Secret Celebrity Gossip #155

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I rewatched the Lily Allen clothes series in lockdown. She was still young but totally wanted to have kids then, her choice, no one pressurising her.
She reminds me of mothers I’ve met who want their children early but then want their mums to raise them as they are an interruption to what they want to do.

Reactions: 15
I rewatched the Lily Allen clothes series in lockdown. She was still young but totally wanted to have kids then, her choice, no one pressurising her.
She reminds me of mothers I’ve met who want their children early but then want their mums to raise them as they are an interruption to what they want to do.
You just know that Lily posted 'My kids are my World' on Facebook before dumping them on someone (anyone) for the weekend so that she could go and get trashed :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
I don't think Lily is expressing regret at having her children, just that she's found having children has been incompatible with her career, she's chosen to raise her children rather than stick them in boarding school and carry on like they're not there although I agree she could have worded it differently to spare their feelings. Mothers are allowed to let loose on occasion, and lament their loss. I thought we were beyond pretending that mothers have to be uncomplaining, selfless saccharine angels who gaze adoringly at their offspring 24/7/365 ? she's not said she wouldn't save them from a bullet like that oscar hungry narc Bradley Cooper

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Shes done it!
Tracks of my years with Vernon on radio 2
Weeeeeeeelllll

Lulu, for God's sake love, give it a bloody rest now

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Shes done it!
Tracks of my years with Vernon on radio 2
Weeeeeeeelllll

Lulu, for God's sake love, give it a bloody rest now
Wasn’t she on Bake Off stand up to cancer one year and she kept warblin* until Jennifer Saunders told her to shut up

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I don't think Lily is expressing regret at having her children, just that she's found having children has been incompatible with her career, she's chosen to raise her children rather than stick them in boarding school and carry on like they're not there although I agree she could have worded it differently to spare their feelings. Mothers are allowed to let loose on occasion, and lament their loss. I thought we were beyond pretending that mothers have to be uncomplaining, selfless saccharine angels who gaze adoringly at their offspring 24/7/365 ? she's not said she wouldn't save them from a bullet like that oscar hungry narc Bradley Cooper
The thing is, there is no way to say it that doesn't sound awful. I had kids, it ruined my career. It's always going to be crappy for kids to hear and even worse is the 'I love you so much I gave up what I really wanted to do for you' .

Anyway, she was hardly going to be Whitney Houston. She had a few good ditties and has the singing voice of a child. She did well to have the career that she has. If she wan't a nepo baby she'd have had duck all career.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Anyway, she was hardly going to be Whitney Houston. She had a few good ditties and has the singing voice of a child. She did well to have the career that she has. If she wan't a nepo baby she'd have had duck all career.
indeed it was thin gruel that wasn't going to stretch , i just objected to the idea that these comments and a night out or a few made her ta despicable mother

Reactions: 11
He was also in one of the big teams (Mercedes?) driver development programs from the age of 12 or 13. They paid for everything re his career. There's arguably "posher" drivers who will have had to fight harder to get a chance to race.

Lewis is obviously a very good driver - to put it mildly - but he's a bit like Taylor Swift in that he's on top of the world but likes to keep positioning himself as the underdog still.

Or he used to, at least. I don't keep up with F1 much now.

My friends Nephew used race Him when He was racing Karts He was already fantastic behind the wheel but He already had that arrogant streak & His Dad was complete knob as well

Reactions: 6
More women I know have fantastic careers BECAUSE of their children. They went to university in later life to set an example or had to work hard or just felt more empowered.
Hard to feel sorry for the Nepo baby

• Heart
Reactions: 11
More women I know have fantastic careers BECAUSE of their children. They went to university in later life to set an example or had to work hard or just felt more empowered.
Hard to feel sorry for the Nepo baby
They are quite lucky then. For most women having a baby will affect your career negatively unfortunately. The only reason I take issue with what Lily is claiming is because, as the Queen so politely put it: “recollections may vary”.
I don’t know many working mums of young kids who are out taking drugs at Carnival, and hiring sex workers in their spare time.

Reactions: 27
They are quite lucky then. For most women having a baby will affect your career negatively unfortunately. The only reason I take issue with what Lily is claiming is because, as the Queen so politely put it: “recollections may vary”.
I don’t know many working mums of young kids who are out taking drugs at Carnival, and hiring sex workers in their spare time.
No luck about it. Hard work, support around them and determination though

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I don’t know many working mums of young kids who are out taking drugs at Carnival, and hiring sex workers in their spare time
only because I couldn't get a babysitter
---
I think its reasonable to say having kids ruined my social life

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Also with Dexter Fletcher too- helped him out financially. What struck me about the AR book was how wide his friendship group was- from politicians to film stars, young to old. I really enjoyed his waspish little comments too.
I've had a crush on Dexter since he was in Press Gang in 1989, thank you for reminding me. He looks fab all silver fox, I so would!
---
The definition of the cruellest irony would be if Clare Balding started to lose her hair on top.
You baaaad 🤭

Reactions: 5
I've had a crush on Dexter since he was in Press Gang in 1989, thank you for reminding me. He looks fab all silver fox, I so would!
He’s a twit. About 35 years ago he nearly ran me off the road on the Archway Roundabout when I was on my bike and he was in a Range Rover. Hated the fucker ever since.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
All of us strangers is now available to buy digitally.

I think it was this thread that was discussing it and Andrew Scott recently

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Just saying that on the Celebrity Big Brother dire spin off last night with absolutely no warning we were treated to a close up of Gregg Wallace giving his support to his dear buddy Fern Britton. I am not keen on Fern as it happens but if she really is his friend then my dislike is strengthened.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.