Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
Oh, in slightly more glamorous news, I was in the queue for the loo behind Helena Bonham-Carter at a Rufus Wainwright gig. And I sat behind Bob Mortimer.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I thinks that’s just an interpretation?
A really grasping over-interpretation that affords Grease a depth it doesn’t have.

And what would it mean anyway? What comment on the human condition would that be making? It’s not Bergman; no one in Grease is playing chess with the reaper. Some American teenagers are horny in a society marred by stultifying double standards, and they sing some catchy songs about it. That is the sole premise of Grease. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha

Sea

VIP Member
I love Grease, hated Love Actually, and have never seen Dirty Dancing!
Hate dirty dancing! Don't think Patrick Swayze was hot and that dance lift scene is the most crappiest, over re-created scene ever.

• Wow
  • Haha

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
Based on nothing but the fact that she's obsessed with not having a hair out of place, I reckon Ruth would be a lousy fuck!😁
I really didn’t think this thread would have had so many discussions about Eamonn and Ruth riding but here we are.

• Haha

piquant

I've stood immediately next to Catherine (Princes of Wales) when she was still Kate Middleton , doing her weekly shop in Waitrose and buying biscuits ( surtried to see what else she was buying
Her hair was absolutely gorgeous and she was wearing skinny white jeans and a blouse
I've also sat behind Kate Winslet on a 8 hour transaction flight from Antigua on Virgin Airlines ..she was sitting next to Richard Branson's family - she declined my daughter's request for her autograph because she was 'too tired'
Husband was staying in hotel in London several years ago and sat on table next to Keira Knightley at breakfast and had a lovely conversation with her!
He also once bumped into Dave Myers at Euston station and had a brief conversation about how we loved The Hairy Bikers food /shows ...got his autograph then too - husband said he was a charming man
Once walking through the Trafford Centre and there were the Beckhams wearing sunglasses , with their security team...pair of pretentious idiots

• Haha
Me and some colleagues played a game where we looked at old krypton factor eps on youtube and guessed the ages of the contestants. James a computer programmer from Luton looks 45 but is only 22. Its crazy.
Oh I loved The Krypton Factor! We still talk about it now, for example going in the teenagers bedroom is like attempting a krypton factor assault course lol.

Reactions: 36

artnouveau

Chatty Member
Ooh I queued behind Linda Robson in Dalston Matalan about 16 years ago, fast forward a year or two and I was stood behind Gwyneth Paltrow at a cashpoint off Tottenham Court Road

Editing to add LR was with her daughters I presume and looked like a bulldog chewing a wasp natch, nothing at all to say about GP I'm afraid
Linda Robson has a face you could slap repeatedly.

• Haha

petitspois

VIP Member
I'm amazed the 'ingested too much semen' story still has legs. It's not a poison is it? Plus, if you give it anything more than 5 seconds thought, you'd work out that you would have to swallow about 30 'deposits' to get a pint of it so surely you'd get lockjaw first?

• Haha

ThisishowIlivenow

VIP Member
RE: Trump. He's already being fined pretty heftily for other charges. (and not paid) This guilty charge is for 34 counts. He still has another trial to go in Florida. At one point does common sense prevail?
Also, I'm really still stunned by the fact that America can have a sitting President in prison or even with felony charges. I honestly thought that would be an automatic ban from running.

H.R. Pufnstuf

I genuinely think Millie Bobby Brown just wants to get away from her awful family, the blind items about them were horrific. For that reason alone I hope it works out for her, but they’re so young I can’t see it. Plus he’s just another nepo baby.
Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin are another “nepo baby” + “child star pimped out by parents” couple and they seem to be solid so I’m hoping for the same for Millie and Jake. Seems like some celebs who didn’t have a secure upbringing seek it in adulthood by marrying young.

Reactions: 35

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Yeah, I feel bad for slagging off a ten year old but it is just the fact that this was bought and paid for and the lack of self awareness is mind blowing.
They went to the trouble of paying for her to be cast but not to give her singing and dancing lessons. The entitlement with this one is going to be off the charts.

TBF i had a moment like that sort of when Fulham played Man Utd away and we got the first penalty that had been awarded then in ages and then won.. we left to get back on the coach and in my euphoria I genuinely did not notice it was raining
But did you express this out loud in a manner which suggested that you had never spoken words out of your mouth before and weren’t quite sure what was happening to the hole in the front of your face?

• Haha