Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Candytuft

VIP Member
I’m sure there was an incident where one of Cilla’s sons knocked a man over and killed him. It was soon hushed up.
Marla Maples said Donald was the best lover she ever had.
Jimmy Savile raped my friend when she was 14. Got her pregnant and gave her an STD. Her dad went round to sort him out and got very badly beaten, very badly by JS and his scum brothers. Friend had to have an abortion, this was in 1968.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 85

Falkor

VIP Member
Pre-2003 (when the law changed so that topless models had to be 18) papers like the Sun and the Daily Star would run Page 3 countdowns, counting down the days until a girl turned 16 and they could legally picture her topless. Seems unbelievable now, doesn't it?

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 64

Noseyparker68

Oh my god. Saville was the fucking devil himself. Your poor friend, so sorry to hear what she suffered.❤

Blind Gossip is also v.good 😛
Sexual perverts like him need stringing up . I'm a victim of sexual abuse it's an odd feeling as it catches up with you years later it was my brother actually, and I had to bury it so as no one would find out .
But I never had people stay over etc as he was a drunk that used to threaten to kill me etc etc it was horrendous.
But I survived it .

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I read a good story in PopBitch yesterday re Cilla Black.
Apparently as was her wont she once bollocked and humiliated a poor runner in front of the whole studio.
Her salmon sandwich was smoked, not canned.
Subsequently, the bullied runner rose through the ranks ofLWT, and vetoed any opportunity the old bag for getting back on telly!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

Jamie j

"UN-usual for a lad from Bolton"...?
How big is your sample size? Number of people (I mean nothing else.)
Are you an authority?
Do you work for the government?
If so, I think the Census has gone too far.
Sample size: about 50 - 60 (no comments please - I like to play :) ) - I’d say that of the non-Muslim guys only 1-2 in 10 were circumcised.
I’m not an authority, just an eager amateur.
I don’t work for the government.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
There was another Eastenders actor, Paul Nicholls, who used to belong to a gym near me. Apparently had a massive cock. (I have no idea why I posted this) 😳

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52

Won’t you have a cup

I was intrigued to read about Mandy Smith on thread #15. I have some tea on the Smith sisters, Nicola (the elder, best known for going out with Teddy Sheringham for a bit) and Mandy. I’m from their era, and I’m from the north west, where they live now.

First Nicola. She relocated to Manchester, following Teddy Sheringham, in the nineties when he played for Man U. She lived in a flat with him in Cheshire. Angling for marriage, of course: longing to be a footballer’s wife when that first became a thing. He wasn’t putting a ring on it, though. I heard that she fancied herself as one of the queen bees of the players’ lounge: hanging around with Posh and Mark Bosnich’s then wife and being spiteful to any women they saw as lesser WAGs or a threat. Including Jordan: apparently that story about them singing “who let the dogs out” when she came into the players’ lounge was true, and Nicola Smith later said in an interview, with some satisfaction, that Jordan ‘kept wandering around the room trying to find someone who would talk to her’ when she was going out with Dwight Yorke and going to watch games. Imagine how horrible that was, whilst the bitchy WAGs sneered at her! I’m no fan of KP but come on!

There’s no evidence of Nicola Smith actually having a job during this period. In interviews after Teddy Sheringham dumped her, she reminisces about having ‘girlie lunches’ with Posh and Sarah Bosnich. Like the witches of Eastwick. She also reminisced about being bored whilst Teddy was training etc, being so bored in fact that she even did her own cleaning (!!!) because there was nothing else for her to do, despite having a cleaning lady. I assume that ‘getting a job’ didn’t feature in her deliberations.

She also complained bitterly because Teddy insisted on spending time with his son from his first marriage.

So Teddy Sheringham bins her eventually - can’t think why - and Nicola is first to beat a path to the door of the magazines. Saying that the split was her idea, obviously, and that she’d been unhappy anyway and was missing the London party scene.

