Secret Celebrity Gossip #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for starting the new one.

I have an irrational dislike of Katie Melua. It’s been fine for years as she’d apparently drifted back to obscurity where she belonged along with her 9 million bicycles. She was on daytime telly yesterday so she’s back to duck me up again.

Any tea?
my relative went out with her in the 9million bicycles era,although I’d say she was closer then to crazy (!).
he said she always turned up in the velvetblue blazer she had on on the albumcover and it put him right off!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

I have an irrational dislike of Katie Melua. It’s been fine for years as she’d apparently drifted back to obscurity where she belonged along with her 9 million bicycles. She was on daytime telly yesterday so she’s back to duck me up again.

Any tea?
I too have the dislike, though it's more rational. She has a reasonably pleasant voice but is always about 1/4 of a tone off-key. Drives me crazy.

There were rumours about her being gay for about 5 minutes too.

Reactions: 6

Any tea?
There’s some good tax fiddling tea on Katie Melua. I’ll come back and describe it later when I‘ve got more time.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Obligatory Old Hollywood post:

1. This one is for the Meghan Markle followers as a sort of example of how marrying someone doesn’t automatically get you ahead in Hollywood. The best example of marrying well to try and up your Hollywood career could be found in Randolph Hearst‘s (he Citizen Kane was based on) mistress and later second wife, wannabe actress Marion Davies. Despite Hearst’s influential media empire, (the precursor to the likes of Rupert Murdoch) his Hollywood connections and pet gossip columnist, Louella Parsons, could not make Davies a thing. Outside of vanity projects and projects that came about to payback a favour owed to her husband, she was not taken seriously. Honestly, I don’t think she was that bad but because her husband was so hated and feared, and the dubious origin of their relationship, criticising her was a great way to get under the oligarch’s skin.

2. Louella Parsons funnily enough, only really got her big break as a columnist as being the only critic who said nice things about Hearst’s second wife.

3. Clara Bow’s bohemian lifestyle and frequent parties led to rumours spread by rivals that she serviced an entire football team in an evening. It was utter bollocks but it was the thing that helped to bring about the demise of her career more than technological advances.

4. Fatty Arbuckle was the first ultra highly paid actor of his day, at a time when actors were indentured to studios who would pay them a pittance, or in the case of actresses, paid in furs and make up to save money. He was the victim of a failed extortion and blackmail attempt that resulted in a known women extortionist dying. Despite being acquitted, he lost all his money on legal fees and faded away. I think he was innocent and that the gang that targeted him wanted a constant piece of his weekly earnings.

5. Although the singer Mario Lanza died in Italy of unrelated illnesses, the main rumour doing the rounds following his death was that mob boss Lucky Luciano had him murdered because the tenor wouldn’t perform for free at his command. Various mob types thought that their boss wanted to send a message to other performers that he would kill them, even if they were his favourite, if he felt disrespected.

6. Clark Gable knew he had terrible halitosis and thought it was hilarious to drink a bunch of whisky and smoke cigars before a kissing scene to wind up the actress who had to stay in character. A common prank but still amusing for everyone except to poor actress.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Any tea?
Bog standard annoying knob at the Brit School.

The ex staff member after a few pints made some comments alluding to girls being selected for future things for their looks/the PR machine rather than any particularly outstanding talent. Also said Amy Winehouse was a sweet kid, hardly ever there but was generally unhappy and/or wasted on something stronger than weed when she was. And Adele copped a load of tit for being overweight, most of it behind her back, particularly when the 'we need a plus size singer' category came up, as there were other girls who were bigger, had better voices but weren't the required demographic, which brought in people who had never been unpleasant to her thinking that she had a certain privilege that their friends hadn't.

Reactions: 12
Bog standard annoying knob at the Brit School.

