Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Don'tlookEthel

I'm calling bullshit on the Rebecca Loos only going public because he refused to tip a waitress. She went public for fame and money.
Are you suggesting the woman who went on to wank off a pig on channel 5 is not just incredibly principled and by no means driven by money?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 70

FluffyCaz

Re Tamsin Outhwaite and the Heil story: she's debunked the nonsense on Twitter.

(This is my first post here, pls #BeKind 🤣)

• Heart
Reactions: 70

Coniferhedge

Chatty Member
Don’t get me wrong, they’re both a pair of arseholes. But am I the only one enraged by the DM headline too? ‘Kanye West shows off wife Bianca Censori’s new pink hair’ - like she’s some sort of doll and his property and hasn’t got her own autonomy? Why can’t she ‘flaunt her [own] tresses’ or some other such bollocks like they usually come up with? Misogynistic twats! 😡

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 69

Danmax

Tom Ellis doesn’t seem to pay any child support, Tamzin doesn’t seem to get much work which is weird, as she’s a decent actress. She also has a young boyfriend who’s skint, but great with the kids so I guess she doesn’t want to ruin that.
They’ve even killed off her character in Eastenders so there’s no chance of her being able to go back to that steady pay check.
#someonecastTamzin
Being killed off in eastenders doesn't usually stop you from going back.

• Haha
Reactions: 69

Amoo

VIP Member
She looks like that actress, think she's Geordie, who's always appearing on TV dramas looking a bit haunted and doing a lot of staring off into the distance pensively.
My favourite description of Gina McKee was along the lines of looking like she's just realised she left her coat behind in the coffee shop.

• Haha
Reactions: 68

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I just think you either are or aren't against violence and assault as a way to express yourself or resolve disputes. If you say 'yes I'm against violence unless it's against xyz in which case I would make an exception' then you are pro violence 🤷‍♀️ It's easy to be a pacifist with people you agree with.

• Heart

MissHavisham

VIP Member
Goodness gracious I'd happily shag Roy Keane. He'd be laser focused on getting a result*

*me thrashing and groaning like a walrus

• Haha
  • Heart

helcob1977

I dont understand why having fat people on telly is "celebrating" or "promoting" it. A very high proportion of people are overweight so it seems ridiculous that TV should only show slim people.

I'm not saying being fat is healthy but being unhealthy and / or overweight isn't the worst crime in the world. Why should huge swathes of the population go unrepresented and why shouldn't they feel relieved when they see someone on telly who isn't conforming to an ideal?

The vast majority of people don't want to be overweight I'm sure but it's not as easy as just going on a diet or being less greedy. Some people are on medication that makes weight loss hard, some people use food as an emotional crutch / coping mechanism, we are bombarded with marketing to eat unhealthily, there are cultural traditions such as Christmas / easter where stuffing your face is the norm. I don't think that's healthy necessarily but it's nuts to only want to see people on screen attaining some ridiculously high, unrealistic standard.

I remember reading an interview with Benedict cumberbatch and he was saying he had to diet for Sherlock and it makes me laugh that no one wants to see a real person on telly as they are.

I'm actually size 8 and I've had an eating disorder my entire adult life and I feel crap that no one has my particular body type on TV too!

On another note. My father in law nearly had an apoplexy telling me about Lizzo performing at Glasto. Like he couldn't believe they're letting fat people on TV! Yet he'd never be rude to my overweight mother about her weight. Why do we think "real" people fat or thin should be airbrushed out of the media?!

• Heart
Reactions: 67

Chatty Member
He took over as lead singer in 2018. He’s not their original singer, that was Tony Hadley. Tony and the Spandau boys had a famous falling out a few years ago
Tony Hadley came into my restaurant once, it was years ago, he’d recently been on “I’m a celebrity” so was fairly fresh in my memory, he walked through the door and I thought to myself “Jesus Christ, that bloke looks like Tony Hadley” he walked straight up to me with a huge smile and really strong London accent “alwight Luv, I’ve got a table booked under Hadley”

Me: ok then………

Anyway, he was absolutely lovely, lots of the older lady punters recognised him and he signed autographs and posed for photos happily. Just a genuinely bloody nice bloke

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Not feeling to super duper today but I just came here to say Holly Valance is such a disgusting piece of shit, and the only reason she’s so in with Trump and Farage is because she’s their perfect wank bank material and absolutely fucking loaded to boot.

Right, I’m away for a lie down

• Heart
Reactions: 66

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
What I can never get with the Justin Timberlakes of this world is if you want to go on the lash why do you need to drive! Get a driver/cab ... it's not like money is an issue. It's just weird.

Reactions: 65

Dobbythehouseelf

Following the Sally Phillips conversation - I do have big reservations about celebrities championing disabilities in this way. Their experience is very different from the average joe.
Half of all children born with DS have a heart defect. They are also more likely to have other health problems such as cancer.

I think a lot of people think DS is simply having different facial features and mild cognitive delay.

Also, no one should be pressured to have a child they cannot look after appropriately regardless of their health status.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
I don’t think smoking is healthy but realistically you don’t see that happening in movies now. I’m overweight and I don’t think it should be celebrated sorry. Big wake up call for me was when an elderly woman tried to give her seat up for me on the tube because she thought I was pregnant.
this isn’t about people who have medical issues etc,
Showing actors who are plump or fat having sex is not celebrating them!

People who are overweight should be allowed to have sex and relationships with the same acceptance that thin/slim/fit people are afforded. Or should we all hide our grotesque bodies and deny ourself love and sex until we fit the ideal? It’s such a shaming, ugly mentality.

Many of us feel enough shame as it is. We don’t need other people to tell us we are not as attractive to the masses as a slim person. That people will not want to shag us. Incidentally we also do not need to be told we have put on weight either.

We already know.

SMH. A bit of acceptance in the media would be nice. I think it is a positive thing that they did that sex scene. Even though it was bloody terrible.

Shame does not motivate change. This has been proved in studies again and again. Shaming behaviour is now in the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) as an indicator of decreased wellbeing and mental/physical health. That is how unhealthy and damaging it is to people.

• Heart
Reactions: 63

Restless Native

VIP Member
I’m still laughing at the idea of a full front of Nick Berry in Heartbeat. How did I ever miss this?😂
Heartbeat, why do you miss when Nick got out his dick???

I used to hate the Heartbeat theme tune. Everytime I heard it I got the Sunday night horrors about having school the next day

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62

Harlot O'Scara

VIP Member
I think one of the funniest things I've seen this week was Camilla Tominey's (royal reporter) confused look as she was saying that when she speaks to her teenage son on the phone, the first thing he says is blood....
I just can't imagine a son of hers speaking such street slang 🤷‍♀️😏
View attachment 3004101
I don't know, lots of lads saying "The boys is coming round my yard, innit" when they actually mean that Tarquin and Oliver are coming over to play Minecraft and eat custard creams.

• Haha
  • Wow
One of my relatives is a professional photographer and went to his house to do photos for a magazine and apparently he was lovely and down to earth. Lukewarm tea...
Even more lukewarm tea: Tony Hadley once helped a friend’s elderly relative get their suitcase off the conveyor belt at Palma airport. 😎

• Haha
  • Heart

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
Some people are fat and they are allowed to have sex and to be shown having sex. Should fat people be condemned to a life of celibacy and loneliness just for carrying some extra weight? How many sex scenes have we seen with the leads smoking afterwards? No one is shouting about health then. If people just don’t want to see naked fat people then at least own it. It’s not promoting unhealthiness just to show someone bigger than size 14 on screen.

• Heart