Secret Celebrity Gossip #143

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That was it - thank you. I could have googled it but was just being lazy 🤣
I really like that show. I thought it was funny that Rik played his dad when they looked around the same age. I'm bored to death of Taskmaster now though...

Reactions: 14
I really like that show. I thought it was funny that Rik played his dad when they looked around the same age. I'm bored to death of Taskmaster now though...
I enjoyed it and I have always thought that Greg Davies has very similar mannerisms to Rik so thought it was a masterstroke in casting! Such a shame that Rik died and we ended up with Baldrick instead!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Paul Martin has some gorgeous blazers...his moss green one and the purple one, both velvet, are my favourites😊🤣
My daughter met him fairly recently on a potential new antique show in the pipeline. She said he was a bit aloof and uhoa initially then chilled out & was really nice, personable, chatty and pleasant. They had a long convo about university etc.

Reactions: 14
I can tell you the largest group of women presenting for terminations are age 40 plus.

That surprised me at the time, my preconception was it would be teenagers and early 20s.
This came up before, and iirc the general theory is that more people than you'd hope think (wrongly, obviously) that after 35 there's very little chance of them getting pregnant, so don't bother with contraception.

I think there is probably some amount of blame to be laid at the feet of the media for that misconception (which is an interesting word to use in this context...)

• Heart
Reactions: 18
He appeared in a sitcom with Greg Davies (cannot remember the name of it) as Greg's mums (played by Mrs McClusky) new boyfriend and the character was nasty - I always thought he was just playing himself really!
What a knob. At least Baldrick had a sense of humour.

Reactions: 4
Will
Re back.. what shenanigans with Greg Davis? I love him.. please don’t say he’s a hole hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I used to spend a small fortune on magazines. Glamour was a favourite. I hated Cosmopolitan though…it was 100% geared towards what ridiculous things single women had to do to get a man.
I used to buy it all the time as a teenager, mainly for the glossy ads and cosmetic reviews. 😂 Totally agree with what you said though - it was quite misogynistic.

Reactions: 11
I used to buy it all the time as a teenager, mainly for the glossy ads and cosmetic reviews. 😂 Totally agree with what you said though - it was quite misogynistic.
This reminded me (again, I've posted this before) of my mate¹ reading out the replies to the ridiculous agony aunt questions in our female friends' teen magazines in a ridiculous OTT "maiden aunt" voice 😅

¹a bloke who even at the age of 14 was about 6ft 2 and who's voice was never exactly high pitched...

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Yeah, cosmo was pants. It was all about "how to please your man', 'how to keep your boyfriend' 'how to get a boyfriend by going on a bizarre ass diet'.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This reminded me (again, I've posted this before) of my mate¹ reading out the replies to the ridiculous agony aunt questions in our female friends' teen magazines in a ridiculous OTT "maiden aunt" voice 😅

¹a bloke who even at the age of 14 was about 6ft 2 and who's voice was never exactly high pitched...
My dad used to do that and he’d add in stupid bits in between 🤣

• Haha
I bloody love this. Babs is a proper star. I'm curious to read her memoir.
I think she’s stunning. She has a certain look, not beautiful in the conventional sense but something about her. Also have we seen a film where she plays Jennifer Anistons mum? If not we should.
I’m drunk so not making sense I would imagine

• Heart
I was very popular with the boys cos of my Just 17 magazine in sixth form.
It was for the problem page and possibly a serialisation of the 13 and 3/4 book that Sue Townsend wrote. 🤭😳😲

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.