The ex staff member after a few pints made some comments alluding to girls being selected for future things for their looks/the PR machine rather than any particularly outstanding talent. Also said Amy Winehouse was a sweet kid, hardly ever there but was generally unhappy and/or wasted on something stronger than weed when she was. And Adele copped a load of tit for being overweight, most of it behind her back, particularly when the 'we need a plus size singer' category came up, as there were other girls who were bigger, had better voices but weren't the required demographic, which brought in people who had never been unpleasant to her thinking that she had a certain privilege that their friends hadn't.
Youd think performing arts schools like Brit School and Sylvia Young would have come up with a way of not making their graduates so identikit that you can spot them from a million miles away by now.

Reactions: 14
Obligatory Old Hollywood post:

1. This one is for the Meghan Markle followers as a sort of example of how marrying someone doesn’t automatically get you ahead in Hollywood. The best example of marrying well to try and up your Hollywood career could be found in Randolph Hearst‘s (he Citizen Kane was based on) mistress and later second wife, wannabe actress Marion Davies. Despite Hearst’s influential media empire, (the precursor to the likes of Rupert Murdoch) his Hollywood connections and pet gossip columnist, Louella Parsons, could not make Davies a thing. Outside of vanity projects and projects that came about to payback a favour owed to her husband, she was not taken seriously. Honestly, I don’t think she was that bad but because her husband was so hated and feared, and the dubious origin of their relationship, criticising her was a great way to get under the oligarch’s skin.

2. Louella Parsons funnily enough, only really got her big break as a columnist as being the only critic who said nice things about Hearst’s second wife.

3. Clara Bow’s bohemian lifestyle and frequent parties led to rumours spread by rivals that she serviced an entire football team in an evening. It was utter bollocks but it was the thing that helped to bring about the demise of her career more than technological advances.

4. Fatty Arbuckle was the first ultra highly paid actor of his day, at a time when actors were indentured to studios who would pay them a pittance, or in the case of actresses, paid in furs and make up to save money. He was the victim of a failed extortion and blackmail attempt that resulted in a known women extortionist dying. Despite being acquitted, he lost all his money on legal fees and faded away. I think he was innocent and that the gang that targeted him wanted a constant piece of his weekly earnings.

5. Although the singer Mario Lanza died in Italy of unrelated illnesses, the main rumour doing the rounds following his death was that mob boss Lucky Luciano had him murdered because the tenor wouldn’t perform for free at his command. Various mob types thought that their boss wanted to send a message to other performers that he would kill them, even if they were his favourite, if he felt disrespected.

6. Clark Gable knew he had terrible halitosis and thought it was hilarious to drink a bunch of whisky and smoke cigars before a kissing scene to wind up the actress who had to stay in character. A common prank but still amusing for everyone except to poor actress.
A film called Malice in Wonderland was made in the 1980s with Elizabeth Taylor playing Louella Parsons. It’s pretty good and you can probably get it on YouTube.

Youd think performing arts schools like Brit School and Sylvia Young would have come up with a way of not making their graduates so identikit that you can spot them from a million miles away by now.
Was it this school that spawned that bleeping horrendous foghorn “Jessie Bastard J“ as I like to call her?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Wow, Jessie Bastard J sure dropped off the face of the earth. Haven't heard anything about her in years.

Sadly probably untrue. Though I'd love to know where you heard it!

My acupuncturist's ex girlfriend went out with JA for quite a while though :D
Oh it's just one of those stories you hear from a friend of a friend. Interestingly, although Valerie Singleton asked Joan Armatrading to deny the affair most recently in 2018, she never did.

Reactions: 1
Ghislaine Maxwell arrested! I'll be interested to see what happens to her

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
This website is so weird lately and the signout button keeps disappearing and moving around the website. I wish that would stop happening.

Unless she also takes her own life 😲 just seen there is a thread for her. Will be very interesting to follow it
"Takes her own life" - I honestly think Epstein was offed to avoid embarrassment for the rich and powerful. If there's a risk she'll spill.....

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.