Secret Celebrity Gossip #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Keep reading and you’ll see

“ Ferguson was born in Stobhill Hospital in the Springburn district of Glasgow, to Robert and Janet Ferguson on 17 May 1962.[4][5] When he was six months old, he and his family moved from their Springburn flat to a Development Corporation house in the nearby New Town of Cumbernauld, where he grew up "chubby and bullied".[6][7] They lived there as Cumbernauld was re-housing many Glaswegians from poor housing conditions and damage to the city from World War II.[7] Ferguson attended Muirfield Primary School[8] and Cumbernauld High School.[9] At age 16, Ferguson left high school and began an apprenticeship to be an electronics technician at a local factory of American company Burroughs Corporation.”

Lots of Cumbernauld folks born in Stobhill, me included. Sorry was a bit of a Craig Ferguson fan girl once, then I read his book...
I did read it - I lived in Springburn till I was four years old, Craig was there till he was six months old. I still consider myself to have came from there, probably because some family remained - we moved a few miles away, then to the suburbs, though I'm in the city centre now. I suppose it's up to Craig where he feels he comes from, both are correct. I'd choose Springburn over Cumbernauld any day. Got a bit rougher since I used to visit, mind you.
My grandma’s bingo buddy had a part time taxi job after retirement, this would have been early 90s. Sixty something lady taxi driver. One day she got Billy Connolly in the car with another guy. The two of them were trying to remember where a certain bar was and couldn’t remember. Betty, bless her, said oh I know that bar it’s on the corner of x road and y street. Billy Connolly said “who the duck asked you?” and carried on his conversation with his pal.
Shame to hear that about Billy, he always seems so laid-back on telly, but most celebs do. Can't even blame his bad mood on his alcoholic wilderness years, by the 1990s (I assume) they were long-gone.

I thought the book "Billy", even though the content was quite harrowing at times, and the subject (of course) I'm very interested in, was badly written. I'm sure his wife knows him best of all, but it seemed to be written in indulgent Americanised-therapist-speak and it was really off-putting. He'd benefit from a better biographer.

Mel Smith (one name for you teenagers out there) absolutely, positively detested Pamela when they worked together on Not The Nine O'Clock News. Wonder why.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
My grandma’s bingo buddy had a part time taxi job after retirement, this would have been early 90s. Sixty something lady taxi driver. One day she got Billy Connolly in the car with another guy. The two of them were trying to remember where a certain bar was and couldn’t remember. Betty, bless her, said oh I know that bar it’s on the corner of x road and y street. Billy Connolly said “who the duck asked you?” and carried on his conversation with his pal.

I hear so many stories of what a nice guy he is and he’s a comedy hero but I always remember how nasty he was to my grandma’s friend.

I’ve seen him live 3 times. First twice outrageously funny. Last time was 2006 and he was so awful I was waiting for him to get booed off stage. He wasn’t but later dates in the same tour he was. I wish I hadn’t seen him that last time.
She should have stopped the car, and said get out and walk you ignorant bastard!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I don't know where you work, but where I work you're expected to turn up not matter what!!!

My friend fell down the stairs and broke her arm - after she'd been at the hospital, she came in to let us know how she's got on - arm in cast, face looking like she'd done 10 rounds with Tyson Fury - the manager told her to make sure she took a taxi to work the next day!!!

I have diverticulitis and had a flare up - one of the directors told me it was my own fault for not watching what i was eating!!! (Still have no idea what caused it cos I'd hadn't eaten any thing unusual)

Just before covid hit the UK, I had a terrible cold and yes, went into work. 2 people complained about me - one was just back from Tenerife where they'd had an outbreak and quarantined a couple of hotels and the other was planning to go to Spain the following week!!!

To be honest, I think post Covid, there might be different attitudes but I'm not holding my breath!!!
You poor thing. It's so painful. I find if I've eaten anything with seeds in it - poppy; sesame; tomato ... that sets it off. Even if a bit of tomato paste has been smeared on something that doesn't even look to have any pips.

• Sad
Reactions: 6

I hear so many stories of what a nice guy he is and he’s a comedy hero but I always remember how nasty he was to my grandma’s friend.

I’ve seen him live 3 times. First twice outrageously funny. Last time was 2006 and he was so awful I was waiting for him to get booed off stage. He wasn’t but later dates in the same tour he was. I wish I hadn’t seen him that last time.
I changed my opinion of him many years ago when the Taliban kidnapped Ken Bigley and were threatening to cut off his head,really big news story every day Billy was asked about it coming out of an airport I think his reply was oh come on Taliban just get on with it,they did and cut Ken’s head off a while later,never one word of sorry from Billy,those words must have hurt Bigleys family so much.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
That is what I do not get, surely you want to be with someone on the same intellectual level as you.... What do they talk about at the end of the day: Mysterious Girls???
Isnt her dad his plastic surgeon or something? Fair play to her. I didnt think there was a cat in hells chance of her working in the nhs when she married him.

