Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CookieZippy

VIP Member
That's just nonsense, of course people condem that sort of behaviour. I support trans rights, and I condem it, so...

There is a difference between free speech and hate speech. One person's desire to air their prejudices against a minority group does not trump the basic human rights of that group to exist without persecution.

Have you got any examples of her "hate speech"? I've been trying to find some for years but nobody ever has an answer to that question. It's weird.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Posted this before but usually raises an eyebrow given their slightly different career paths: Vanessa Feltz studied at Cambridge at the same time as Stephen Fry. Both read English and Vanessa outperformed him, gaining a first.
i’ve always had a bit of a soft spot for vanessa feltz so this makes me smile.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
Posted this before but usually raises an eyebrow given their slightly different career paths: Vanessa Feltz studied at Cambridge at the same time as Stephen Fry. Both read English and Vanessa outperformed him, gaining a first.
I used to speak to Vanessa through work and I can confirm that she is funny and lovely.

• Heart
Reactions: 55

House of Tea

VIP Member
The only relationships Damian Hurley has are with
  1. his Mother
  2. Any mirror or reflective surface, except the back of spoons

• Haha

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Olivia Wilde divorce…
as said above, it’s crazy that she’s dating a rich younger man with no ties to a particular place and ability to freely and quickly travel……. and yet SHE is the one uprooting her children to move to him? i don’t blame sudeikis for being upset by that.

SkippyDoo

Chatty Member
Like everyone else, I feel really very sad to hear about Darius. He seemed such a genuinely nice man, I've not read a bad thing said about him. 41 is no age. Such a shame 😢
I’ve really found myself a little struck by Darius’s passing even though I couldn’t say I was a fan as such. We are similar ages and I remember him quite well from reality TV back in the day.

I really sincerely admire someone bouncing back from some public ridicule to a healthy amount of success (it inspires me) and I always thought he had done well in life with a solid career in the West End etc. I see now in his passing that for all the audition mockery etc he got on TV, no-one has a bad word to say about the man himself.

RIP — and Darius, if you can see this where you are now, “Colourblind” still stands up so well, a total banger!!

• Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
With regards to the X Factor does anyone remember Danyl Johnson? He was caught in bed with fellow contestant Lloyd Daniels at the house they all shared. Lloyd was only just 16 at the time, Danyl was almost 30. So obviously very icky. It caused a huge scandal backstage and was the reason for Danni Minogue and Cheryl’s very obvious frostiness towards Danyl (Cheryl mentored Lloyd). The News of the World found out about this, and they we’re going to run it on their front page. I can remember it being discussed on Digital Spy as there were insiders from the show and the press who posted on there and unusually for DS they allowed the discussion to continue. We were all ready on the Saturday night for the front page to appear, and then bizarrely the story vanished and was replaced by a weird headline about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie and the state of their marriage which they later successfully sued the NOTW for.

I think we can now all safely assume that Cowell and his minions put pressure on the NOTW to drop the story. Presumably by saying they’d not allow them access to the show in future if they ran with it. The story about Lucy Spraggan being attacked at the hotel was reported on I believe but she was never actually named, even though it was obvious it was her.

Honestly the whole thing stinks really when you look back. I saw through the XF fairly on and watched with bemused astonishment as it just got really huge and people thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. I always thought it was manipulative, exploitative shite.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 53

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
I think this takes the biscuit for disgusting tweet in regard to Salman Rushdie’s stabbing

View attachment 1494390View attachment 1494383
This makes me so angry. These are the kinds of people people like Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson et Al, Ask Sarkar and the rest of them are defending. Yet they will defend death and rape threats on the grounds of people's perceived ' hurt feelings' but have the cheek to be outraged when Rushdie is almost stabbed to death for writing a book. They are basically defending the kind of people who are issuing the same kinds of threats to Rowling.

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Lurkiemurkie

Many moons ago I worked at BBC and my boss took me to a do where Salman Rushdie was also present. I briefly spoke to him as part of a group and he was absolutely lovely. I was very young and had nothing to add to the conversation but he was kind and also smelt lovely! I didn't sniff him - it was a general aroma 🤣
Boring tea but this attack has really sadden me.

• Heart

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Sex scenes always give me the ick.
I find them a lot more cringy as I’ve got older. I’m not sure why, tbh, probably because most of them are for the male gaze.

Meant to say in my previous post, of course social justice warrior Jameela Jamil has jumped in with an opinion. There’s not a single current issue she won’t weigh in on somehow.

• Haha
  • Heart

coolcat2022

VIP Member
Also, if she felt suicidal before, being horrifically burned and condemned by the world and being criminally convicted for being a drink and drug driver isn’t really going to improve things for her.
I hope she’s at peace now.
It’s terrible isn’t it? When I small I was badly burned in an accident. Had to stay in hospital for a long time and had to relearn how to walk again. The pain is one of my first memories. I hope Anne is comfortable and not in any pain any more. 😢

• Heart
  • Sad

Very traditional

VIP Member
Have you got any examples of her "hate speech"? I've been trying to find some for years but nobody ever has an answer to that question. It's weird.
I’d also be really interested to see an example of this, I’ve never successfully found it myself and whenever I see someone condemning her as a bigot I ask what exactly it is she said that was so hateful and get told to “do my own research” 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha

SaintLeo

VIP Member
She’s called Jamie Page. I’ve done a side by side, at the top was her original nose and below is her new nose a year or two after surgery.
View attachment 1493771
what gets me is her nostrils look uneven and different shapes and if this was her natural nose I wouldn’t pay attention too much but it’s like girl, you paid for this?!
Wow! I would totally have guessed that the bottom pics were the before! It’s all wonky!

• Haha
Reactions: 50

Tangerine Cat

VIP Member
Sean Bean is a lout who hates women. Reminds me of Jim Davidson.
Whilst I think I’ve found my kind of people in this forum, it’s when some of you declare your undying love for Sean Bean, John Bercow and Matt Hancock that I think nah you’re all fucking weird! :sick::sick::sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 50

LaBlonde

VIP Member
This is Lilly Becker’s new man. She certainly has a type! Initially I thought Boris had been let out for the day!
wait are you telling me that’s NOT boris? 😦

it’s like the episode of friends where rachel dates “russ” 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 49