Secret Celebrity Gossip #60

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can totally believe Tony Blair is charming. Here we go back with the political weird crushes but I would have totally done Tony. He was/is sexy. I mean there is no competition between Gove and Blair. Gove is repulsive. Blair is definitely charming and charismatic - and better looking.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I can totally believe Tony Blair is charming. Here we go back with the political weird crushes but I would have totally done Tony. He was/is sexy. I mean there is no competition between Gove and Blair. Gove is repulsive. Blair is definitely charming and charismatic - and better looking.
I think with some people, their looks disappear when you meet them if they are really charming. So if you haven't met them you don't know what people see in them, but if you do, you do if that makes sense! I haven't met Michael Gove though!

Reactions: 8
I can't stand Love Actually. It is rare to find someone who doesn't like it! I find it schmaltzy cliched and cringe-making. It is a hard no from me.
That final scene is just ridiculously over the top - and I can't really recall anything else from it after catching it on TV years ago and watching to see what the fuss was about.

Reactions: 1
I’m disappointed in myself for giving my children such ordinary names. Why didn’t I have more imagination?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I’m good thank you darling. I’ve had a busy weekend (ahem), so I’m just catching up with the thread. How are you?
Haha you’re hilarious Bunny. You should have your own Thread

Well leaks everywhere in house! Plumbers around here don’t do house calls!
I blame gentrification, they’ve become very picky. So much work for them around here.
I remain cheerful, as long as I’m not blown up by leak getting into boiler I consider that a win.

[
Love Actually.

Feel ambivalent about it. Certainly very irksome in places.

The one that threatens both my digestion system and mental health is Notting Hill.
Disingenuous patronising tit.
“Look civilians! big Hollywood stars lives are tit! So don’t worry about scrimping and saving and working dangerously long hours”
It appeals to us “lowly types” worst possible impulses, envy and self delusion, or rather what Curtis imagines they are. He must think everyone is thick to swallow this tripe.

I tried to watch it twice but had to give up after 10 minutes..? Can’t remember have tried to forget.

That final scene is just ridiculously over the top - and I can't really recall anything else from it after catching it on TV years ago and watching to see what the fuss was about.
NoTTING HiILL

I tried to watch it twice but had to turn it off for my mental health.
Found it disingenuous and nauseating.
It appeals to us “civilians” who aren’t “Stars”
Look stars have problems! Their lives are terrible!
I don’t need to be lied to to enjoy a film and I’m sure most other people don’t either.

I hate to say this…but I did a bit of work for Tony Blair and he was unbelievably charming. He made you feel like the only person in the room.☹
That’s probably because you were you naughty minx😉

I hate to say this…but I did a bit of work for Tony Blair and he was unbelievably charming. He made you feel like the only person in the room.☹
I think he groomed the nation with his charm, often a weapon in those with narcissism and or psychopathy.

The U.K was like those 79 year old widows ive seen ont telly, sending money to Jack the SAS veteran and single dad who needed money to get out of prison to get back to his motherless children.

I think he groomed the nation with his charm, often a weapon in those with narcissism and or psychopathy.

The U.K was like those 79 year old widows ive seen ont telly, sending money to Jack the SAS veteran and single dad who needed money to get out of prison to get back to his motherless children.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I have a bit of a soft spot for Love Actually but totally agree about Notting Hill - only good bit was that Welsh (?) actor whose name I can't remember.

Bill Nighy - absolutely adore him, saw him in a London restaurant once and just couldn't help taking sneaky peeks out of the corner of my eye. I've read he's really lovely - I do hope so.

Reactions: 7
Re Charmers.
I’ve mentioned it before, but I’ve seen documentaries re Rod Hull and Mick Hucknell who I’m sure we’d all agree were not physically attractive in the least.
However, in both case even when “nobodies” they were exceptionally popular with women.
I don’t think it works for women, though?
Unless a man on here could tell me different?

I have a bit of a soft spot for Love Actually but totally agree about Notting Hill - only good bit was that Welsh (?) actor whose name I can't remember.

Bill Nighy - absolutely adore him, saw him in a London restaurant once and just couldn't help taking sneaky peeks out of the corner of my eye. I've read he's really lovely - I do hope so.
I’ll take your word for it, I didn’t get that far.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Nicole Appleton (I think) has a nipper called Skipper?
Isn’t that a dogs name?

Re Love Actually
The last scene in which it invokes the phone messages of 9/11 victims makes no sense.
“When they thought they were going to die they left messages to people they loved” “Not those they hate”?

If you hated somebody they’d probably hate you, why give them a cheap laugh at your expense?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
it makes me feel sick that public life is that full of untrustworthy conmen and woman

and complete narcissists

were things always like this pre Savile

Reactions: 3
it makes me feel sick that public life is that full of untrustworthy conmen and woman

and complete narcissists

were things always like this pre Savile
I should imagine so, but we live in a more narcissist compliant society.
Social media has both facilitated it and encouraged it.
I’m old enough to be annoyed by people posting selfie’s continually, but now it’s the norm, I’m sure there were narcissist pre selfies who would have loved them.

Reactions: 6
Talking of Celeb kids. Tyson Fury has a daughter named VENEZUELA😳
[/QUOTE
I know two children called Angel. Angel 1 is quite unfortunate looking. Angel 2 is still a baby so hopefully she’ll grow up looking sweet rather than satanic! Why can’t the parents stick an extra A on the end and give their child a non-embarrassing name?
Also calling a little girl an over the top “feminine”name is tempting fate. “Pixie” “Fifi Trisixbelle” will excite bullying when the child is more generously proportioned, why risk it?
Jane rhymes with plain, so I’d avoid that too.
I actually prefer Tiger, it’s more versatile.

I wonder if MrFury meant to call his tot vuvuzela, the annoying noise instrument that spoils a good game of football?
More appropriate for the Furies than a name suggesting a love of international travel.
I’m no snob, and am in no shape or form posh, nor would want to be, but they are as rough as arseholes.

I have met and seen Bill Nighy around a lot. Couple of times in London and multiple time in Suffolk. He is indeed very pleasant. Unassuming, laid back, low-key, beautifully dressed, friendly. I won't bore you with my Bill Nighy anecdotes again, suffice to say everytime we have spoken I have ended up thinking that maybe Bill and I should run away together.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.