Secret Celebrity Gossip #142

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I've binged 2.5 threads to ask where in the lyrics to I Hope I'm Old Before I Die Robbie Williams refers to Channel 5.
It did at one point...."i hope i'm old before I die, I hope i live...to receive...channel 5" He might have only done it 'live' but it did happen! Is it not in the official lyrics? haha.

Reactions: 4
I know they have their own thread, but some nice (if bittersweet) celebrity news… Girls Aloud are reuniting.

IMG_5122.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Is anyone else getting annoyed with Louis Theroux and his 'celebrity' subjects lately? I used to really respect him as a journalist. But now he seems like another sycophantic star fucker.
His recent interview with Anthony Joshua was cringe. He knows nothing about boxing, AJs career is desperately on the wane even for a boxing obsessive. It could not have been more un-enlightening and dull as ditchwater. A boring exchange in every way.
I'm also not keen on how he tried to capitalise on/ defend the fact he admitted to 'quite liking' Jimmy Savile. How could anyone feel that way? What a poor judge of character.
I met Louis once in a cafe, well, i followed him in there and sat with him. (haha) I wanted to talk to him as I was such an admirer. It was when he was doing weird weekends and just before the Savile thing. He was really nice but it felt like he was interviewing me as a subject a bit. I told him I was a stylist and he said I looked like one. LOL. We bonded over the fact we were both moving to the same area of North west London. We chatted for about 10 minutes and it was great. Fast forward 20 odd years...
I'm really disappointed in the trajectory his career seems to be going. Next thing he'll be on bloody I'm a Celeb or something. Sell out big time.
Has anyone any encounters/ opinions of him to share?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Is anyone else getting annoyed with Louis Theroux and his 'celebrity' subjects lately? I used to really respect him as a journalist. But now he seems like another sycophantic star fucker.
His recent interview with Anthony Joshua was cringe. He knows nothing about boxing, AJs career is desperately on the wane even for a boxing obsessive. It could not have been more un-enlightening and dull as ditchwater. A boring exchange in every way.
I'm also not keen on how he tried to capitalise on/ defend the fact he admitted to 'quite liking' Jimmy Savile. How could anyone feel that way? What a poor judge of character.
I met Louis once in a cafe, well, i followed him in there and sat with him. (haha) I wanted to talk to him as I was such an admirer. It was when he was doing weird weekends and just before the Savile thing. He was really nice but it felt like he was interviewing me as a subject a bit. I told him I was a stylist and he said I looked like one. LOL. We bonded over the fact we were both moving to the same area of North west London. We chatted for about 10 minutes and it was great. Fast forward 20 odd years...
I'm really disappointed in the trajectory his career seems to be going. Next thing he'll be on bloody I'm a Celeb or something. Sell out big time.
I used to really like him and his documentaries but I'm coming to the realisation that he's really just an over privileged twit.

Him denying that he suspected Jimmy Saville being a paedophile was what really put me off. Everybody and their granny at the BBC knew what Saville was like

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I’ve never liked him. He plays up to the nerd tag but he’s just a posh boy who’s polite. A nice version of Giles Coren.

Reactions: 16
He seems to have dumbed down his work because the Jiggle Jiggle TikTok fad brought him a younger audience. I really liked his older stuff, especially Weird Weekends.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I used to really like him, until I read his book, where he came across as a gigantic egotist. I get the feeling he’s a,ways wanted to just ‘be famous’ and his boring interviews with’celebrities’ are the final nail in the coffin for me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I used to really like him, until I read his book, where he came across as a gigantic egotist. I get the feeling he’s a,ways wanted to just ‘be famous’ and his boring interviews with’celebrities’ are the final nail in the coffin for me.
His father is Paul Theroux, I read some of his travel books years ago, and Justin Theroux is his cousin. He studied at Oxford too. So a mix of nepo-baby and Oxbridge privilege.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Him denying that he suspected Jimmy Saville being a paedophile was what really put me off. Everybody and their granny at the BBC knew what Saville was like

Same. Something is just off with his lack of perception there. Also, he forgot about certain footage of the Tiger King until he made the update show. So suspect.

He is a closet pervert, I'm sure of it.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
His podcast interview with Jon Ronson is actually pretty good though.

But then I really like Jon Ronson

Reactions: 9
Just finished Britney’s book….it’s a lot. I’d recommend it, but it’s a tough read. I guess there’s some explanation as to why she behaves as she does now but something doesn’t quite sit right.
What annoys me about it is how many people are saying she shouldn't have brought it out. Now she is trying to get her version across, the same people who were quick enough to eat it up whenever Kevin, Justin, Lynne...her own kids were lining up to use her for attention, are now saying she should keep quiet and it was disrespectful to those involved.

Just today, TMZ had an article about an interview Timbaland did where he said Justin should have put a muzzle on her to shut her up yet he had no issue when Justin blabbed and helped him slut shame her for years.
---
I know they have their own thread, but some nice (if bittersweet) celebrity news… Girls Aloud are reuniting.

View attachment 2558291
There have been rumours for a while and Nadine more or less admitted it at a gig the other day when she said there were big surprises coming up.

Reactions: 15
Same. Something is just off with his lack of perception there. Also, he forgot about certain footage of the Tiger King until he made the update show. So suspect.

He is a closet pervert, I'm sure of it.
The episode with Max Clifford was odd too with Simon Cowell, plus the Hamiltons getting arrested during it. Come to think of it, they were all very odd. His 'Weird Weekends' were good though. Dark Tourist on Netflix felt very Theroux like.

They are mostly racist trolls though who have never watched ice hockey, many people who are involved in the sport are saying it was a tragic accident
He has a history of being violent though. this isnt his first issue. he was banned from league play. I think it could go either way

Reactions: 6
On the Cliff theme, a few months ago my dad, sister and I were in an antiques shop and saw a Cliff book (Cliff & The Shadows), I jokingly got over excited about it and the chap in the shop really thought we were huge fans! Fast forward to today, it’s my sisters birthday. My dad’s only gone back to the shop and bought it for her! It was £2! Honestly, we’ve been peeing ourselves laughing all day because she didn’t want to open her presents until tonight. I’ve been texting all day asking if she’s opened her ‘special’ present yet?
Also on the Cliff theme, someone keeps posting on all the local fb groups that she cannot attend his concert and would like to sell his tickets. She posts at least three times a week on 6 groups and has been doing so for about there weeks so clearly nobody wants them. She switches off commenting so I can’t say anything snarky or witty.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I know what you mean. I heard on the podcast that he lost his virginity to a girl but that doesn't mean anything.
In one of Graham Norton's books he says that it was a female lover who told him that he was gay.

Reactions: 8
Looking at the clip as someone who knows very little about ice hockey (used to play roller hockey, but don’t think that counts), it looked like a deliberate foul but I don’t believe anyone would go into any team sport looking to kill an opponent.
Yeah, I've watched some amount of ice hockey, and it is something you see people do, under the deniability of being off balance, even though they shouldn't. Sean Avery, who's a former NHL player (and a bit of a twit, admittedly) said similar to you.

As I said yesterday, I can see him being charged with manslaughter, but I think the bar for finding him guilty would be very high indeed.

Long term I can see the leagues making having your foot up high a much more serious penalty.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.