Secret Celebrity Gossip #159

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Used to love Theroux but he's lost it now - interviewing the likes of Rita Ora and Pete Doherty. His behaviour post Savile was very telling - he seemed most concerned about his reputation rather than anything else. I thought he was genius in the early days, he was so unassuming and seemed to really get to the nitty gritty of his subjects - loved the stuff he did about Crystal Meth addicts and Nazi's in America - but those days are long gone.
Some of those were amazing. Was the Nazi one the one with the white supremisicist survivalists? He's done a couple with Nazi's. I just rmeber one guy saying how much he loved Are You Being Served and Louis gently goading him about John Inman. That was clever (and quite brave) but he's gone off the boil now. The last decent one he did IMO was the Scientology one.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think he's trying to present things in a certain way. I don't think he genuinely believes an alcoholic can just stop drinking but that's what so many people think. So presenting the question so baldly provokes the reaction and gets an explanation which offers another point of view.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Louis Theroux did use to be good. His faux naive approach lead people to reveal more than they intended as he seemed quite harmless, and was very original when he started.
But he seems to believe his own hype now and in thrall with celebrity and celebrities. And I'm simply not interested in what, say, Stoormzy thinks tbh. Having said that I know he interviewed celebs before, like Keith Harris which was excellent and quite bonkers. But SM have made celebrities so accessible now.
And I'm also bored of him constantly in American prisons and talking to gangs.

Reactions: 20
I wonder if that's why he's so bland these days? Playing it safe.
There's definitely been a shift in how he interviews he's probably shitting himself that someone will pull the wool over his eyes or he'll be complict in something

Reactions: 5
Louis Theroux did use to be good. His faux naive approach lead people to reveal more than they intended as he seemed quite harmless, and was very original when he started.
But he seems to believe his own hype now and in thrall with celebrity and celebrities. And I'm simply not interested in what, say, Stoormzy thinks tbh. Having said that I know he interviewed celebs before, like Keith Harris which was excellent and quite bonkers. But SM have made celebrities so accessible now.
And I'm also bored of him constantly in American prisons and talking to gangs.
Omg the one with the Hamiltons 😄🤣.

Simon Cowell makes a cameo on the Max Clifford one too

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I don't know if I'm being a bit immature about this but I thought it a bit off when Louis started doing a podcast that wasn't a million miles away from the type his good friend Adam Buxton does. Adam has even joked about how tit it is and it snot like Louis needed to deviate in his career? I know there's a million podcasts to rival Buxtons Ramble chat but I understood why Buxton might feel put out
Love Adam Buxton. He’s always the underdog, bless him, although I think fame wise I’d rather be in his shoes where you have your solid fans and are consistent with content and quality but he does come across like he will always feel like he wasn’t good enough. We are our own worst critics I guess. I listen to Louis T podcasts but I always find myself questioning if something wasn’t a bit off that he’s said or the way he’s reacted to something. People paint him as a truth seeker and some great journalist but if he didn’t have a somewhat likeable way about him and the balls to sit in the silence sometimes, he would never survive on his interviewing skills and natural content alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Louis Theroux was great to start with .. I loved Weird Weekends, back in the day. Now he’s just brown nosing with over-exposed, fairly mediocre celebs

Reactions: 19
Love Adam Buxton. He’s always the underdog, bless him, although I think fame wise I’d rather be in his shoes where you have your solid fans and are consistent with content and quality but he does come across like he will always feel like he wasn’t good enough. We are our own worst critics I guess. I listen to Louis T podcasts but I always find myself questioning if something wasn’t a bit off that he’s said or the way he’s reacted to something. People paint him as a truth seeker and some great journalist but if he didn’t have a somewhat likeable way about him and the balls to sit in the silence sometimes, he would never survive on his interviewing skills and natural content alone.
Does anyone remember the Adam Buxton podcast episode with Caitlin moran? She said some questionable, if not outright racist, things in that episode but I never heard anyone anywhere comment on it at the time.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Does anyone remember the Adam Buxton podcast episode with Caitlin moran? She said some questionable, if not outright racist, things in that episode but I never heard anyone anywhere comment on it at the time.
Will have to seek that one out. I don't listen to all of his simply because there isn't enough time but I did think I'd heard the one with her. Can't remember the racist bit though.

Reactions: 2
Used to have a major crush on Louis, since the saville thing he's completely gone down in my estimation and his podcast was just him being a complete sycophant to various celebs with quite a weird amount of juvenile lewd humour, you can take the boy out of boarding school I guess...
---
Will have to seek that one out. I don't listen to all of his simply because there isn't enough time but I did think I'd heard the one with her. Can't remember the racist bit though.
I think I skipped that one due to her being intolerable.

Reactions: 15
Newcastle lassie here. I actually don’t mind her accent it’s all the other actors that grind on me. Surely there’s plenty of north east actors who could do the other roles perfectly but it’s obvious no locals (or not many) are used.
Same. I think Brenda’s accent improved from the early series (though it still had its ropey moments), but some of the guest star accents were an abomination. That said, we mainly watched Vera in order to rip the piss out of whoever had the worst accent that week 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Same. I think Brenda’s accent improved from the early series (though it still had its ropey moments), but some of the guest star accents were an abomination. That said, we mainly watched Vera in order to rip the piss out of whoever had the worst accent that week 😁
Kate Isitt's accent was particularly bad. She was in one of the more recent episodes.

Reactions: 1
I wonder if they are as bad as Vinnie Jones's Albanian accent in Law and Order?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.