Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sea

VIP Member
I'm a proud prude, I don't want to see boobs, arses or willies- happy for sultry stares, snogging and alluding to bonking than seeing the humping

• Heart
Reactions: 54

Peachsquish

VIP Member
Please, you're not going to make any comparison between the two examples work. Farage has views that millions of people find objectionable. I personally wouldn't throw a milkshake at him, but I can see why some people might.

Who particularly stoked up xenophobia with that Breaking Point poster? Farage. That environment led to Jo Cox being murdered.

I still don't understand why you are trying to pretty much defend Farage so much. You don't really have a right to free speech when all you do is come out with goading hate speech.
I am not defending Farage, I am defending his right to speak publicly without being attacked.

To many Farage's views are objectionable, therefore it's alright to assualt him.
To Farage's supporters other politicians views are objectionable, therefore it's alright to assualt them.
Neither viewpoint is acceptable.

• Heart
Reactions: 54

Carapop

VIP Member
Speaking of the Tony awards (and jealous of you being able to watch them) Sarah Paulson and Holland Taylor at the Tony Awards looks like Take Your Grandmother to Work day.. can someone please explain this relationship in a way that makes sense?

View attachment 2999744
---
Love, admiration, respect, chemistry…have you ever heard one speak of the other? The absolute adoration is remarkable. I love them together.

Jeff Goldblum is 30 years older than his wife Emilie Livingston. Patrick Stewart is 39 years older than his wife, Sunny Ozell. Mick Jagger's partner, Melanie Hamrick, is 44 years younger than him. Do these make more sense…

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53

Panda girl 04

Chatty Member
Just seen they have released the Kings birthday Honours and really happy to see Susie Dent from Countdown has been awarded a MBE. Always comes across such a nice lady and no drama for the 30 years Susie has been on Countdown.

• Heart

MissHavisham

VIP Member
I’m overweight for my height but if I was a size 10 at 5 ft 7 based on my body set up I would look like a skeleton. Her claiming she is a size ten isn’t a big gotcha. I’m fat and have been actively losing weight but I am sick of people pretending her being big on screen that it is a good thing. It isn’t healthy and it shouldn’t be celebrated. People shouldn’t be bullied either but acting like it is healthy isn’t good.
Chonky people exist, chonky people have sex. It's okay for this to be portrayed on screen once in a blue moon.

• Heart

April Ludgate

The man nibbling on that kid's ear at the snooker has been identified and the police are taking no further action.
Apparently the guy seems to think that's a perfectly normal way to show a family member affection....

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 52

Dotty Merton

VIP Member
Kev Spacey has admitted to being 'handsy' and touching someone inappropriately. He's now on the verge of bankruptcy. Good.

• Wow
  • Angry

oogling

VIP Member
Please, you're not going to make any comparison between the two examples work. Farage has views that millions of people find objectionable. I personally wouldn't throw a milkshake at him, but I can see why some people might.

Who particularly stoked up xenophobia with that Breaking Point poster? Farage. That environment led to Jo Cox being murdered.

I still don't understand why you are trying to pretty much defend Farage so much. You don't really have a right to free speech when all you do is come out with goading hate speech.
I don’t think it’s a defence of Farage. But trying to create an understanding that what you find objectionable, may not be the same as someone else. For instance, pro life peeps, feel incredibly strongly against someone wanting an abortion. Are they then entitled to throw shit at someone who has had an abortion, because it goes deeply against what they think is right?
When one party advocates or allows violence against another HOW do you police it? Where do you draw the line? You can’t! Because each ‘side’ believes they are right!

SadieHQ

I met Tamzin Outhwaite at the bar at the opening night of a club at the Sanderson Hotel (Bungalow? details hazy - this was a long time ago) and started chatting with what I thought was someone I vaguely knew. She was very good looking and an all round lovely, friendly woman. She was ordering a Long Island Ice Tea and was already quite squiffy (as was I) I only realised as I went back to my friends that it was Mel from EastEnders...she seemed like a real laugh, a nice genuine person.

Reactions: 51

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
Interesting how male celebs can go off the rails but there are never calls for them to be put under a conservatorship

• Heart
Following the Sally Phillips conversation - I do have big reservations about celebrities championing disabilities in this way. Their experience is very different from the average joe.
Half of all children born with DS have a heart defect. They are also more likely to have other health problems such as cancer.

I think a lot of people think DS is simply having different facial features and mild cognitive delay.

Also, no one should be pressured to have a child they cannot look after appropriately regardless of their health status.
Truth. I have a family member with DS, he had heart surgery as a baby and still has issues. He is also fed only a liquid diet only through a peg due to digestive issues. He has the cognitive abilities of around a 4 year old and it is a full time job to look after him and multiple family members help out. I had a friend many years ago whose son had DS and sadly passed away as a child due to his heart problems

It is not simply a case of looking a little different and learning delays; there are different ways it can affect people and not every person would want to take that on not just for their own sake but for the quality of life that child may or may not have.

• Heart

fognoodles

I was talking to someone recently who used to work with Keir Starmer via the CPS , apparently he's incredibly sly and completely untrustworthy. Sounds like 99 per cent of politicians.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 50