Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
I think the Diane Abbott of today is not the Diane Abbott of the 80s/90s. She was a groundbreaking firebrand. She’s now a lot older and obviously unwell. She does say and think things that people disagree with and find offensive on some subjects (some disagree with her on all of them of course) but she has also fought hard for things that have now changed. It’s hard to be a black female MP now - it would have been unbelievably difficult when she was first elected. I have a huge amount of respect for what she has achieved in her career. I also think for her own sake she would be better accepting the peerage but I suspect this is now a matter of pride. I’ve met her and she is a prickly individual; I imagine she has some very difficult personal relationships within the Labour Party, and always has had. She is uncompromising.

She’s a complex person with a very long political history and can’t easily be categorised in social media.

• Heart
Reactions: 79

kendallroysdownfall

Chatty Member
I've just read that transcript about Jolie and Pitt on the plane and I'm sure it might be true but I was surprised at some of the language. The transcript starts out professionally enough but then then it does take a turn such as describing the children as "bravely trying to protect each other" and that that they were avoiding "Pitt's wrath". I would have thought that the narrative should be a practical description of events without any emotion or conclusion.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76

Ginnyjo

VIP Member
I will DIE on the hill that Diane did absolutely nothing wrong there and was fuckin vilified for zero reason. She should never have had to apologise cause one bloody tiny m&s can of mojito on a train is nothing compared to 99% of the shit that politicians do in this country.
exactly the AMOUNT of shite middle aged white men get excused for is fucking scary, but if you're a woman, and a minority woman you breath wrong and you're enemy #1

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 75

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
Ally Mccoist propositioned my ex-MIL. I was “well jell”, but she said she wasn’t impressed because back in the day if you DIDN’T get offered a go on Ally’s knob you were a bit special.

I still would.
I remember seeing Ali tell a few stories about gazza. Seemed like a complete lunatic, no surprises there. But there was one story about a young player who signed for the Gers (can’t remember who) and they had a formal policy where you had to turn up in suits to certain events and Gazza seemingly realised the guy couldn’t afford this as he must not have been on much money and sent him to some top tailor and said the club were paying for it but he was actually paying his bill.

Edited: found it. It was gattuso
Gennaro Gattuso tells a story about buying suits with Paul Gascoigne when they both played for Rangers:
1717425755719.png

• Heart
Reactions: 74

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I must say the footage on Twitterx of all the bikers going up to Barrow for Dave Day makes me quite emotional.
Si King is going too and is going to make a speech.

• Heart

TheStrawberryThief

There will be a lot of famous women ( and probably some men as well), that are going to really suffer in their old age from having to keep up such an extreme diet and exercise regime for so much of their lives. It is really sad that they have been pushed into having to have such a low weight.

I can remember reading about how Lisa Kudrow always felt like ' the fat one' on friends as she was bigger than the other 2 girls. She was naturally taller with a bigger frame so she was feeling bad about something she couldn't change. The sad thing is, when you watch those old shows no one in their right mind would say she looked fat. If anything she would look to skinny.

When I was younger it really damaged my self confidence seeing the sort of comments celebrity magazines would make about women's bodies. Pointing out how fat and gross they looked, when they looked 10 times better than me. I could only dream on being as fat and gross as they did.

• Heart
  • Sad

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Watching Pointless yesterday I was startled how much Mary Tudor looked like Dennis Waterman. On Googling obviously loads of other people spotted this ages ago 😂 - but it is uncanny.

Screenshot_20240605_071140.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 73

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
A lot of things that happened on Big Brother back then would never be allowed now. The ITV reboot is so tame in comparison. We will never see another fight night or David’s Dead moment.
David’s dead was the greatest piece of television ever. It’s so inappropriate but hilarious at the same time and I feel so guilty for laughing but tell myself Bowie would have found it funny.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72

The Eskimo

Chatty Member
Rob Burrows has died. 😥
I obviously knew that this was inevitable, but I am fucking heartbroken. I did some work at Headingley a decade ago and ended up getting to know some of the players (as I would be up there quite often) and Rob was exactly as you saw him; and absolute gentleman with no ego whatsoever. This is not one of those occasions after someone has died where the ‘Oh, he was a good bloke’ comments are trotted out about people who were actually complete wankers. Rob was a genuine legend of the game and as a human being. RIP #7 ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 71

Mark81

VIP Member
My main issues with Taylor are firstly the parasocial relationships she cultivates with her fans (many at a vulnerable age) to make money off of. It goes beyond just standard marketing to me.

And secondly how is she progressive in anyway. She's a 30 year old woman who still sings and acts like a teenager and makes music all about men, finding a man, relationships etc etc. It's like Love Island, everything defined by having a partner. Sure some of her songs are good, but let's not pretend she is some kind of trailblazer or is a model of being an independent woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 71

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
I always find it a bit odd how distant Bobby Brazier seems when talking about his mother. Obviously she died when he was young but saying things like "I didn't know her long enough to miss her" just sounds a bit... cold? Also he didn't mention her when he won his NTA, even though she left him a decent amount of money which went towards his education and wellbeing and gave him a whole world of opportunity.
Frances Bean Cobain also says she doesn’t miss her dad. I can’t judge either of them because I’ve no idea what it’s like being in their position but personally, I don’t think you can miss someone you never knew, maybe only feel regret that you never met them. I suppose the idea of a parent you never had is only an abstract concept to them.

Reactions: 69

Bagpuss20

VIP Member
Just read that George Alagiah left his wife and family just £49,000 in his will.That seems like a surprisingly small amount for a man who earnt over £300,000 a year.
He knew he was dyng. He may have made financial arrangements well in advance so his family benefitted e.g transfer of funds, property etc.

Reactions: 69

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
What’s Patsy Kensit famous for, other than marrying one of Oasis?
She’s an actress, she’s been in loads of things over the years. She first acted as a 5/6 year old in a Fairy Liquid advert

She’s been in movies including Absolute Beginners with David Bowie and Lethal Weapon 2 with Mel Gibson

She’s married quite a few musicians. I think Liam was her 3rd musician husband

She had a brief pop career in the late 80s

She’s been in Emmerdale & Holby City

She was already famous before she got with Liam

Reactions: 68
I absolutely hate to see something being thrown at anyone regardless of what I think of the person. I really hate seeing it, and I always did.
Same. I have no time for Nigel Farage, but the photos of the incident really bothered me.

I loathe that there are parts of our society that have no qualms about launching an assault on someone because they deem their opinion to be wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 68

Chatty Member
Wonder why Helen Worth, aka, Gail is leaving Corrie after 50 years?
I mean, how many people are in the same job for 50 years?! Filming etc must be a hard schedule and I guess she sees 50 years as a good way to sign off. Fair fucks to her, she’s earned her retirement. Haven’t watched corrie in years but her and Eileen grimshaw fighting in the street after discovering Todd had slept with a bloke whilst living with Sarah was bloody epic 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 67

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
Arrogant prick, thinking he could vape indoors. Sean Bean is an excellent actor, but from what I've read, he doesn't sound like he's a very nice person.
Most vapers are pricks in general, walking down the street puffing a cloud into the faces of everyone behind them. No consideration at all for others.

• Heart
Reactions: 66

SaLou

VIP Member
I hate how the press report on how much money people left in their will. It's really nobody’s business at all.

Reactions: 66