Secret Celebrity Gossip #107

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I heard that Ed Sheeran song Supermarket Flowers song played at my friend's funeral and I thought 'oh, that's sad. Ed must have written this when his mum died', as the lyrics 'you were an angel in the shape of my mum' would suggest.

Then I find out his mum is hale and hearty and running a bead shop, or something similar that you definitely have to be alive to do. So he cynically wrote the Dead Mum Song purely because he knew it would be used from now until eternity at loads of mum funerals.

I wonder if his mum side-eyed him when that came out. 😄
Where did you get that idea? He wrote it about his grandmother, who died when he was making the Divide album.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
In fairness I have a lifelong love of SAW music like Kylie and Sinitta so I’m not in any position to judge. 😁
Haha! In that case I can highly recommend the SAW documentary that was on Channel 5 a few weeks ago. Partly cos it’s quite interesting to see how the became the big songwriting machine they were in the 80s, but also cos it’s a huge nostalgia fest listening back to all the music. I had no idea I still remembered Mel & Kim lyrics from 1980 whatever it was!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think my dislike of Ed Sheeran comes from that song he wrote about a friend’s miscarriage. I don’t know if they approved its release or not but it seems trite to make money out of somebody’s tragedy.
On a similar note, I can’t stand that ‘Castle on the hill’ song, because it sounds as if he’s looking down on his friends almost…
‘One is barely getting by’ (or whatever he sings)
Help him out then you patronising multi millionaire

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
On a similar note, I can’t stand that ‘Castle on the hill’ song, because it sounds as if he’s looking down on his friends almost…
I prefer the Spanish Love Songs¹ equivalent²

"Half our friends are dead / and the other half are depressed / in this budget rate life / the borderline's looking thin"

¹which is a deranged band name.

²from a song called Generation Loss.

Reactions: 5
I like when he sings "When I was six years old" and then a few lines later "I was younger then". No, really?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Haha! In that case I can highly recommend the SAW documentary that was on Channel 5 a few weeks ago. Partly cos it’s quite interesting to see how the became the big songwriting machine they were in the 80s, but also cos it’s a huge nostalgia fest listening back to all the music. I had no idea I still remembered Mel & Kim lyrics from 1980 whatever it was!
I loved that documentary!

Reactions: 8
I like when he sings "When I was six years old" and then a few lines later "I was younger then". No, really?
Does remind me of the additional verse of The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkel

"Now the years are rolling by me / they're rocking evenly / I'm older than I once was / and I'm younger than I'll be / but that's not unusual".

Reactions: 4
Spotted this on Farcebook of Jane Leeves (Daphne in Fraiser) being interviewed by Claudia W. This was a lovely comment I spotted - "Ah I represented Jane Leeves in the UK at this time. I was her British agent and remember organising this interview. A genuinely lovely person. Kind, funny and generous."

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Spotted this on Farcebook of Jane Leeves (Daphne in Fraiser) being interviewed by Claudia W. This was a lovely comment I spotted - "Ah I represented Jane Leeves in the UK at this time. I was her British agent and remember organising this interview. A genuinely lovely person. Kind, funny and generous."
Isn't it wierd Nicolas Lyndhurst is going to be in the Frasier reboot?
Just can't see how that will work 🤷‍♀️
And I love Frasier.

Reactions: 13
It was fab…. I was one of those girls that went to radio city each Saturday.. Pete Waterman was lovely to us and used to get us tickets for free to the roadshow concerts…. best days…..😌😉

Reactions: 11
Isn't it wierd Nicolas Lyndhurst is going to be in the Frasier reboot?
Just can't see how that will work 🤷‍♀️
And I love Frasier.
I am old enough to remember him Butterflies, but always prefered the actor playing his brother. He was also on New Tricks, and I felt sorry for him as the other characters that had gone were so strong (I liked the actress who played his daughter). It will be interesting to hear what kind of accent they give him, as to me is quite cardboard and lacking dimensions at times.

Reactions: 10
We saw Jane in Cabaret at Studio 54 on our honeymoon in June 2002!! She was fabulous as Sally Bowles.

i’ve always liked her, and she is really wonderful in frasier! i wish she did more stuff now as i feel she hasn’t been in anything for a long while.

also always remember lisa maxwell dining out on “i was promised the role on daphne in frasier!” for at least ten years. i think she told that story on loose women about a billion times 🤣

Reactions: 12
“Castle on the Hill” is my musical kryptonite… it gets me in the feels every time and has moved me to tears in supermarkets when it comes on.

Reader, one of my favourite bands of all time is (previously mentioned) L7 so you will see that this has been a difficult and embarrassing problem to hide 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 22
A certain DJ on radio one (who's now left), brought up a few times that ES lyrics were fictional. They referenced the Galway girl song, there's no pubs on Grafton Street.

Reminds me of the fact the song 'dont' was allegedly written about Ellie G, she has vehemently denied it was her and can you imagine her with one of the 1D boys anyway... I mean you would deny if it were you, but given his track record I kind of believe her. I think his songs are w***.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.