Secret Celeb Gossip #69

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes what happened with her girl crew that were all in the Bad Blood video with her? They used to always be together but never see that anymore
She saw that people only liked it for two seconds. It shortly started to give off a mean girls vibe so she dropped it

all about the pr

Reactions: 8

It's her personality not her songs that need to change. She let down a festival after getting drunk with the Spice Girls and then there were that restaurant moment when she ranted on social media about not being allowed in even though she was breaking the dress code on their website and she looked homeless.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, that girl sounds like a goat trapped down a well. Her ”singing” is as bad as Cilla’s. Awful.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
yes!!! i’d read about that - isn’t “dress” meant to be about kk too? i was wondering if they were friendly again but swift did seem to drop a lot of her girl gang very quickly after that one tour where she was bringing them on stage all the time 🤔
Quite a lot of her lyrics make a lot more sense if you assume they're about women.

Reactions: 9
Quite a lot of her lyrics make a lot more sense if you assume they're about women.
ooo any ones in particular? i get it with “dress” as mentioned but she very often directly addresses or describes men imo, but then i’ve never done a deep dive into her back catalogue 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I hope Jet2 drop her now too, proper spoils my holiday having her blasting out when you’re on the plane 😡

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Taylor examples:

Welcome to New York
When we first dropped our bags on apartment floors
Took our broken hearts, put them in a drawer
Everybody here was someone else before
And you can want who you want
Boys and boys and girls and girls

And

Seven

And I think you should come live with
Me and we can be pirates
Then you won’t have to cry
Or hide in the closet
And just like a folk song
Our love will be passed on

just two examples. There are more. Music is funny though and can be interpreted so many ways. She has done lots of other things to indicate she may be more than straight. The days she releases music, the donations she makes to LGTBQ charities, the videos with lots of gay people in, circulating a petition to pass the Equality Act, which would prohibit discrimination based on gender and sexual orientation.
All these things can be tied to being an ally. But you know rumours.

Reactions: 14
Taylor examples:

Welcome to New York
When we first dropped our bags on apartment floors
Took our broken hearts, put them in a drawer
Everybody here was someone else before
And you can want who you want
Boys and boys and girls and girls

And

Seven

And I think you should come live with
Me and we can be pirates
Then you won’t have to cry
Or hide in the closet
And just like a folk song
Our love will be passed on

just two examples
isn’t “seven” written from the pov of a seven year old to a friend who’s being treated badly at home though? i think that “hide in the closet” is literal in that case!

Reactions: 9
Ah but then you are taking it literally....
The point is that lyrics are hidden in songs so that one audience sees it one way and then another section of people see it completely differently.
Hiding in plain site etc.
So then job done.

I am not big into her anyway, so am looking objectively.

Reactions: 7
Yes what happened with her girl crew that were all in the Bad Blood video with her? They used to always be together but never see that anymore
i think the pr of it started massively backfiring as it just across as super showing off so they all disappeared, wasn’t cara delvinge one of them? i can’t remember the others though!

Ah but then you are taking it literally....
The point is that lyrics are hidden in songs so that one audience sees it one way and then another section of people see it completely differently.
Hiding in plain site etc.
So then job done.

I am not big into her anyway, so am looking objectively.
i don’t disagree but there’s a line behind noticing metaphors and taking a mention of “closet” as being confirmation of gayness.

like you said though, ultimately an audience can make a song mean what they want it to mean sometimes regardless of the writer’s true intentions. i mean, there’s people on twitter right now claiming that some of nirvana’s lyrics “confirm” that kurt cobain was trans.

that’s the joy of listening to music and each to their own on that front. i just wouldn’t take it as definite proof of anything 🤷🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
ooo any ones in particular? i get it with “dress” as mentioned but she very often directly addresses or describes men imo, but then i’ve never done a deep dive into her back catalogue 🤣
Gorgeous is the other obvious one to me, which doesn't specify a gender of the person she's talking to¹, even if there is an implication that it might be a man.

Dancing With Our Hands Tied comes to mind, from a quick glance at others, too.

¹Another good example of this, for a non-Taylor song, is Fast Car by Tracy Chapman which heavily implies it's about a man without actually saying it (and is better for it in my opinion).

