Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lilliepad

VIP Member
I had read her mum died in the early hours of the morning and the launch show was later that day, which she attended. Fair enough. And if she didn’t want to speak to the press as part of that day and didn’t want to say her mum had died then Strictly should have dealt with that for her.

I think she came across badly on Strictly. I got the feeling she thought she was going to win before she even started and she couldn’t hide her disgust when the judges criticised her or when she was in the dance-off. I remember after one dance she said to him “well done babe” to Gorka which I thought was odd, given he’s a pro dancer.

And apparently when the line-up for last year’s Strictly was announced and Gorka didn’t get a partner, she put “Karma is a bitch” on Insta. From that I guessed she blamed him for her losing out to Joe McFadden. Maybe it’s easier to think that than acknowledge people weren’t voting for her.

And don’t even get me started on her saying on live TV that she brought the phrase “elephant in the room” to Britain 😂

I’m not a fan and I doubt I’m alone. I don’t read newspapers in print or online so I’m certainly not influenced by any publications and I doubt I’m alone with that either.
Like I said, I never warmed to her myself and she definitely thought she had it in the bag with Strictly, but I think some of the criticisms against her are a bit unwarranted when you put into context the battles she had behind the scenes.

I dunno. Maybe it’s because I’ve been told myself that I’m being ‘sassy’ while another colleague is being ‘passionate’ about the exact same thing and yet the only difference about the approach has been the way we look. You see it time and time again.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

NikkiDeeW

Chatty Member
[QUOTE="Gym&Tonic, post: 1645467, member: 58133"

Our government dont give a shit about us, remember that.
[/QUOTE]
Not going all political as this isnt the thread for it but I dont necessarily totally agree with your statement. I just think any one is power has a terrible responsibility, damned if you do, damned if you dont. I know I wouldnt want to be Prime Minister especially at this time. 🤷‍♀️

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
I used to love that song!! And there was another one that I liked called (I think) “Turning Japanesa”
Think it was a punk band, can anyone help??
The Vapors

I just don’t understand the love for Prince, what with his sinister Akhenaten face and his weird perversions. His music is shite too.
Oh sweet Jesus, we have an unbeliever! Hush yo mouth! Please don’t EVER take the name of his Royal Purpleness in vain. Some people are untouchable. Thank you!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
He should have yes. But he trusted her and she betrayed that trust. It would be the same as a man saying he would use protection then taking it off without the woman realising. Both massively wrong.
All you said is right. If I was a bloke and vehemently against having kids I’d either not have penetrative sex or use a condom, whatever the woman said about birth control.

I wouldn’t be as vile and misogynist as to start banging on about being tricked after the fact.

Calimero

I’m late to the party on this.
But here goes, when me and my Fiancé has been together a couple of months we went to a house party/bbq and the speakmans were also guests Mrs gets chatting to the fella about what he does n was like oh really and told Him stuff about me (just things with my childhood etc cos it had been quite turbulent)
And he proceeded to tell her that we wouldn’t last because I’d been brought up in an unloving envioronement so wouldn’t understand how live works and how relationships work and for her to run a mile.
Needless to say he’s a fucking fraud and were getting married next year after 5 very happy years together.
What the hell. I’m a Counsellor and to behave like this socially is so unethical.
Even in practice with a client you wouldn’t say something like this.
A therapeutic saying is “Do no harm”

You have to wonder whose need it was to say something like this.

• Heart
It
Does this Danny Masterson thing strike anyone else as being a “well they all know hundreds of big hollywood stars should be locked up... let’s give them one very minorly famous person to pretend we really are trying to sort the problem out”
I mean, there’s witness statements and complaints galore about people like Bryan Singer but he’s made hundreds of millions for the studios... this guy - a sitcom many years ago, a few tiny films...

Not to say he shouldn’t be locked up, but how does someone sleazy like Morgan Freeman always get a pass
certainly seems like that over here too, no politician with a strong case to answer has been prosecuted

Re Paltrow ‘s pussy candle
Who on earth would buy it?
You’d feel a perv even having a sniff in her shop.
Imagine having one installed st home. Your mum or someone else who doesn’t know about said candle and it’s provenance, says
“What’s that funny smell”?
You say “Gwyneth Paltrow’s fanny”

Last edited:
  • Haha

PeteM

VIP Member
Sara Pascoe's really nice. So is Katherine Ryan.

