show. He stole my sweets from the break area :ROFLMAO: I'm still salty about this over a decade later. Lol!

• Haha
Reactions: 48

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
I get why an intimacy coordinator is necessary but I also understand Sean Bean’s POV as an actor with it being a bit mechanical rather then natural (however I reckon he may also be a bit of a dirty old man). I think Outlander recently employed an intimacy coordinator on the latest seasons of the show and the sex scenes were a bit rubbish compared to the first few seasons. However, I’d maybe suggest they don’t bother with them at all? They’re usually just an excuse to show an actresses boobs on screen (most of which is unnecessary, unless it stars Kate Winslet who I think has it written into her contract that she gets them out at least once per film/series).
Sex scenes always give me the ick.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Whatevesmate

Chatty Member
This is a much better take.

View attachment 1494260

Really hope he pulls through, it’s just shocking.
The attack on Salman Rushdie is dreadful. He is on a ventilator, unable to speak, and apparently may lose an eye 😔

His agent told Reuters and the New York Times... “Salman will likely lose one eye; the nerves in his arm were severed; and his liver was stabbed and damaged.”

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 46

Lostcat

Chatty Member
Ian Rankin is a lovely man, so kind and patient at events and signings, always happy to answer questions about his characters and writing processes he's probably had million times before.

Neil Gaiman was the same when I met him in the early 2000s, he had a nice thing to say to everyone, and drew a little picture in every book he was given. Also lovely and staggeringly patient was the late, great Terry Pratchett, even though he was clearly knackered from a UK wide tour and the bookshop has seriously underprepared for the arrival of 500 fans of his books.

Most authors are really sweet at signing events, the new, unknown ones are super pleased people have come to meet them, and the more established ones delight in the way their creations are so well loved.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

Cosmo69

Chatty Member
This is sad actually. He gave up football (when he failed), gave up photography (when he failed) and has now apparently found his passion making beans on toast. I think the Beckhams have done a pretty shit job of raising their kids to have fulfilling lives.

TATTOOIST: Hello again, mate! Another tattoo?

BROOKLYN: Yeah.

TATTOOIST: What do you want this time?

BROOKLYN: I was finkin' of: "I like beans" down me left arm - in between "Can you wake me up at 9 tomorrow, Mum?" and "We won 3:2!"

TATTOOIST: You really don't have a private thought in your head, do you?

BROOKLYN: Fanks!

• Haha

samjb756

Why would a sex scene need 'spontaneity'?! Its scripted. God forbid a woman should feel safe on a set whilst she is doing her job it would be much better to let her scene partner do whatever he wants to her....

• Heart

Hurrah for the return of ‘rock stars who look like ageing women’ 🙌🙌🙌🙌

I’d also be really interested to see an example of this, I’ve never successfully found it myself and whenever I see someone condemning her as a bigot I ask what exactly it is she said that was so hateful and get told to “do my own research” 🤷‍♀️
That’s the only response that’s ever forthcoming.

Even the CEO of Stonewall, when interviewed on ‘Women’s Hour’, was unable to cite a transphobic
comment by JKR. Funny, eh?

• Angry
  • Haha

clara131brown

VIP Member
Why would a sex scene need 'spontaneity'?! Its scripted. God forbid a woman should feel safe on a set whilst she is doing her job it would be much better to let her scene partner do whatever he wants to her....
Marvel let Chris Hemsworth kiss his wife in a scene and she wore a wig to look like Natalie Portman's character. Now that's consideration

Amelia99

VIP Member
The talk of finding sex scenes cringey to watch reminded me of an excruciating moment from my teenage years. I was at a friends house. We were about 14 at the time. We happened to be in the sitting room with her Dad watching some movie on TV when a totally unexpected and quite raunchy sex scene came on. We sat there in total silence and embarrassment for what seemed like an hour but probably was a few seconds before my friends Dad leapt out of his chair and said in an overly cheery voice “right, who’s for a cup of tea!” and fled to the kitchen. 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 44

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Referring back to my post in the last thread, where I said I fancied Tom Ellis, can I amend that to "I only fancy Tom Ellis when he plays Lucifer and not as a real life human being?" Because it turns out he's a bit of a cunt.

• Haha

Gold_7

Chatty Member
The poor man, I didn’t realise how horrific the attack was.
The problem with this attack is that it will spur on Muslim fanatics and embolden them even more.
It will also rekindle Islamaphobic attitudes to normal regular people who happen to be Muslim as well, as ignorant people assume normal Muslims agree with this horrific behaviour.

• Heart
  • Sad