Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lalalanded

VIP Member
I think she's being sensible and might be securing the finances for her and her son should things go array. As a former PM, he will be able to attract a large income for many years so I don't blame her on that score. Sleeping with that corned beef blancmange in the first place is what I can't fathom.
She has a type. In the Boris Johnson thread someone has posted photos of her exes and it's peak gammon. It made my vagina sew itself up.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 56

IrishMeeja

Chatty Member
I too am only 5ft 2” but I dislike short guys, it’s almost unmanly for a man to be short, there was once a guy that liked me but he was about 5ft 4” and it was off putting so I didn’t meet him! Hypocritical maybe but I like what I like, I like having to stand on a yellow pages book to smooch my man 🤣🤣🤣🤣
There's a difference in your personal preferences for a partner and in the type of comments about celebrities referenced in my post.

It's also possible to have a personal preference without insulting people. Phrases like "unmanly" or "real woman" are needless.

• Heart

Emerald37

VIP Member
Jim Davidson must have lots of skeletons in his cupboard. I can't believe people voted him to win CBB. Horrible right wing racist prick
He was absolutely vile to Brian Dowling on hell's kitchen. Called him a shirtlifter and made him cry. He is pure scum and the people who voted for him to win CBB are scum too.

• Heart
  • Wow

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
I obviously don’t know for certain because I’m not louise or Jamie haha but I read that he did cheat on her but he has an injunction so the press can’t print anything on it, apparently it’s well known though.

I think that louise probably stuck around for so long because of the kids to try and make it work and tbf she did always seem besotted with Jamie.
Jamie was renowned for being unfaithful, especially once he joined Sky Sports as a pundit, as he used to stay in hotels all over the country and even had a rented apartment in West London. The (very strong) rumour for a good few years was that he was in a fairly long term second relationship with Natalie Imbruglia and they stayed together in the apartment whenever he was 'working' in London. Even his colleagues at Sky knew all about it.

He has always been an absolute rat.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 55

thankyoudelia

Thank you for posting!
Have you ever met Camilla? I heard from someone that met her, that she's very nice.
That's a pity about Charles being rude, and that he whiffed 😃 I had a boss once, who used to smell a bit boiled cabbagey, so I know what you mean! 😅
My OH and I have both met Camilla (separately) through work a few times and she was an absolute joy: really committed and engaged in the causes and people she meets through her role, kind and gracious to her staff at all levels and she’s wickedly funny. A close friend and colleague worked for Prince Edward for a few years and adores him. He’s just a top bloke and, once again, very funny and surprisingly self-effacing who, when my friend got married, gave him a card saying the secret to a happy marriage is to marry somebody brighter and better than you and make sure you count your lucky stars every day for finding them. He also sat in on a few meetings with Prince Andrew and found him predictably vile and also as thick as mince.

• Heart
Reactions: 55

Blonde123

Chatty Member
I've never met Camilla, but I've always thought she'd be good fun.

A friend of mine works for a domestic abuse charity which Camilla is involved with. My friend told me that Camilla does a lot of work behind the scenes, she just doesn't publicise it. Apparently she's very nice.
Many years ago a friend of mine worked at bucking palace, on admissions, over the summer months (they often take on extra “holiday staff”). He stopped her from entering as she didn’t have a ticket. The person he was with had to say “she doesn’t need one, she lives here”. Apparently camilla just smiled at them and took it in her stride rather than losing her rag. I’ve always felt she’s got an unjustified bad rep.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 54
Yes!! Is she actually a doctor?! And why on Earth did she marry Peter Andre? It’s one of the weirdest couples ever. I’ve never understood what she would have seen in him - it’s not like he’s mega rich, intelligent, particularly famous or anything - so to take him on with all the baggage & crazy ex wife when she was so young with a promising career ahead seems bonkers.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Re Greg Davies. I heard a story on Scott Mills Five Live show where they were asking if people had met anyone famous. Someone rang in and said they were in a hotel bar and saw GD alone at another table (he was on his stand up tour). Anyway they were a bit drunk and as a laugh invited him to join them. He did, and bought all the drinks and was incredibly funny and nice all evening to them and anyone who came to speak to him.
He just does sound a nice man tbh.
Hope nobody comes up with anything horrible 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 52

trollinhell

My brother once saw Lionel Blair running down a huge flight of steps (back in the 80s). He said he looked like he was dancing as he ran down them, half expecting him to give a twirl at the end.
On the Lionel Blair topic my mum once saw him in Manchester many years ago, stroking women’s underwear in a department store.

I hope you all haven’t choked on the substantial tea I’ve just served 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52

House of Tea

VIP Member

He had no reason to tell her himself as he's not been with her for years. She wanted the marriage to end. He's the one in a happy relationship with a baby on the way. She's the one that gave up a strong marriage and now finds herself alone.
Louise has kids with Jamie, of course her ex should have told her out of courtesy and also because of the blended nature of the families going forward.

• Heart
Reactions: 51

EastofHollywood

Chatty Member
Parents who use childminders, crèches etc get this too. Unfortunately most of us have to work and don’t have the luxury of having one parent stay home. Having a nanny or au pair has it’s advantages over other forms of childcare and isn’t something parents should be judged over.
Yes this. People who say this about mothers would be the first to complain when there arent enough teachers/doctors/nurses/people working in Tesco if all the women went home to look after their children! Anyway, we're not Mumsnet as other have said, so endless arguments about working mothers arent really for here!