It's usually the male comedians who are cunts.

• Heart

PeteM

VIP Member
I don't like her :(
She was inadvertently outed a few years ago in a Prince forum by someone who met her around the time of the filming of the Graffiti Bridge movie. Basically she was part of a band that a rapper/model called Robin Power had, who had a minor role in the film (i.e. she was one of a long list of women who he shagged). She mentioned about Sheila E. turning up with her girlfriend, not realising that Sheila wasn't "out". Oops.

Sheila is a great musician and frontperson. But she's a bit messed up, sadly.

I'm afraid a lot of this has to do with the way that Prince played women off each other. The guy was a genius, but to say that he was a player would be an understatement.

There were a lot of rumours in early 2016 before he passed about him having AIDS. I've heard from other people that he had cancer. Who knows when we'll find out the truth about what happened there. There was certainly something up with him health wise particularly in the last year of his life. One of the Revolution (BrownMark) felt there was an early onset of Alzheimer's going on, based on conversations they had near the end. He seemed to re-engage with people from that Purple Rain heyday quite a lot in the last few months.

I'm a huge Prince superfan and I really thought he'd be still on stage in his 80s. Such a monumental shock when he passed.

• Heart
  • Sad

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I recently was recovering from a sprained ankle - was walking down the high street and my leg gave out slightly and my arm knocked into the person passing me on the pavement. I said ‘oh god I’m really sorry, I’m just recovering from a sprain so a bit wobbly’ and the person told me to ‘watch where I was fucking going next time’.
That person was Michael Eavis.
I told my co worker and they said they have had some bad interactions with him and heard some bad interactions too, it doesn’t surprise her how rude he is. He has a really inflated ego. Her brother is a plumber and went to fix something at Eavis’ house and said even though he goes on about using water sparingly and working with water aid, he never fully turned the taps off so they always dripped and as her brother was packing up to go, Eavis turned on a tap in the next room and walked outside to sit down and just left the tap running. Her brother was so perplexed so just turned it off and left.

• Wow

Reverend

VIP Member
Brian Blessed - Insane but great fun. Exactly what you’d want, a whirlwind! Went to his house. He has a Brian Blessed man cave for interviews and P.R. in his garage. You have to maneuver thorough his overgrown garden and loads of mess. He's very playful. Forced me to have a autographed book of his. Talked about going to Mars and how he visits NASA once a year to shout at them to hurry up before he dies!
I met Brian Blessed at a concert (I was a musician involved in the production). He really is as mad as a bucket of frogs (but in a nice way......)

• Heart

Norbs

VIP Member
Who would value her opinion on the paso doble etc🙈It would be like having "you woz great" Alisha Dixon all over again.
Strictly have a plethora of former pros that would be perfect -love them or hate them but James Jordan and Brendan Cole would be honest and fair, Darren and Lillia who work on the Irish version, Darren fills in for absent judges sometimes. Karen Hardy would be good etc etc, Arlene Phillips is still around....
The viewing figures would drop if the Cheryl thing happens😫
Or even, dare I say it, Anton du Beke. I agree that he wasn’t right for head judge when Len left, but he’d be a great replacement for Bruno.

• Heart
  • Angry
He is the oddest looking man I have ever seen. And that weird Brexity Tom guy who appeared out of nowhere and was suddenly permanently on Question Time and the like was oddly someone that frequently stayed at his flat. I wonder how he got those jobs!
Lookism is a real thing, if that's the right word. However, it only applies to women. Look at all,the female presenters even on serious programmes like,"Question Time" or the morning news programmes. Sussanah Reid, Fiona Vrue Ranvir Singh all,extremely attractive. A lot,of their male counterparts look like condemned veal,stuffed into a suit.

