Secret Celebrity Gossip #159

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Look I like Rylan I’m just pointing out that fact as someone asked what had he done wrong, I never suggested he was up there with the likes of Schofield in terms of scumbag tho. Unpopular opinion but I’d add exploitative bleep Louis Theroux to that list, I can’t wait for people to realise what a twit he actually is.
Actually Louis theroux has always given me and vibes and I don't know why

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Charlotte Church runs a retreat in Wales. She was on "This morning" doing a sound bath a few weeks ago.
Wtf is a sound bath?
---
Zoe Ball has announced her mother has dies due to pancreatic cancer. Glad she made up with her after falling out for years. Her dad Johnny blamed her mums behaviour for Zoe cheating on Norman.
That’s a horrible thing to say 😱

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
That was Dale Bowes who died the other day
I know but I.got a notification that said 'another levels Dane Bowers dies...' abd when I clicked it didnt open to an article which makes me think it was sent out in error without all the facts.

Reactions: 2
Louis Theroux’s interview with Germaine Greer was terrible. He basically said “don’t worry, she’ll be dead soon” because of all the lunatics who’ll be offended by her saying that women don’t have penises.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
I don't know if I'm being a bit immature about this but I thought it a bit off when Louis started doing a podcast that wasn't a million miles away from the type his good friend Adam Buxton does. Adam has even joked about how tit it is and it snot like Louis needed to deviate in his career? I know there's a million podcasts to rival Buxtons Ramble chat but I understood why Buxton might feel put out

Reactions: 12
Louis Theroux’s interview with Germaine Greer was terrible. He basically said “don’t worry, she’ll be dead soon” because of all the lunatics who’ll be offended by her saying that women don’t have penises.
Reaction is because of Louis Theroux not because Germaine Greer understands biological facts.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I know but I.got a notification that said 'another levels Dane Bowers dies...' abd when I clicked it didnt open to an article which makes me think it was sent out in error without all the facts.
I'm assuming someone made an obvious mistake and quickly realised.

Reactions: 4
I’m always amazed at the extremes of judgement from people about cheating. Don’t get me wrong it’s not nice it’s awful it destroy lives etc. I knew a couple who met, cheated got together and were together for many years. Then later one of their couple friends split due to an affair and they had the cheek to be very high and mighty in their disapproval of the cheater. Wouldn’t even give them the time to hear about the bullying and coercion that person had suffered from their partner. THAT also destroys lives and attitudes of children witnessing said bullying behaviours. I just couldn’t fathom it. Had to resist reminding them how they met !! It’s mad the hypocrisy of this world. Never judge unless you’ve walked in shoes of others is my mantra.

ETA: not having a go at anyone on here 😘
Well, yes. Also people make mistakes. Rylan was deeply upset by what he did. This is a long long time ago but I slept with someone else when I was with someone. I didn't want to, I didn't like him, I was drunk and on prescription meds but I still chose to do it. I was so horrified by what I did I took an overdose a few days later and I don't think I'll ever forgive myself. So I have empathy for someone who is distraught by making a very big mistake.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
Used to love Theroux but he's lost it now - interviewing the likes of Rita Ora and Pete Doherty. His behaviour post Savile was very telling - he seemed most concerned about his reputation rather than anything else. I thought he was genius in the early days, he was so unassuming and seemed to really get to the nitty gritty of his subjects - loved the stuff he did about Crystal Meth addicts and Nazi's in America - but those days are long gone.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Theroux was excellent around 20 years ago. Now he's a bit of a bore. Savile documentary was good

Reactions: 12
Glad I'm not the only one who's completely gone off Theroux. His book was one of the worst most boring things I've ever read and was basically him desperately trying to distance himself from Saville it was almost laughable!
Really went off him when he did a doc about new mums with serious post partum depression. These were extremely vulnerable mentally unwell women who in no way could of consented to being on national TV. Just made me see him in a different light 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 26
Used to love Theroux but he's lost it now - interviewing the likes of Rita Ora and Pete Doherty. His behaviour post Savile was very telling - he seemed most concerned about his reputation rather than anything else. I thought he was genius in the early days, he was so unassuming and seemed to really get to the nitty gritty of his subjects - loved the stuff he did about Crystal Meth addicts and Nazi's in America - but those days are long gone.
He did not come across well in his autobiography if I remember right; he seemed to think declaring he wasn't a great father, didn't help or support his wife much because he was ambitious and worked too hard made that behaviour okay. Much in the same tone of whimsical regret he uses about his involvement with Savile. I was much less of a fan when I'd finished his book.

• Sick
Reactions: 15
Glad I'm not the only one who's completely gone off Theroux. His book was one of the worst most boring things I've ever read and was basically him desperately trying to distance himself from Saville it was almost laughable!
Really went off him when he did a doc about new mums with serious post partum depression. These were extremely vulnerable mentally unwell women who in no way could of consented to being on national TV. Just made me see him in a different light 😡
I had post partum depression after my son was born and I am pregnant with my second child, due in October. I’ve already made plans in case depression hits again. It was bloody awful and thank goodness for a health visitor and GP who recognised I was ill. I put my family (sisters, parents, grandparents and husband) through hell because my suicidal ideation was out of control.
No way should that illness be served up as entertainment.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I had post partum depression after my son was born and I am pregnant with my second child, due in October. I’ve already made plans in case depression hits again. It was bloody awful and thank goodness for a health visitor and GP who recognised I was ill. I put my family (sisters, parents, grandparents and husband) through hell because my suicidal ideation was out of control.
No way should that illness be served up as entertainment.
I hope your midwife has put you in touch with the right MH teams, the team around my way does amazing work with expentant mothers, and for the year after birth ❤

From that I remember of the LT documentary, it was trying to be informative rather than entertaining or mocking, but I don't think he was the right person to be doing a doc on the subject. Someone who has been through something similar would have been far better suited.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I get the impression that he somewhat feels guilty about not being able to expose Savile.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.