Secret Celebrity Gossip #156

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you have to make rules for your husband that include “don’t sexually harass your employees” and “stop sending photos of your dick to people”, then surely it’s pretty much guaranteed your marriage is done.
Lets not forget poor CH's outrage that 'it seems' like she doesn't trust him.

The twit.

And agreed !

Reactions: 6
If you have to make rules for your husband that include “don’t sexually harass your employees” and “stop sending photos of your dick to people”, then surely it’s pretty much guaranteed your marriage is done.
And if you have to make rules about it he's probably done it before.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don’t much care about the royals, but that’s tit news for anyone. Her poor kids too, dealing with that in the public eye.
I hope all the fruitcakes making up and talking tit about Kate hang their heads in shame. (They probably won’t tho)
Nope, they'll be too busy either ramping it up some more and /or blaming the palace for not being 'open and honest' in the first place etc.

Does anyone take responsibility for their own behavior anymore ? (ouchy, now I feel old saying that...)

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I doubt it, sadly.

And, separately, as a journalist I follow put it:

View attachment 2830847
how did the palace contribute to it though? (genuinely) - the photoshopped photo, and the follow-up tweet, was a bad move but they openly stated that she has undergone a medical procedure and wouldn’t be seen in public until after easter. literally everything else was a combo of the media, social media and just “gossip” in general imo. i don’t see what else they, wanting to protect her privacy, could have done.

it’s a tough one (or a tough “example”) because i love gossip as much as we all do, that’s why we’re all here obviously, but urgh at times like this i’m like “can people just back off” while also knowing that i’m one of the people i’m referring to.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
how did the palace contribute to it though? (genuinely) - the photoshopped photo, and the follow-up tweet, was a bad move but they openly stated that she has undergone a medical procedure and wouldn’t be seen in public until after easter. literally everything else was a combo of the media, social media and just “gossip” in general imo. i don’t see what else they, wanting to protect her privacy, could have done.

it’s a tough one (or a tough “example”) because i love gossip as much as we all do, that’s why we’re all here obviously, but urgh at times like this i’m like “can people just back off” while also knowing that i’m one of the people i’m referring to.
They should have posted an old photo from before the operation instead of the photoshopped one, explaining that it's an old photo because she's recovering, as previously stated. The weird pap pics could have been totally avoided. Then she could have announced it when ready, which I think was probably planned for this week anyway, and if not, it was because of the leak from the hospital, not because of the specualtion more generally.

Reactions: 11
They should have posted an old photo from before the operation instead of the photoshopped one, explaining that it's an old photo because she's recovering, as previously stated. The weird pap pics could have been totally avoided. Then she could have announced it when ready, which I think was probably planned for this week anyway, and if not, it was because of the leak from the hospital, not because of the specualtion more generally.
but i don’t think they could have won any which way. by the time the photo got posted, the where is kate? she’s secretly divorcing william! etc rumours were already at a ridiculous level. it was absolutely poorly judged, but posting an old photo with “she’s recovering” would have done nothing to stop the build of nonsense. it was already happening.

Reactions: 20
I think someone in the hospital had looked at her records and told the media, so they already knew Kate's diagnosis, hence the statement this evening. I would imagine that person will be in a whole heap of trouble now, both professionally and personally.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
What I think is that they had to make the news public. We were told she‘d be back in work at Easter, but thats next week. If she’s having chemo then there is no way she will be back in business by next week. Can you imagine if they’d not revealed what’s was wrong and she didn’t appear at Church on Easter sunday? The conspiracies would have got even worse.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
but i don’t think they could have won any which way. by the time the photo got posted, the where is kate? she’s secretly divorcing william! etc rumours were already at a ridiculous level. it was absolutely poorly judged, but posting an old photo with “she’s recovering” would have done nothing to stop the build of nonsense. it was already happening.
I agree with you to a point, but I think this weird combo of "reassuring" the public in the new Royal way plus the usual Royal way of ignoring everything and getting on with "their duties" plus the fact that they even exist at all in this current age of social media just doesn't work.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I agree with you to a point, but I think this weird combo of "reassuring" the public in the new Royal way plus the usual Royal way of ignoring everything and getting on with "their duties" plus the fact that they even exist at all in this current age of social media just doesn't work.
i agree with you too. tbh, i think it’s showing an old school royal pr team trying to manage the age of social media (like you say!) - you can’t “get away with” (for want of better phrasing) a blunt statement and “no further questions” anymore. people are always going to want more details or more explanations, and i don’t think they were prepared for that at all.

