Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Freeka

Chatty Member
Does anybody else listen to 'I'm sorry I haven't a clue' on Radio 4? There used to be a running joke about Lionel Blair and his time on Give us a Clue on ITV. They had a charades game based on GUAC and the introduction would always be something like: 'Of course the past master of charades is Lionel Blair. Who could ever forget him down on his knees giving his all to an Officer and a Gentleman'.
I was always amazed they got away with the stuff they said about him.
Yes!! They finished in 2012 according to this: https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2012/12/18/16817/lay_off_lionel!

and some wonderful person has made a compilation of every single one up to 2007 (maybe they started recycling them after that).

[/QUOTE]
No, it's still on R4 now.

Reactions: 1
H.I.M are amazing, i always sneered at the description of “love metal” but oh my god its the best 💙
Well I've just watched 2 video's of theirs and I can say 1 thing, lead singer loves to pout! But then again can see why!
For me I like many different types of music, except the shit one of my neighbours is playing dance bollocks. But it's like Def Leppard or Bon Jovi, poodle rock they got labelled by some because of their hair! If you like it you like it.

Bagpuss20

VIP Member
We used to go to Butlins as children in the 70’s. Absolutely loved it. The free funfair, the penny arcades and the indoor swimming pool with glass sides. The Gaiety Ballroom and the Pig & Whistle bar. People could watch the swimmers’ legs while relaxing inside. Sounds a bit creepy these days when you think about it 😱
Was that the Filey one? I have similar recollections

Falkor

VIP Member
Yes that site is so annoying! I like it because it tells you the guesses but yes it is like a site from 20 years ago!
I think that's deliberate, because it started out of a Usenet group years ago - alt.gossip.celebrity - and the styling is very reminiscent of Usenet.

Adam Ant talks all about his mental breakdown(s) in his book “Stand and Deliver”. There’s an audio version in 4 parts on You Tube. He reads it.

Tweacle

I met them (very briefly) at an event in Ireland and they seemed lovely too. It is a weird situation obviously as they meet so many people on those visits, but Camilla seemed like a genuinely friendly person.

Events with charities and other groups must be tiring for famous people as everyone wants to go up to them, so I always appreciate that if they seem off that they may well just be tired and hungry!
Totally agree. I would imagine it can be quite hard going here and there.

bellbells16

VIP Member
I can understand the being suspicious part, especially since he has a running joke that a man left his girlfriend because she wouldn’t do anal (maybe that tells us more about the relationship he has with Juliette than we need to) but my friend who knows him and has worked with him says that Domhnall and his GF always got on and she said she’d be surprised if he was doing the dirty on her. They’ve been together since at least 2006.
The key to Domhnall Gleeson's heart = anal. Or at least be willing to laugh at his lame anal jokes.

15 years is a long time. I don't think they're married or have kids (not that you need either to be in a happy relationship) but I haven't even heard of him buying a nice house for the two of them out of his Star Wars money. For someone who's in his late 30's his life comes off like that of a 20 odd year old, toilet sense of humour included.

I remember reading an interview with him a few years ago where he went on a strange rant about not wanting someone to be defined by dating him, which fair enough, but is kinda ironic considering the few projects Juliette has worked on all seem to be with people with very strong Gleeson family connections including the short she produced with Brendan. Juliette did an interview a few years ago and acted like they were casual friends from college. Their whole vibe seems a bit weird but there doesn't seem to be any gossip around them so I'll just move on now🙃

• Haha

Emerald37

VIP Member
I'm watching the vampire diaries on Netflix. Anyone got any tea on the cast?. I did hear Matt Davis who played Alaric was a raving QAnon trumpanzee type but anything else

I'm loving the show.

gotyouinmypocketman

Elbow pissed on their parade.

Nope, but bloody love the new album. Great band that have never really got the attention they deserve.
Nothing particularly but it’s synonymous with the ‘celeb’ and affluent lifestyle. I don’t think you can imply someone is grounded and then complain when some questions aspects of a lifestyle that isn’t. I’m talking about someone that is more available round the clock, rather than dipping in for several daylight hours.

Also I know a few people with nannies who are totally out of touch with reality.

What’s wrong with being reliant on a nanny? I know plenty of people (doctors included) who are. If you can afford one why not

Last edited:

Hannah_204

VIP Member
If we’re talking London celeb spots, I once saw Pete Burns on Carnaby St, Helena Bonham Carter in the Finchley Road branch of Waitrose, Michael Buerk on the Bakerloo Line (he wanted my seat but I got it first, LOL) and Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie in the Natural History Museum.

I just remember seeing an Asian boy holding the hand of a white woman. Looked up as they passed me and it was Angelina (pregnant with Shiloh). Brad walked slightly ahead of them bouncing a screaming baby in his arms - Zahara.
I used to be facinated with Pete burns what did he look like in real life?

Belleboo

VIP Member
I think there was loads of stuff on Adam Ant in previous threads for those who are interested. I can’t remember which one’s but they should show up in a search.