Surprisingly, despite missing the London party scene, she settles in Manchester. I’d love to know why. Next thing you know, she’s set up a ’lifestyle magazine’ to be distributed around Cheshire and the posher bits of Manchester. Which I assume was an excuse to flit around air kissing, attending events and getting free stuff at bars and restaurants? Anyway, still not what you’d call a proper job.

The magazine fails after a few years, in 2010 I think, but not because it wasn’t very good (it wasn’t) or because print was being superseded by the internet. No. According to Nicola, the magazine was “a victim of its own success”. How so? Well, apparently, it was doing SO well that the rival publications (which? I can only think of Cheshire Life that ploughs the same rather dull furrow, and the proper magazines aren’t going to be taking advertising from beauty salons in Altrincham, so I don’t believe this bit) reduced their rate card for advertising, and stole away business from Nicola’s magazine. The unfairness! Nicola whines that she has lost £120k of her own money. That’s what being a business owner involves, Nicola. Not sure where she earned £120k...maybe it was the Hello money for the post-breakup interview?

A white knight (sort of) appears in the shape of a North west magazine publishing business which buys the title and appoints Nicola ‘managing director’, although there’s a separate senior management team who actually make the decisions and do the proper work, so not sure what her duties were. Nicola’s former business partner, female, leaves the business. However, mere months later Nicola gives an interview to the Manchester Evening News announcing that she’s going to do something worthwhile instead of just ‘running’ the magazine. So basically she’s had the boot from the mag but tries to dress it up as her selflessly giving up frivolity to do good.

Now she’s going to give her all to a charity, the five stars appeal, which recruited five ‘stars’ (I use the term loosely) each year as ambassadors and held glitzy fundraisers in Manchester to raise funds for scanners and other hospital equipment. What could have attracted Nicola to such a role? Surely not the glitzy events rife with rich men?

Nicola contrives to get Mandy appointed as a trustee too. Glitzy fundraisers and virtue signalling ahoy!

Shortly after giving up the magazine work (or it giving her up) Nicola starts extracting fees from the Five Stars appeal. Now she’s a paid fundraiser, you see. She’s not an employee of the charity; it has no employees. No, she’s a consultant.

it later emerges that the charity spent more on fundraising, including its events and Nicola’s fees, than it raised. The charity was getting 3p from every pound donated. Suspicious? Manchester Children’s Hospital disassociated itself from the charity and told the Five Stars appeal to remove the hospital’s name from its literature. There was an enquiry. The charity doesn’t seem to exist any more. Ther don’t seem to have been any prosecutions, but it’s very dodgy. The trustees were, at best, asleep at the wheel.

I think that the Smith sisters don’t really get the concept of having a proper job. Who knows what they are doing now?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

Sariassong

She looks like a drag queen or someone early stages of a man transitioning to a woman.
My sister had a friend who worked in a salon in the 90s and Dani Behr dashed in demanding an emergency blow dry!
The stylist understandably told her she'd have to wait and maybe they could slot her in later and she went bonkers, saying "you dont understand, don't you know who I am? I'm Dani Behr!!"
To which the stylist replied ," I dont care if you're Yogi Bear luv, you've still gotta wait "
😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 50

Bette21

I often saw John Partridge and Joe Absolom (not at the same time) in Sainsbury’s at Greenwich, (the old one, not the new one) both gave out “don’t talk to me” look, often it was late at night, so not many in the supermarket, I just carried on doing my shopping, I totally was not interested in them.
Joe Absolom married a friend of my sisters and he came round to my sisters a few times and he was really lovely! This was about 16 years ago though, but last I heard they were still married.

I normally scroll past things I don’t want to read but ‘white people are the only race in the world that bend over backwards for others’ is absolutely the most ignorant thing I’ve ever seen said on here and I think it’s despicable.

