Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Handerton

Chatty Member
This “loaning money” thing is really strange. These people must have accountants, and they will be telling them you can’t just “loan” people money like that. Anything given to a person over £3k a year is taxible income, and for the person giving the money, it can be seen as money laundering. To loan anyone, even family, that sort of cash, you have to put a legally binding arrangement in place for repayment - and HMRC want to see you take it to court if repayments aren’t made.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Cocobean

VIP Member
Never done this before.
Thank Gary Barlow I don't have to work out 'most liked' title either!
As you were, kiddiwinks!
Just no Covid chat here if you dong mind!
Good, harmless, gossip secret or not for us to distract ourselves with 🙌🏻
mon your marks, get set....
Have you asked admin to close the old thread its still open

Someone needs to close thread #17. It's still going strong over there!
Snap!

50,000 oh come on, I know he looks totally knackered but even he couldn't have managed that, I did hear hear that his kids had to wear name badges as he could not remember which was which after Jade.
Yeah, I should have said that I was joking about that!! Even Mick probably has lost count!! 😂😂

Won’t you have a cup

Does anyone have any tea on the Sugababes, particularly the original three? I follow Mutya on Insta and she’s always fascinated me in a weird and sort of grimy way.
She always looked hard as nails! I am quite interested in her too.

I meant no shade, I love the model gossip and wouldn't want people on that specific thread to miss out :)
None taken! Always useful to know about stuff that might cause upset.

SilentSue

Another thing to be wary of is "What song was number 1 on the day you were born?"
I still don’t get it! Surely a scammer would have to know my account number, security pin, and full name before my mother’s maiden name or first pet’s name would be of any use.

lalalanded

VIP Member
I’ve seen Brian ferry live with both Roxy Music & solo. He has been my longtime crush for 30 years😂 He is incredibly attractive and very charismatic (in my opinion!)

Bryan! Autocorrect!
I saw Roxy Music open for Barbra Streisand in Hyde Park last year................ or was it the year before?!?

Basic

VIP Member
The extreme skinny runway models were all underweight, most weren't simply developing, as young as they were. Many have said how their agencies would weigh them and insist that they lose weight. This all goes back to the day of the supermodel in the late 80's. Cindy Crawford was the exception to the rule. Then in the 90's came heroin chic. Those girls and boys were emaciated and unhealthy. Body Mass Index is flawed. It does not take into account a very many things such as differentiating between muscle and fat and ethnicity.

I always find it super creepy when men's partners are all indentikit. Says a LOT about them. Kinda off topic but I think Michael Fassbender has been mentioned before? I was surprised when he married Alicia because he definitely seemed to have a preference for black girls prior to that.
Years ago there was a documentary with Euan and his best buddy riding bikes across whereeveritwas for charit
It’s pure nepotism. None of these new girls would have had a chance even ten years ago. I used to be a huge fan of the fashion world back in 2007, and it had such an air of exclusivity back then. The models had mystique and weren’t on social media. Not all the models were conventionally pretty, as unique looks were favoured back then, but they all had a special something. Cosmetic surgery was looked down upon, as were non-model celebrities. Celebrities whose fame was due something other than modelling would absolutely never have been considered for anything other than print campaigns or perfume ads, and even that pissed everyone off.

Now it’s all about hiring who has the biggest social media following, and looks come second. Ability, and that “special something” that previous models used to have, are not even a concern. The new crop of girls can’t even walk gracefully.

Kendall Jenner would have been considered too bland, and her brow lift would have prevented her success. She also has a terrible walk and looks self-conscious.

Bella Hadid would never have been accepted with her obvious nose job.

Gigi Hadid is pretty but doesn’t look like a model, she doesn’t have the right bone structure. There’s a difference between being model-pretty and actress-pretty, and most of this new crop is the latter. Kaia Gerber is another one who is very pretty but not in a model way.

Not forgetting Cara Delevigne! Her older sister was a legitimate model, and they are very upper class which is why Cara got her foot in the door, despite being several inches too short, and lacking the model look facially. Karl
Lagerfeld thought she was short and ugly but hired her anyway because she was famous and popular.

There was also a difference between commercial (ie catalogue, not in the public eye) modelling and high-fashion modelling. Commercial models can often get away with looking actress-pretty provided they are tall and slim. The lines have been blurred now.

Also commercial models tended to have more conventionally attractive bodies, slim but with some curves, whereas high fashion models were thinner and flatter. Nowadays the catalogue-model body is welcomed on the runway, which I think is a big improvement. I was never a fan of that extreme body type that is only naturally found in very tall, slender teenage girls who haven’t finished filling out. Consequently, in the noughties a lot of models were teenagers, in rare cases, some as young as 13. It was common for 15-17 year olds to walk the runway. (As an aside I thought it was cruel that this body type was insulted and called ugly and underweight. They were still developing. It was factually wrong to accuse them of being underweight, the lower BMI limit for teenage girls is set at only 16.7 for a reason.)

Another benefit of changing the favoured body type to that of a catalogue model, is that “older” (lol) new girls in their twenties are now welcomed, instead of expecting new faces to be in their teens.

Glaschelle

VIP Member
I don’t want to get gross, but I suppose if someone had the equivalent of Monica Lewinsky’s dress that would be conclusive. Or if there was some cctv unearthed of him with one of them?
I don’t believe the children were vindictive because they were just kids, but the parents. And after the first one came out and said it happened and got paid off, some of the others realised there is money to be made.
See - I've always felt that what MJ really, really needed was a pal! A pal to say, I know your intentions are honest (😳😳😳) But this looks really bad and you're leaving yourself wide open to blackmail and litigation!!! But of course he didn't have a pal, he had a payroll!!!

And although there's no Monica's dress, I'm inclined to believe MJ wasn't a nice person.

I think somebody else mentioned this earlier, but I remember MJ and Jordy at a music awards - jordy sitting in his lap, laughing and joking - my cousin's son was about the age and i tried to think of who could get him to act like that. No family or friends. Maybe Kylie but certainly not a similar aged man. But of course nobody at that event batted an eyelid!!!

PeteM

VIP Member
I wonder is there more than this. I wonder was he abused himself ?
It’s hugely complicated but would his father have pimped some or all of them for success ?
His plastic surgery seemed to come from self hatred and trying to erase his face ?
There are rumours of Joe Jackson doing just that with Michael.

• Sad

Dickydoo123

Chatty Member
Didn’t Grant Bovey get dumped by a younger girlfriend (after Anthea) because he couldn’t keep up with her in Ibiza? 😂 Bet his daughters were cringing!
Chocolate always in the fridge for me and I’m sure there was a petition once to bring back Secret bars 🍫
I’ve always read that Claire Sweeney was a horror, anyone confirm?

• Heart