Secret Celebrity Gossip #159

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kate Isitt's accent was particularly bad. She was in one of the more recent episodes.
Was she in the Christmas/New year episode? Died falling off her own balcony? If so, then she was by far the worst one ever! We still mock her saying ‘1982’ - how the hell did the rest of the cast and crew keep a straight face?!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Louis Theroux was never going to work post lockdown when everybody had binged all of his stuff

Most of his best stuff was done pre mainstream social media but now wherever he goes he’ll just be dealing with people who can look him up and work him out within 2 minutes

I think he’s looking for interesting celebrities but they haven’t really been very good choices.

The Savile stuff threw him too, obviously.

He would be quite good in a parody I reckon, but again not many folk send themselves up now.

Reactions: 7
Louis Theroux's schtick is too well-known everywhere now. Anyone agreeing to be interviewed by him these days knows the score and will be acting accordingly. Although his Stormzy is 72 years old interview where he got him talking about how much he likes Christmas, while wearing slippers, was kind of fun.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Will have to seek that one out. I don't listen to all of his simply because there isn't enough time but I did think I'd heard the one with her. Can't remember the racist bit though.
I like Adam’s podcasts but I do normally pick and choose who I listen to. Some complete unknowns have been a delight and a revelation. However I can’t bring myself to listen to Moran wittering on no matter what she’s on.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I like Adam’s podcasts but I do normally pick and choose who I listen to. Some complete unknowns have been a delight and a revelation. However I can’t bring myself to listen to Moran wittering on no matter what she’s on.
Moran is utterly ghastly. And not as remotely funny or clever as she thinks she is. She'll shout things like 'Omg at my age I use a tampon the size of a badger' whilst gurning like a fucker 🤪

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Caitlin Moran annoys me by pronouncing her name as Cat-lin, which is neither the English or Irish way its usually pronounced (iirc its sometimes close to that in a few Irish accents, but not many).

Raised By Wolves was sort of funny, but I can also see why it wasn't renewed, as I've said before.

Reactions: 10
Caitlin Moran, Fern Britton, Adele, that chef with the South West accent....I've only liked them when they're fat 🤷🏼‍♀️

Never liked Rebel Wilson, she's given weird vibes whatever her size

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Was she in the Christmas/New year episode? Died falling off her own balcony? If so, then she was by far the worst one ever! We still mock her saying ‘1982’ - how the hell did the rest of the cast and crew keep a straight face?!
That rings a bell. I'm sure the kitchen where her first scene was had a balcony. Her accent was so bad I don't understand why they had her continue, rather than just letting her talk in her normal accent. It was hilariously distracting.

Reactions: 2
My irk about Caitlin is that she puts in almost every column:

“Thank you. Thank you for listening to my joke.”

Id make it a drinking game but I’d have to go to the Priory.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Sigh.
Nobody believes this. I like her on The Traitors but I'm getting fed up of Winkleman's tiresome 'I'm so down to earth, completely unvain and eat like a horse' bollocks.
Not sure about the eating like a horse thing, but I stayed in the same hotel as her in Copenhagen in 2022 and saw her most mornings at breakfast with her kids, and she made a good impression. She was at the (spectacular, delicious) buffet a normal amount, so definitely not avoiding food like some celebrities might.

I've always been sort of irritated by her on TV and slagged her off, but I got good vibes from her in person. She was incognito, I reckon, she had The Fringe pinned back and was a normal human colour. Very polite, very appreciative of the hotel and its staff, engaged with her kids (teenage boys, it seemed, which I gather are not the easiest demographic to have a great parenting relationship with) and although we didn't chat to her or anything, we'd say hi to each other when we passed and kind of did the quiet acknowledgment thing, and she just seemed very personable and nice. I have definitely warmed to her.
---
I think Claudia has become a character now that she plays
I think that's true, but I think it's no bad thing. Seems to me that the weird hair, weird foundation, weird nude lip thing is a disguise, and armour. I think she's actually been very savvy in doing this and keeping her public persona/character very separate from her private self - she gets the perks of fame as much as she wants them, she gets the massive salary and advertising contracts, and she gets to have a private life for her family.
---
I used to work in Boots as a sixth former and I used to love the Charles Worthington range
Same, and same. I loved the bottle shapes too. Thinking about them now, I mostly remember how they felt in a very tactile way, and it gives me good ASMR feelings. It's a wonder it took until my late thirties to get an autism diagnosis 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Some of those were amazing. Was the Nazi one the one with the white supremisicist survivalists? He's done a couple with Nazi's. I just rmeber one guy saying how much he loved Are You Being Served and Louis gently goading him about John Inman. That was clever (and quite brave) but he's gone off the boil now. The last decent one he did IMO was the Scientology one.

Yes, it was the loony white supremacists.

Reactions: 1
Caitlin Moran annoys me by pronouncing her name as Cat-lin, which is neither the English or Irish way its usually pronounced (iirc its sometimes close to that in a few Irish accents, but not many).

Raised By Wolves was sort of funny, but I can also see why it wasn't renewed, as I've said before.
Raised by Wolves was filmed round the corner from me, I'm next to the estate she grew up on.
Don't know much about her besides the fact folks seem to find her a bit Marmite.
Also she's touring again isn't she. Heavily advertised here

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.