Reactions: 50

Restless Native

VIP Member
Jim Davidson must have lots of skeletons in his cupboard. I can't believe people voted him to win CBB. Horrible right wing racist prick

• Heart
Reactions: 49

Patsy Stone

Chatty Member
Oh no please don't break my heart because I love him!

You can't leave it at that?!
Greg Davies grew up in the town next to my home town, I think his Mum still lives there. There’s not much going on in his home town, really small place so he often comes to my home town to the local pubs and restaurants and he couldn’t be spoken highly enough of. Very friendly by all accounts and always happy to have a chat and a photo!

Just thought this may unbreak your hearts before Pete’s explanation 😂

• Heart
  • Haha

Farringdon

I feel like most models/it girls now are basically in the job because they are wealthy. Big fashion companies basically use the wealthy daughters of their clients.

it irks me the likes of Bella hadid is everywhere, when she has had SO much work done and was a very regular looking girl. But it’s because the luxury goods she represents want the Bellas and the Yolandas of the world to buy from them. In exchange they make it seem like these regular plain girls are exceptional, talented and beautiful when it comes down to money and connections in reality.

At least in the 90s most supermodels like Helena were genuinely super beautiful, and it felt like a time before Botox and fillers were commonplace among younger women.

meh it’s all shallow at the end of the day!

Lovegin

VIP Member
My husband killed himself when my son had just turned 3 , the devastation at realising you weren’t good enough for someone is horrible, someone committing suicide is still clouded in judgment and I can see what the op was meaning even though all grief is awful

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48

Catfan2

Chatty Member
Happy to oblige!

The Queen - She is so tiny, actually really surprised me! I’ve never seen such immaculate hair in my life, she is the literal definition of ‘ not a hair out of place’. I thought she was very genuine and seemed to take a real interest in what people had to say.

Prince Philip - A very lovely man, had a wicked sense of humour. I think his health had been decline for some years before his death, last time I saw him he was quite unsteady on his feet and seemed very, very tired and that was around 5/6 years ago. Always very friendly.

Prince Charles - Very rude on both occasions I met him. Came across as completely uninterested in what anyone was saying to him. He also smelt quite bad, only way I could explain it was he smelt a bit like over cooked cabbage.

Prince William - My favourite royal by far, very down to earth and a really good laugh. I met him for the first time just after he got married and on the subsequent times we met, he remembered me and would always ask how I was. Kate is also a very warm, friendly person and incredibly beautiful up close.

Ed Sheeran - Met him just before he released his second album and he was doing a performance. His assistant was going mad because he was rubbing massively behind schedule as he was stopping to speak to fans, give autographs etc and he wouldn’t move on until he had said hello to everyone there. Smelt utterly divine as well. One of the lads I worked with asked him if the rumours about him and Taylor Swift were true, he laughed and said no but that she was’ a very good wingman’. Very lovely guy.

Katherine Jenkins - One word - vile. Met her when she did a performance for armed forces personnel serving abroad. When she arrived, she walked straight to her car, completely ignoring everyone. Left all her bags on the aircraft which meant the army ground staff had to carry them to her car abs are didn’t even thank them. Met her several times then over the next few days, completely ignorant abs would either be texting on her phone when you were talking to her or be barking orders at her hair and make up team. She was flying back after she performed so was put in a separate room so she wouldn’t be pestered for autographs etc. Once the departure lounge filled up, I saw her fix her make up then stroll out to the lounge to speak with armed forces personnel, have her picture taken etc. It was literally like someone flicked a switch in her. Once she had enough, she went back to her room and resuming grunting at people and being rude. I noticed she was especially rude to females but would turn the charm right up if there were any good looking blokes around. Saw her without make up and she is the most unremarkable person without it, you would walk past her in the street and not recognise her.

Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders ( random i know) very sweet ladies and so stunning, it takes your breath away a little bit!

Carol Vordemam - Another one who is quite miserable but who can turn the charm on instantly. When you see her in the flesh, it’s quite obvious she’s had some work done on her bum. She is so tiny and petite abs the bum is so out of proportion. Had a lot of work done to her face and its given her a very odd fixed expression.

I never met Prince Harry, however I know people who worked with him during his time in the Army. He is always spoken about in glowing terms and it seemed to be the case and if he could have stayed in the Army then he would have done. Not afraid of hard graft and a lot of people were very sorry when he had to leave.

I’ve heard a few stories about Jim Davidson being very sexually inappropriate towards women. An lady I worked with recalled that she met him after a show in the UK and asked for a photo. He obliged and stuck his hand on her arse whilst the picture was taken, she was only about 16 at the time.
Thank you for all the interesting info! I’m so pleased that the Queen, Prince Philip and Prince William were lovely 😊. I’m not in the least surprised about Katherine Jenkins, she comes across as being really snooty 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 47

L3moning

VIP Member
The mum of a friend of mine used to work in basil street which is behind harrods. When Louise was preggers with the second child friends mum saw jamie getting into a fancy car with a blonde who was carrying lots of harrods bags and they had a snog before pulling away.
People cheating on pregnant partners is distressingly common.

• Sad
Reactions: 47