Secret Celebrity Gossip #160

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It wasn’t really Olly Alexander’s acting in the Eastenders cameo that was dreadful it was the cringe of the whole scene with other characters making bad puns:

“We go way back, years & years in fact”
“I think it’s a sin that he doesn’t like girls”
I used to watch every episode of EE, but stopped completely a few years ago.

I always found those 'filmed in a rush' scenes (where they tried to shoehorn in a discussion about last night's England game, etc) forced and awkward. I'm getting second hand embarrassment just from reading your post 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Unpopular opinion (I've got quite a few) - I never got Gavin & Stacey. Anyone else or am I in a club of one?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 81
Yes I did the same, and then the other day some random account stating “facts” to prove nothing happened at the party came up on my fyp and I was like erm, no, block that too
I did wonder if it was Barrymore himself creating these random accounts to ‘set the record straight’.
Cannot stand the bastard

• Heart
Reactions: 23
It wasn’t really Olly Alexander’s acting in the Eastenders cameo that was dreadful it was the cringe of the whole scene with other characters making bad puns:

“We go way back, years & years in fact”
“I think it’s a sin that he doesn’t like girls”
although it was very cringe, I loved the above references and thought it was pretty fun (and a tiny break from Brit and Whit)

Reactions: 3
I feel bad for anyone coming here looking for celeb gossip and just seeing pages of Per Shop Boys love 🤣

However! We can’t overlook their Bilingual album! Se a vida é, Red Letter Day, Before, Single Bilingual, all amazing! It’s such a good summer album. Apparently the sound was influenced by music they heard while touring South America.
Se a Vida é is SUCH a bop.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Unpopular opinion (I've got quite a few) - I never got Gavin & Stacey. Anyone else or am I in a club of one?
I’m with you! Though, I have always had such a burning hatred of JC that I was never going to be a fan m.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Nope the club is building never seen Gavin and Stacey and not planning on it, hopefully it will be in place of Mrs Brown’s Boys on Christmas Day and I definitely won’t see it then 😉🍾

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I'm in the club too. I've tried a few episodes but it just left me cold.
---
Not the crime of the century, but not a good look when Vince Clarke has always been quick to namecheck Sparks as an inspiration.
Maybe they weren't an inspiration. They were talking quite happily about their inspirations on Imagine.
---
Cissie and Ada with Roy Barraclough (I think that's his name?) were brilliant!
My favourites will always be Hinge and Brackett.

Reactions: 6
its just 'alright' , its the supporting characters that make it watchable, Gavin & Stacey themselves - I couldn't careless about their relationship or them, she' particularly aggravating

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Nope, me too! It's one of those tv shows that you don't dare say aloud you don't watch/get the hysteria over.

Reactions: 18
Nope, me too! It's one of those tv shows that you don't dare say aloud you don't watch/get the hysteria over.
I was like that with Friends. I loathed it with a passion. Had the temerity to admit it and was met with incredulity and disdain.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I loved Gavin and Stacey, it's no cvo incidence that Smithy and Ness were the best characters on it! It's worth watching for Doris alone- total legend, "There's your salad" (IYKYK)

Re Olly Alexander I think he's a great actor- provided the character he is playing is Olly Alexander

• Haha
Reactions: 26
It's something that passed me by, and now I've seen many reports of how vile Corden is IRL I'll avoid it like the plague !

Reactions: 20
i was never a huge fan of gavin and stacey (hate JC and the girl who plays staceys face) - the scenes with gavins mum and dad are the funniest.

Nighty Night will always be my fave
and Kath & Kim 🤣 both shows remind me of my mum we still laugh at them

• Heart
Reactions: 26
i was never a huge fan of gavin and stacey (hate JC and the girl who plays staceys face) - the scenes with gavins mum and dad are the funniest.
Pam, Mick, Vanessa and Brin were brilliant characters. Stacey… omg she’s such a whinny pain in the arse. I used to scroll on my phone whenever she’d come on. I really feel like she’s one of those characters that’s been detrimental to the actress playing her.
---
I also thought the Dawn and Pete (Pam and micks friends) were more entertaining than gavin & Stacey. They should just do a Pam and Mick series.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.