Yes that accident where Michael fell, was when he was going out with Helena Christenson. She basically nursed him back to health, and then he dumped her for Paula. With regards to the book, I always thought that that Paula’s friend (Belinda Brewin I think?) had sold her down the river. She seemed to enjoy Paula’s notoriety a little too much for my liking.
I worked in a recording studio in London back in the day and Michael was there for a couple of weeks recording he was with Helena at the time as she used to ring up to speak to him, but after his big breakfast on the bed interview Paula was never off the phone like a crazy stalker.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

I’m not too surprised to hear that about BC. It seems when they give up the drink ( which is admirable ) they start taking themselves way too seriously and lose a lot of what made them appealing in the first place. Jimmy Nail basically played himself in Auf Wiedersehen and then gave up the fags/drink and started to believe he was some sort of serious actor. My niece was good friends with an actor who appeared in Spender and my sister and brother in law had a fleeting appearance. No one was allowed to smoke or even drink tea or coffee around JN. Water only. Jeez.

• Heart
Isnt her dad his plastic surgeon or something? Fair play to her. I didnt think there was a cat in hells chance of her working in the nhs when she married him.
Didn't her Dad treat him for something and he introduced them as she was a fan. I bet he regrets that one......

• Haha
Reactions: 13

He comes over on TV as captivatingly charming and funny but its also a very practised image and honed to perfection, I can just imagine him being quite nasty he has a very rough edge to him when no cameras or people are around, his stage act was much rougher when he first started out, when you actually saw more of the real BC, and not the sanitised version.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m not too surprised to hear that about BC. It seems when they give up the drink ( which is admirable ) they start taking themselves way too seriously and lose a lot of what made them appealing in the first place. Jimmy Nail basically played himself in Auf Wiedersehen and then gave up the fags/drink and started to believe he was some sort of serious actor. My niece was good friends with an actor who appeared in Spender and my sister and brother in law had a fleeting appearance. No one was allowed to smoke or even drink tea or coffee around JN. Water only. Jeez.
What a knob.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Regarding the Rothschild’s and the Goldsmiths, I must say that I find both families absolutely fascinating. There was that quote that Jimmy Goldsmith made about “Marrying your mistress, leaves a vacancy” or something along those lines. Then, Jemima married Imran Khan (ex-cricketer and now prime minister of Pakistan) I recall that she had 2 sons with him. Do they live with Jemina or Imran? And, she also had a fling with Russell Brand, (who my hubby knows) but he’s only ever spoken about Amy Winehouse, never heard him talk about Jemima or Katy Perry for that matter (more’s the pity !!). But wasn’t there some weird incident regarding Jemima, and a stripper that Russell had “booked” for Jemima’s birthday?, and the stripper went to the press because she was never paid for her “services”? Anyone else remember this??
I thought that Jemima had booked a masseuse for Russell on his birthday and something happenned I am not really sure what but Jemima dumped him not long afterwards. He then gave up chasing Hollywood women and rich gels and married the doormat that had hung around waiting for him for donkeys years.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Peter Andre had kidney stones I think and Emily’s dad was his consultant. As a thank you, he gave her Dad tickets to see him sing 🤣 so her Dad passed them to Emily. Why I know this bit of information I will never know.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I can't look at Peter andre when he's on TV. Theres something very smarmy and sneaky about him. I have to turn telly off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I can't look at Peter andre when he's on TV. Theres something very smarmy and sneaky about him. I have to turn telly off.
Apparently, in his everyday chat, his favourite word is bleep. I swear, but I would imagine it would get tiresome if someone swore virtually every few words.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Any more ☕ on Russell Brand? I listened to a podcast featuring his wife and she seems lovely but very very different to him.

Also I’d love to know @TheJoanCollinsFanClub are you or your husband famous / well known? I am living for your ☕ keep it coming!!
She comes over as nice a posh goody goody girl next door who had a public school education, I would have thought her sister would be more his type, she is more overtly sexy looking and puts it about quite a bit. But then who knows she might be a wild cat in the sack!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She comes over as nice a posh goody goody girl next door who had a public school education, I would have thought her sister would be more his type, she is more overtly sexy looking and puts it about quite a bit. But then who knows she might be a wild cat in the sack!!!!
You talking about @TheJoanCollinsFanClub or russell brands wife?! 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Apparently, in his everyday chat, his favourite word is bleep. I swear, but I would imagine it would get tiresome if someone swore virtually every few words.
I use to work in the same office as an odious girl from Epsom who literally could not say a sentence without using duck, she went for an interview with British Airways to be a trolley dolly, she didn't get the job, but apparently BA told her that she hd "done a bleeping brilliant interview" I doubt if they worded it quite like that!!!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.