Love the Sam Kane story top gos.
Reminded med of one that was infamous at m place of,work years ago.
Concerns Nick Berry. I googled him.,who was in "Eastenders" and "Heartbeat". I've never watched either.
Anyway Nick said to the head waiter "my glass is empty"
H.waiter. "The bars just there"
Nick "I want you to fill it......(getting upset). "IM a STAR!
H.W "Then fucking twinkle then"
I actually saw this.
Funny thing was about 18 months later we were doing another event, and as I was going around with the champagne Adam Faith was telling his mates the story. He must have seen it too.

All the gossip about old time film stars love it.
Reminded me of David Niven having a post dinner cocktail in Prince Ranier's palace gardens with him.
They're talking about scandalous stories and are very merry by now.
"Tell me David, you've slept,with so many beautiful film stars who was the best.?"
Without thinking he's said "Grace"
"GRACE!" says Rainer, he's married to Grace Kelly, who had been busy before marrying him.
"Gracie Fields" says David Niven

• Haha
  • Heart

NikkiDeeW

Chatty Member
I have not, but I will take a look. Thanks!

Yes, I remember that he flew into an airport on his private jet, refused to get off it and made medics get on board to perform the DNA test he insisted on. Quite insulting to his by then ex-girlfriend Liz Hurley, although you have to ask whether her pregnancy was an accident.
Same thing happened with his other lady friend too. I wonder if he told them both that he didnt want children. I also feel uneasy about the relationship between Liz and Damian. I have 3 sons and I would never dream of having them photograph me naked etc (even if I had the figure she has... which I dont!). Im not saying anything perverted but maybe boundaries have been blurred??

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
She married someone from my hometown and was always in my friend's clothes shop. Lisa thought she was the bees knees and went out of her way to make sure people noticed her, then threw a hissy fit when they did.
They live in Dubai now I think.

One memorable scene from Totally Scott Lee was when Lisa went around to her elderly grandmothers house to show her the video she’d made and all the grandmother did was go on and on about how she’d seen Michelle and Liberty X on GMTV!😂

• Haha
  • Sad

amysiobhan84

Met Jimmy saville in the mid 80s at Broadmoor. My friend's dad was a nurse there and all the children were invited to a party there. He was handing out vouchers. Got strange vibes off him then,even without knowing anything about the rumours.

Used to see Rolf Harris all the time in town. Always very friendly.

just remembered this, when I was 10 and on holiday in Scotland, we went to a village fair thing and saville was there cutting the ribbon. we were stood at the front of the roped off bit and he was walking along greeting everyone. he stopped in front of me and said "hey, goldilocks!" pointing right at me ( I had strawberry blonde hair as a kid) and gave me few seconds of weird prolonged eye contact. deffo gave me creepy cringe vibes!!

• Sick
  • Wow

Handerton

Chatty Member
Christ, no! Please not Cheryl! Who wants to hear her uninformed opinions? I stopped watching the show when Alisha bloody Dixon replaced Arlene Philips (why? Why??? Fabulous choreographer with illustrious career replaced by an idiot who can’t even form a proper sentence and is reduced to saying things like “this dance really suits you” to save face).
Likely not to be. My understanding was that the UK PR for Cheryl, Nicole Sherzinger and Tallia Storm is Tallia’s mum, a wannabe star herself who knocked a decade off her age on companies house (making her 8 when she had her first child) and who has never released a true story in her life. Knows how to get press releases in the DM though. Must be paying for the stories to be on the site as they rarely get much over 100 comments

Tallias mum was the one who made a two year story about her daughter having her heart broken by Brooklyn Beckham based off a single photo taken of them at a party somewhere. He eventually made a statement along the lines of “ive obviously met her based on the photo but I don’t remember meeting her at all” and mum and daughter couldn’t provide another photo, text message, or anything to show that they had ever met except for the one time 😂

• Haha
  • Wow

Handerton

Chatty Member
Does this Danny Masterson thing strike anyone else as being a “well they all know hundreds of big hollywood stars should be locked up... let’s give them one very minorly famous person to pretend we really are trying to sort the problem out”
I mean, there’s witness statements and complaints galore about people like Bryan Singer but he’s made hundreds of millions for the studios... this guy - a sitcom many years ago, a few tiny films...

Not to say he shouldn’t be locked up, but how does someone sleazy like Morgan Freeman always get a pass

• Heart