Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Quite agree, my husband has essential tremor and he hardly ever drinks (not that it stops his bloody GP telling him to "cut down on his drinking", he drinks 1-2 of those little bottles of Belgian lager each week, and that's only if the weather is hot!! 🙄)

Having said that, Diane Abbott was spotted drinking on a train in 2019...
I will DIE on the hill that Diane did absolutely nothing wrong there and was fuckin vilified for zero reason. She should never have had to apologise cause one bloody tiny m&s can of mojito on a train is nothing compared to 99% of the shit that politicians do in this country.

• Heart
Reactions: 164

Shoreditcher

I will DIE on the hill that Diane did absolutely nothing wrong there and was fuckin vilified for zero reason. She should never have had to apologise cause one bloody tiny m&s can of mojito on a train is nothing compared to 99% of the shit that politicians do in this country.
Unfortunately black women are often punished for merely existing, if they dare stand up for themselves racists either call them aggressive or drunkards.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 97

MrsDimSum

VIP Member
Sometimes I wonder if Taylor Swift will move on and start writing songs about people who've just treated her badly in general, like "Mean Checkout Boy" and "Bad Bathroom Attendant".

Confession, I really wish there was a ‘Taylor Swifts not all that’ thread - I’m sick of seeing and hearing about her and her cardigans and friendship bracelets everywhere I look just now!

• Heart
  • Haha

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Taylor is the most boring, banal person ever with an average voice. Not to mention she always given off massive high school mean girl vibes to me. Her fandom is more like a fucking cult

• Heart
  • Haha

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
I’m sure he’s done a great job of raising the kids, but surely that’s the absolute bare minimum you can expect from a parent. It pisses me off that men get praised to high heavens when they’ve taken on the ‘burden’ of their kids as a single dad when literally millions of women do that every day. I know a bloke who has custody of his kids as his wife is an alcoholic and you should have seen the state of them sometimes when they turned up at school, yet everyone talked about him like he was some kind of saint. The bar is incredibly low for men and their kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 96

Missmopps

VIP Member
What a bellend. Honestly he would do anything for attention that one. Just wear jeans or joggers or harem pants FFS

• Haha
Reactions: 95

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
What in living hell has Jennifer Aniston done to her face :eek: and she really needs to stop dressing like a hooker in a airport hotel bar.

Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 10-18-55 Jennifer Aniston stuns in crimson dress at The Morning Show ...png

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 91

MissHavisham

VIP Member
And I will die there right with you. That massive kerfuffle over her drinking an M&S tinned mojito was the biggest load of absolute fucking bollixing bullshit.

• Heart
Reactions: 90

petitspois

VIP Member
What about the rumour he and Fergie got drunk and had a bunk up?

So are you saying Kevin Costner had a bunk up with Sarah Ferguson, Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas or Alex Ferguson?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
I know this may sound cruel but Jade was a nasty piece of work and those kids being raised by Jeff most likely meant that they had a better childhood. Of course she was their Mum and they no doubt loved her unconditionally but I refuse to make people into saints because they died young. Her behaviour on Celeb BB is out there forever, and they most likely have watched that....

• Heart
Reactions: 86

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
I would just like to say how much I admire Katie Piper as she bravely undergoes yet another operation.
What happened to her was terrible but she has really been brave.
It’s partly why I don’t find milkshaking politicians funny no matter how much I disagree with them. When you see it happen live I always have a couple of seconds of thinking the worst. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 85

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Doesn't Harry say that he doesn't have clear memories of Diana???

I might be on the wrong path here, but I've always felt that Jeff protected his sons after Jade's death. It would have been an easy pay day to sell loads of photos and stories about these poor motherless boys.

I also don't think he's poisoned the boys against Jade. There are too many people around who would paint her as a Saint for him to be able to do that.

Good luck to Bobby in making his own way in the world.
Jeff took over caring for the boys the day Jade died and from that day on, neither child was photographed, not until they reached the age of consent. He also protected them from Jade’s mum Jackiey although he’s maintained contact with her as the boys’ maternal grandmother. He’s a good man.

• Heart
Reactions: 80

Bawsack89

My auntie shared a bed with Ally Mccoist in Toronto years ago. She was working at the hotel he was staying at and she went to his room with room service. She asked for an autograph and he said he could do one better - she could jump in. He whipped the duvet off, was half naked and she obliged. She is adamant nothing happened, they just chatted for a bit and he signed a couple of shirts for my cousins (not me 😕) before she went back to her shift. Forever jealous.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 79

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
I think the Diane Abbott of today is not the Diane Abbott of the 80s/90s. She was a groundbreaking firebrand. She’s now a lot older and obviously unwell. She does say and think things that people disagree with and find offensive on some subjects (some disagree with her on all of them of course) but she has also fought hard for things that have now changed. It’s hard to be a black female MP now - it would have been unbelievably difficult when she was first elected. I have a huge amount of respect for what she has achieved in her career. I also think for her own sake she would be better accepting the peerage but I suspect this is now a matter of pride. I’ve met her and she is a prickly individual; I imagine she has some very difficult personal relationships within the Labour Party, and always has had. She is uncompromising.

She’s a complex person with a very long political history and can’t easily be categorised in social media.

• Heart
Reactions: 79