Secret Celebrity Gossip #160

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love both Claud and Louis, but I am of their era, so that may be why.

Louis' recent podcast with Adam was very enjoyable, and touches on Adam's insecurities around Joe's post partnership success and his general battle with self confidence. His episode with Samantha Morton was also very good.

Reactions: 13
I’m glad to read others aren’t keen on Louis Theroux these days either. Loved Weird Weekends and all his stuff afterwards like the brothel etc, but in the last few years he has lost it. His Scientology one was shite and completely blown out the water by Going Clear, and his attempt at making things right with Saville didn’t quite work for me. It came across as a bit self-serving, i.e I clearly fucked up by giving this paedophile a platform and having a laugh with him so I need to come across as contrite.

His podcast is meh. His celeb interviews are meh. He’s completely lost his magic.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Going to give it a watch later. It's far too easy to fake a romance to be quids in. There will be famous people right now giving the impression they are together when they are not, in the hope of getting rich.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Apparently LT is doing a Tv documentary to be shown soon,Westcrackhead is interviewed.😖Won’t be able to understand her whistling gurgling and gurning when talking.

she didn’t mention what it’s about,but we think it’s a doc about boy bands.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
When Louis Theroux took his top off in that one about plastic surgery the man looked like he would struggle to carry a chip on his shoulder he was so frail.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm a thicko but if Harvey Weinstein's 2020 rape conviction has been overturned, what does that mean for him?
A retrial?
He'll not be released from prison, surely?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I'm a thicko but if Harvey Weinstein's 2020 rape conviction has been overturned, what does that mean for him?
A retrial?
He'll not be released from prison, surely?
I dunno. Maybe it means the career of Jennifer Lawrence might recover and once again reach the heights he got her to.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
In the immediate term not much if they've asked for a retrial.
Thanks.
It's a bit puzzling they overturned it cause he "didn't get a fair trial" but willing to go ahead with a retrial when there will be more prejudice against him.
It's just plain mad that it got overturned in the first place.

Reactions: 4
Surprised at the negative comments about Louis Theroux but I've listened to Adam & Joe and followed Louis for decades, so it's hard for me to dislike any of them.

For what it's worth, Adam is on Louis' podcast on Spotify as recently as last month (which I forget to listen to but I'm a dedicated Ramblechat fan of Count Buckulese) - they seem cool with each other having a podcast.

Louis really shines in his early years, when he was more unknown and his guests were more on the kitsch / quirky side. Somehow that really worked. Even Adam asks, tongue-in-cheek, Why don't you do those funny documentaries any more? in a silly voice in the Spotify episode, almost as if Louis gets asked this all the time (I'm sure he does). Louis even does an impression of an impressionist who does his voice (which Adam reckons makes him sound like Kermit The Frog!).

His trademark wide-eyes-to-camera sarcasm and irony he does can get a bit cringey. As for Savile, Theroux isn't the first person to be hoodwinked by a seemingly-eccentric person (though Savile always kinda baffles me, as his aura reads more weird than lovably eccentric).

Louis' best episode is probably the Westboro Baptist Church one - the follow-up is good, too. Amazed that church is still going.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Kayvan Novaks impression of Louis when on Ramblechat had me properly laughing until I cried, so funny. I am very protective of Buckles

• Haha
Reactions: 23