i still don’t know what they could have done to avoid all of it, but (again like you say) i don’t think that’s unique to the palace pr in the social media age. the way people interact with, and talk about, celebrities (royals or otherwise) is only evolving in a way that’s getting out of control.
---
By in effect engaging with the conspiracy theories. If they had said nothing then the whole thing wouldn't have spread anywhere like as much as it did.
again, i disagree. them saying nothing would have had the exact same affect, people were already running with it. did they handle it “well”? probably not, but they were in an impossible task before they even started tbh.

Reactions: 8
my 2 cents..not the biggest fan of the Royals and that whole system but oMG it is none of anyones business who is not in the family. I am very sad that they were put in that position where they had to come out and make an announcement about something so emotional and personal. And I as I always am continually impressed by is the way that those around David Bowie respected his privacy in this media age

Reactions: 28
As always, I agree with @LaBlonde
The palace has always been ‘never complain, never explain’ haven’t they - but like you say, it just doesn’t work in this day and age. The royal family want to court attention via social media when it suits them, but that means they can’t just switch it off when it doesn’t, which is unfortunate when they have some bad news like this. Like it or not, this is what ‘the new monarchy’ will need to get used to - managing social media presence rather than just ignoring it and stoking the fire.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
People are just far too invasive now. Social media has made them believe they're entitled to finagle their way into everyone's personal lives. Not just celebs, either.

I'm sure the Megan obsessives won't be ghoulish and disgusting about this at all 🙄

Reactions: 29
I am not a royalist by any stretch of the imagination, but Kate's diagnosis has had quite upset me (and that's taken me by suprise!)

Not to me-rail but I too had surgery and then a surprise cancer diagnosis. It truly messed with my head, and along with working and keeping up with appointments, it just got too much. I cant imagine how she feels having to justify herself to the world, when she probably just wants some chocolate and a good bloody cry!

• Heart
Reactions: 53
again, i disagree. them saying nothing would have had the exact same affect, people were already running with it. did they handle it “well”? probably not, but they were in an impossible task before they even started tbh.
The counter to this is that there haven't been any batshit conspiracy theories about Charles in the mainstream press.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
I think after the Queen's death, the public view of the Royal family has changed a lot - people don't appreciate William not turning up for functions without a proper excuse, and there's a view that we pay for them, therefore we should get value for money (and proper explainations). Personally I'd prefer the UK monarchy to go the way of the Dutch one - they have jobs, privacy, and a lot less public money but are 'on call' to be wheeled out if absolutely necessary.

• Heart
Does anyone have any tea about Suranne Jones? I don’t know why but I get such a bad luvvie vibe from her.

My weakest of weak tea is that I knew Theo who was one of the guys from Hurts, before he was “famous” he’s always been beyond vain, arrogant, elitist, supremely uninteresting and without a single inkling of a sense of humour. I heard through mutual friends that he shagged Juliette Lewis. Which annoyed me cos I’ve always loved her!

• Sad
Does anyone have any tea about Suranne Jones? I don’t know why but I get such a bad luvvie vibe from her.

My weakest of weak tea is that I knew Theo who was one of the guys from Hurts, before he was “famous” he’s always been beyond vain, arrogant, elitist, supremely uninteresting and without a single inkling of a sense of humour. I heard through mutual friends that he shagged Juliette Lewis. Which annoyed me cos I’ve always loved her!
I went to college with him! Never crossed paths with him in the slightest but had friends in the same classes. Always seemed like a bit of a moody prick sitting with his cap over his eyes in the common room. Slightly concerned you may have been there too 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.