Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PeteM

VIP Member
That was a limited time deal though and only came in for the third album.
No it didn't. I'd suggest taking a look at the credits for all of their albums, with particular reference to the first one, or even better, the PRS website breaks down the writers' shares. And I think a lot of people heard songs such as Wannabe, Say You'll Be There and Spice Up Your Life. They're down as co-writers on ALL of their tracks.

Funnily enough Adele, EdSheeran and Beyoncé all found success by writing with some of the best and most successful writers in the industry. Pop music has always been a case of new ideas combined with old experience of what sells, and it’s a formulaic and well established industry - although massively struggling as sales have vanished and everyone expects a tour to be visually impressive now so margins have been cut to the bone on all potential income streams.
Eh? Ed Sheeran found mainstream success initially by collaborating with Jake Gosling who didn't have much of a profile back then at all.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
I really like Motsi, she's highly qualified,. You need warm bubbly judges, especially now Len has left.
Sad about Bruno leaving.
I think Anton can be a real piece of shit from what I've heard.
He is a,using. Can you imagine an ageing woman dancer being kept in for being funny?
Surely they can't be serious about Cheryl Cole, if that she what she's called this week??

Yeah just caught it. You've gotta be in a bad place to do that... just shows money can't buy you happiness ☹
[/QUOTE

Apparently he was involved with Epstein.
Not saying he was eliminated, but stranger things have happened.
Or maybe he knew it was going to come out?

Jaybtee

VIP Member
I remember reading about a third person and I think it was just a friend who was on holiday with them. I don't recall his husband changing his statement though, a quick google yielded no results.

I keep reading differing reports about Steve Bing's financial status as well! One minute he inherited $600m but at time of death it was down(!) to $540m then I also read he had doubled his $600m to over a billion. He was called a billionaire when he was going out with Liz but who knows.

I've started on that reddit sub that discusses his involvement with Epstein. Might be go
ne some time!
Can you link here? That can be this evenings entertainment 😂

PenelopePitstop

VIP Member
She was inadvertently outed a few years ago in a Prince forum by someone who met her around the time of the filming of the Graffiti Bridge movie. Basically she was part of a band that a rapper/model called Robin Power had, who had a minor role in the film (i.e. she was one of a long list of women who he shagged). She mentioned about Sheila E. turning up with her girlfriend, not realising that Sheila wasn't "out". Oops.

Sheila is a great musician and frontperson. But she's a bit messed up, sadly.

I'm afraid a lot of this has to do with the way that Prince played women off each other. The guy was a genius, but to say that he was a player would be an understatement.

There were a lot of rumours in early 2016 before he passed about him having AIDS. I've heard from other people that he had cancer. Who knows when we'll find out the truth about what happened there. There was certainly something up with him health wise particularly in the last year of his life. One of the Revolution (BrownMark) felt there was an early onset of Alzheimer's going on, based on conversations they had near the end. He seemed to re-engage with people from that Purple Rain heyday quite a lot in the last few months.

I'm a huge Prince superfan and I really thought he'd be still on stage in his 80s. Such a monumental shock when he passed.
https://blindgossip.com/another-celebrity-has-aids/ Article here

They also Ran a similar one for Aretha Franklin

Team JCM

VIP Member
Speaking of Prince, has anyone got any ☕? I love him but do feel a bit uneasy about how he took Mayte under his wing as a 16 year old, took over her guardianship and then told her to start birth control so he could start having sex with her. And during their relationship he would dock her pay if he caught her eating unhealthy foods etc.

mayte’s book is really fascinating.
Oooh whats it called im a huge Prince Fan

• Haha
Yes - just wanted to reassure worried people that this isn’t a wholly new killer strain that we haven’t encountered yet. It’s already in the mix. And the article was published online pre peer review so there’s been coverage since May.
Without wanting to continue this, I have to point out that the Scripps Press Room posted the pre review on 11th July, and not in May as you stated. Maybe you are thinking about another paper?, as I was only posting about the scientific paper that was published by The Scripps Research Center. But, I think we should leave it as that. ❤

Aye Shakeys less talented daughter
The one who released a single for sports relief which was about a wannabe pop star giving blow jobs in order to become famous and then was shocked when she found out what the lyrics meant
(No shock that pervert hiding in plain sight Richard Curtis authorised the song for his “charity”)
Do tell!

I thought Geri was going to get a slap there when she hugged her. That could have been TV gold through the ages.
She's got form for violence.

Last edited:

ChickenLicking

VIP Member
Reportedly the last overhaul two years ago they switched to this model:

Staff in the office make celeb stories solely from instagram and Twitter, reusing previous text to bulk the article out when possible (hence every Rhian Sugden article repeating her texts with Vernon every time)

Famous people can have articles moderated for £3-6000 a time, removing any negative comments (a system which doesn’t always work - anyone seen the occasional Rio article which early doors has a load of abuse on it?)

Minorly famous people can write and submit their own puff pieces, printed for £1-3000 and moderated for £3-6000 as before. Mark Wright seems to love these, editorials telling everyone he’s a multi millionaire and a big tv star in America

And then I think there’s a tier of inbetweens like Emma Forbes who hasn’t been famous for decades but likes a story saying how wonderful her life is now and again - friends of the publisher types who probably get stories in for free
Spot on.

Reverend

VIP Member
I don’t know really. Just something different and a bit of a laugh. I’m glad I wimped out because fast forward to 2020 I’m now a feminist with two teen feminist daughters. I would have had some explanations to do. Also I have quite a serious career now which I’d just started on the path of back then. I wouldn’t want my (mostly male) colleagues accessing photos of my tits online.

ETA - most importantly I’m now very glad I have no connections whatsoever to the scumfest that is The Sun.

The clothed stuff I did end up doing was a giggle and my picture took up more than half a page of a very popular local paper (I still have a copy).

My work pals made a fuss and the picture was stuck up in the smoking room ... oh the glamour :ROFLMAO:
Thanks. :)

TillyMiffin

Chatty Member
I used to work in an independent bookshop in Edinburgh, and we would regularly host evenings when authors came along to talk about and promote their latest books. During the festival we got some quite big names and one or two seemed a bit horrified that it was literally 30 stacking chairs in a crumbly old room, with no refreshments. Oz Clarke, the wine guy, turned up totally hammered and rambled on about football all night to the bafflement of the audience. Kate Atkinson upset my lovely boss ...but I never found out why. Magnus Magnusson was warm and charming and genuinely delighted to be there, especially when he saw our window display which consisted of a black leather chair piled high with his book. Ian Rankin is a total joy....not a whiff of "celeb" about him. I was also in a terrible indie band in the late 80s, and we went on tour supporting Primal Scream....in their very early days. I hate to say it, but Bobbie Gillespie was a bit of a nob.... wouldn't share their rider and constantly on the look out for the ladies. My "gossip" seems very benign.....!!
Ah Primal Scream! What was Martin Duffy like?