Reactions: 1
I ended up watching mucky mansion and the state of that house. I think she trashed the house for the insurance and claimed it was burglars. It was dull, her crafting and making out she's some great mother, there was drama, no car crash TV.

Reactions: 18
I think the rickshaw blind...
Rickshaw isnt a clue, its just the mode of transport
Englishman isn't famous, just the person providing the story
For the driver to be so shaken I think it has to be somebody who should have been dead at the time (99,2000ish)
Don't say that to me now! I've been up all night googling Rick's/Richard's and Dick's (the last 1 was an eye opener 😳)

RE: Jess Glynne, when she did a festival in Manchester she was interviewed by local DJ's for their radio show as they were covering the festival. It had been raining all weekend so it was really muddy. There was nowhere for the DJ's to change and everyone was in the same boat with muddy wellies.
They went into her backstage area and dressing room to interview her after her set and she kicked off, told them to F off and all kinds because they were wearing wellies and had mud on them. She was an absolute witch to them.
They refuse to play any of her songs on their show now.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Gorgeous is the other obvious one to me, which doesn't specify a gender of the person she's talking to¹, even if there is an implication that it might be a man.

¹Another good example of this, for a non-Taylor song, is Fast Car by Tracy Chapman which heavily implies it's about a man without actually saying it (and is better for it in my opinion).
there’s a pretty in depth “conspiracy” about TS and one of the supermodels from her gang, Karlie Kloss or Gigi Hadid, I can’t remember.
She also famously wore the bisexual flag colours in her You Need To Calm Down video - kinda seemed like a “almost coming out” thing

It’s her business really but she has been teasing this a lot imho, as a sorta casual observer.

i thought gorgeous too! it seems deliberately vague beyond the “i’ve got a boyfriend, he’s older than us” line but she apparently told fans in a listening party that it’s about joe alwyn (i know most of her fans think it’s about the crossover between him and tom hiddleston, th being the older boyfriend in question).

i don’t know why i’m so invested in this as i’m not a huge ts fan 🤣 but i do think it’s interesting that people can read and take so many different meanings from the same song. like i mentioned upthread, i see it a lot with nirvana fans right now, one direction fans thinking there were hidden larrie messages in their lyrics. if you’re really looking for something, then chances are you can find it. it’s fascinating to me 🤔

there’s a pretty in depth “conspiracy” about TS and one of the supermodels from her gang, Karlie Kloss or Gigi Hadid, I can’t remember.
She also famously wore the bisexual flag colours in her You Need To Calm Down video - kinda seemed like a “almost coming out” thing

It’s her business really but she has been teasing this a lot imho, as a sorta casual observer.
Karlie Kloss. But she's also been linked to Cara Delevigne (but then, who among WLW / rumoured WLW hasn't?) and others. Including one of her band when she was just starting out, as I said. I do think she will eventually acknowledge having relationships with women.

Reactions: 2
Karlie Kloss. But she's also been linked to Cara Delevigne (but then, who among WLW / rumoured WLW hasn't?) and others. Including one of her band when she was just starting out, as I said. I do think she will eventually acknowledge having relationships with women.
I always confuse KK and GH - I know they don’t look alike but in my mind they always switch places 😅

Oooh there are deffo messages in 1D lyrics. Not all obviously, but I would bet my house that some of those songs are love letters.

And now I wait to be slapped down by angry people who say that NO ONE in One Direction was/is gay.

I mean, Cara is gay, so if you are linked to her then something could have occurred...

Oooh there are deffo messages in 1D lyrics. Not all obviously, but I would bet my house that some of those songs are love letters.

And now I wait to be slapped down by angry people who say that NO ONE in One Direction was/is gay.
no, i would be interested to know! like i said, i find it deeply interesting even if i find the whole larrie thing borderline disturbing (assuming you don’t mean larrie though, apologies if you do!)

the thing with boyband songs really is that they’re written for a certain audience and so primarily will be about love, hidden love, being in love with someone you can’t be with etc. if you think two of the band are in a secret relationship it’s very easy to think the songs are about that. i find the whole larrie thing fascinating on every level though! 🤣

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.