Reactions: 50

Sparkliej

Talking of 90s throwbacks, anyone remember Eurotrash with Antoine de Caunes? I would 100% would. I used it watch it with the sound down low. Just incase. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

Candytuft

VIP Member
I have a story. I am ancient and what was tea in my day is like milk now. BUT.
Judy Garland was bi. When she did her stuff in London afterwards her driver took her to The Gateways. Lots of stars went there, and we were all hiding so it was discreet. She did a lot of small concerts and that’s one of the reasons she was so loved because you only had to pay to get in the club.
Anyway, my friend copped off and in the car back to the hotel, Judy takes her shoe off.
Divert your eyes. It gets icky.
She pulls a bag of pills out of the toe of the shoe, wriggles about and puts them up her vag.
My friend , obvs says “what on earth are you doing “ friend was posh.
Judy says, well, this way we both get high !
I asked my friend what happened and she said it was like trying to swallow an aspirin without any water 😂
Those were the days, my friend.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
I’ll tell you what, kids of my generation need a fuckin medal. What with this abomination, the dirty perverted NOTW-reading pensioners, Mind Your Language and Love The Neighbour it’s a wonder we made it to adulthood to become the upstanding members of the community we are today....😲

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I think Peter Andre is pondscum. Anyone who whores out their children for fame and cash are disgusting. Peter went a step or two further by cashing in on Harvey after splitting with KP and disgracefully his dying brother.

The bloke is thick as pig shit with no morals, in my opinion.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 46

Ambrosie

VIP Member
Completely agree with you, and the newspaper’s at that time used to call these underage girls “Lolita’s” as if it was their fault for tempting these much older rockstar perverts...🤢
In about 1986 I went to school with a girl who lusted after older men. We were 11 years old. Then I moved hundreds of miles away and we wrote to each other all the time. She used to go to Butlins type places with her mum. She’d send me pics of whatever perv she’d hooked with. They were in their 40s or even 50s. She was 11-15 years old. Her mum allowed it. It used to make me feel sick. I had to hide the pics she sent me because my dad would say it was vile. I’m still friends with her now. We‘re 44 now. Her husband is 65 and a Roy Orbison impersonator. But looking back I do wonder if her going to Butlins was an arrangement when dirty pervs knew there would be accommodating mums allowing vile behaviours with their daughters. But it was just accepted.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 45

ShowMeYourFeline

Chatty Member
Oh dear. Your level of intelligence and understanding on racial issues and equality is clearly nonexistent.

White people have been oppressing others since history began, but you're probably one of these 'we're all equal race doesn't exist' people.

If you refuse to acknowledge this then yes - you are part of the problem.

I've seen you're also on the JK Rowling thread making transphobic comments over there. Lovely.

Racist and a terf... why am I not surprised??
Why is it that SJWs always assume they are more intelligent and educated than the other side? I used to spout the same mainstream talking points as you when i was a young, naive leftist, until I educated myself.

(By the way everyone agrees with my comments on the JK Rowling thread. And I’m not a “terf”: I’m not a rad fem).

You hold white people to standards that you don’t apply to anyone else. What is your actual hard evidence for “white people have been oppressing others since history began”? Please give examples of white people doing ANYTHING that hasn’t been equally done to us.

3,000,000 white people were abducted Muslims in the 16th century and kept as slaves, mostly women and girls as sex slaves.

The Ottomans brutally colonised south east Europe, and that only finished a century ago. You could argue with Kosovo, Albania and Western Turkey that it never ended. They also genocided 3 million Armenians.

Tatars and Huns sacked, raided and looted Eastern Europe for centuries.

Lenin, a mixed race man who specifically stated he wanted all people to be mixed, put in place policies that killed tens of millions of white people. For example, he confiscated the grain of Ukrainian peasant farmers, and starved 8 million people in the genocide known as the Holodomor.

Muslims conquered, colonised, enslaved and ruined half of Africa, and never get any criticism for it. Slavery of outsiders is explicitly encouraged in Islam, and slavery of black Africans has become a huge problem in Libya, while south east Asians are lured to jobs in the UAE, then kept as slaves. Some of them are never seen again.

