Secret Celeb Gossip #54

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bollocks. I'm ten years older than Matt Damon and your dad, and would never dream of using homophobic words, even privately. Damon is educated and worldly enough to know that. How anyone can not know that (well apart from Sun and Express readers perhaps) is inconceivable, particularly for a man who went to Harvard and works in the entertainment industry. Wonder if he uses misogynistic and racist terms too or calls disabled people 'r*tards'?
It's quite possible for people to be quite progressive in some areas but not others, to be honest.

Reactions: 13
Not sure if it's a cultural thing but an American I used to know used the word "****" quite freely in her language and gave me the impression others do too, and it's socially acceptable there. I told her that "S" word would be considered shocking over here. I'm pretty sure the "F" word when describing gay people isn't okay in the US, though.

The Independent article is quite sloppily-written and seems to be built around hearsay, I'd have expected better from them.

Reactions: 7
Not sure if it's a cultural thing but an American I used to know used the word "****" quite freely in her language and gave me the impression others do too, and it's socially acceptable there. I told her that "S" word would be considered shocking over here. I'm pretty sure the "F" word when describing gay people isn't okay in the US, though.

The Independent article is quite sloppily-written and seems to be built around hearsay, I'd have expected better from them.
I once worked with profound and multiple LD clients a long time ago, and one young man had the USA diagnosis of Mental Retardation Syndrome

• Wow
Reactions: 9
My daughter said to me that a boy in her class had used the F word, homophobic slur.

Shocked I said “f@@@@t?!” said in full. My daughter got so upset with me that she cried, this was just for saying the word and not in a name calling way. She’s 13 and wouldn’t accept that I wasn’t being homophobic I was just questioning the word used (without thinking). She was in tears and wouldn’t eat dinner with us. I said to her I’ve never uttered the word as a slur and never would (I’m not in the habit of using slurs at any time obviously).

This was yesterday so this topic is interesting to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I've never forgotten many years ago asking for change for the 'fag machine' in a very very gay pub. The barman, who looked not unlike my lovely pic raised an eyebrow and said in pure high camp "oo do we come in machines now dearie?!" I spluttered mortified apologies and he laughed at me (& gave me change) but it was well over 20 years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I used to really like Matt Damon, and I still enjoy a lot of his films, but apparently he went out with Minnie Driver (great name) after they starred in Good Will Hunting together, it was all going well, but then when he was invited on Oprah the next year he claimed he was single- which is how she found out he dumped her! He was allegedly seen hanging around with Winona Ryder soon after. After that he went down in my estimation, poor Minnie lol.

Reactions: 16
I used to really like Matt Damon, and I still enjoy a lot of his films, but apparently he went out with Minnie Driver (great name) after they starred in Good Will Hunting together, it was all going well, but then when he was invited on Oprah the next year he claimed he was single- which is how she found out he dumped her! He was allegedly seen hanging around with Winona Ryder soon after. After that he went down in my estimation, poor Minnie lol.
Wow. I remember that! It was quite a big deal at the time wasn’t it?

Reactions: 11
Wow. I remember that! It was quite a big deal at the time wasn’t it?
Yeah it's crazy how he came out of that so unscathed, maybe Minnie wasn't a big enough actress in the US for it to be a big deal. It's annoying because I love Good Will Hunting but I can't help thinking of this when I watch it.

Reactions: 6
I think maybe that is why I never took to Matt Damon. I loved Good Will Hunting and to this day I think it is up there with one of my fave films, but after the way he treated Minnie I think I had an unconscious dislike of him and never sought out his films - actually gave them a wide berth.

Reactions: 8
I wondered why Fred Durst was suddenly trending. This is why...

Can't believe that's him. Anyone got any tea on ol' redcap? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
So any child is a commodity? Or just one conceived in vitro? Even if the mother carries it thereafter?

The second child was as much their child as the first, except for being conceived in vitro (like so many now - all commodities apparently in your view), completely their genetic child, but carried by another woman who had fully consented.

Which is the part that the child cannot consent to? To being conceived? To being born? None of us can consent to that, as so many teenagers have shouted at their parents over so many years.

I'm sure that so many people who have either been born through in vitro fertilisation or have undergone such a pregnancy will be delighted to know that they or their baby are simply a commodity. Do you apply the same logic to those who have carried others' children for love because of similar medical issues, or just to those who used their money to go somewhere where they could legally prevent the gestational mother from retaining their own genetic child, as is possible in the UK? Many women go into such surrogacy in order to help others have a family rather simply purely for the money. You seem to see everything in terms of cold, hard cash.
The child doesn't know it's biologically belonging to someone else, as far as that baby is aware, the woman it has just come out of is it's mother. The child does not concent to being taken away from that mother and sold to another couple.

And how can you say the surrogate has "fully concented" you can't buy concent, you can take advantage of someone in financial harahip though.

It is not the same as IVF, IVF is helping people resolve a medical issue with their own body. Paying someone else to carry your child is more akin to buying organs.
And based on your "genetically yours" example, if I have a baby with donor eggs through IVF - is that not my child, or is it only not my child if someone wants to buy it.

I will say it again, women and children should not be for sale surrogacy is buying babies and renting the use of a woman's body. It is wrong.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
The child doesn't know it's biologically belonging to someone else, as far as that baby is aware, the woman it has just come out of is it's mother. The child does not concent to being taken away from that mother and sold to another couple.

And how can you say the surrogate has "fully concented" you can't buy concent, you can take advantage of someone in financial harahip though.

It is not the same as IVF, IVF is helping people resolve a medical issue with their own body. Paying someone else to carry your child is more akin to buying organs.
And based on your "genetically yours" example, if I have a baby with donor eggs through IVF - is that not my child, or is it only not my child if someone wants to buy it.

I will say it again, women and children should not be for sale surrogacy is buying babies and renting the use of a woman's body. It is wrong.
in your opinion....

Reactions: 29
Aaaaand, this is a silly gossip forum so let’s maybe try stay away from emotive subjects like this? (Mods, I’m not moderating, just offering a suggestion)

Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.