They also conquered and colonised India, and fatally persecuted people of other religions.

The Chinese are currently colonising Africa, while everyone’s busy screeching at white people for what a few rich men did 200 years ago when civilians didn’t even have the vote. Chinese people historically owned African slaves, and castrated them.

However, most people don’t realise that outsiders did not capture African slaves. “Slave” was essentially the currency of Africa. Tribes all over sub-Saharan Africa would constantly fight with and take slaves from neighbouring tribes. This process existed long before contact with outsiders. The current leaders would then trade these slaves with outsiders. That is why Africa has always been associated with slavery for 5000 years: it was their own native process. It only ended (officially at least) with European colonisation. Britain did not benefit from slavery; in order to liberate slaves, Britain bought every single slave in the Empire and set them free. We only finished paying off this astronomical debt in 2014.

Talking of white people in Africa, 70,000 white people have been murdered in South Africa since the end of Apartheid. It is legal to confiscate the land only of white people. Most black people in South Africa are descendants of immigrants from other African countries.

Pygmy tribes had to go to the UN to ask for help, to stop their average-sized neighbours from enslaving and cannibalising them. The average sized neighbours said it was a “time-honoured tradition”.

Muslim rape gangs in this country outright said that “white girls are trash and are only good for our use”, while calling the children they were raping white cunts and white whores. The only ones convicted of racism were some members of the children’s families, who tried to rescue them.

But please enlighten me on how uniquely oppressive white people are 🙄

White people sacrificed themselves to end slavery in the US civil war.

Millions and millions of British, Polish, Russian etc people died in WW2, with the aim of saving Jewish people.

• Sick
  • Angry

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
Going back a bit to Peter Andre, may I vent?

This is the man who married Jordan and agreed to put every second of his and his kids’ lives on TV, driven by his management company. He made a ton of money out of it.

He then separated from Jordan and carried on putting them in the public eye. How are his children going to feel when they realise that their half-siblings grew up protected by their parents and they didn’t.

He could have fought to have them out of the public eye when with their mother but at the very least he could have stopped himself. That was entirely within his control, and would have given them security in him. His new wife has also talked about them, and obliquely their mother, in interviews, and brought more publicity and antagonism into the situation.

So I can’t join in with the narratives that he is a good parent. Just because he’s better than Katie Price - not exactly a high bar.

• Heart

FitiverMin

Chatty Member
Not got any real celebrity gossip, but I did go to a nightclub in Aberdeen in about 2008 where Michael Barrymore had gone to after a stint in His Majesty’s. He had clearly fallen off the wagon and was making out with some poor guy known to have an alcohol problem.

I was also on X Factor and got to the judges. Simon made a whispered fat shaming comment about a contestant who worked in Burger King about her eating all the burgers. It was cut out of the edit but he was put in his place by the contestants cup singer.

Cheryl was cold and moody.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
The thing with Russell is that he is a recovered addict, and has completed the 10 steps, and also wrote a book discussing the AA 10 step program. And, when you have completed your steps, the last step, is the one where your mission is to help as many addicts as he can. That is really the focus of what he is doing, and he’s also massively into yoga and Transcendental Meditation, and often goes on these TM courses (along with my hubby). He’s a really nice guy actually, much much quieter in RL. He also doesn’t like being interrogated, and the only famous person he has spoken about was Amy Winehouse and how much guilt he has for not being able to help her when she needed it. But I’ve already posted about Russell, and i wish I had more gossip-especially about his marriage to Katy Perry!! If I do hear anything more - I promise I will post it !!
I don’t want to be the arsey, pedantic one but it’s a 12-Step programme, it saved my life. And you’re right, we are meant to carry the message to the stuff suffering alcoholic....I’m just not convinced he does it for the right reasons all the time. I personally think the best way to carry a message is going to meetings to help newcomers and pass on what was given to me. Just my opinion (and a little message-carrying, in case someone needs to see it ❤)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43