Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MunHun

VIP Member
I couldn't agree more. My mother is absolutely terrible for this, constantly comments on other women's appearance, their weight, hair etc.
Have you ever been ready to go somewhere after making a special effort with your appearance only for your mother to sweep away all your confidence with some ‘observation’ about how you look? It’s horrible I don’t know if they realise the power that their words hold and the effect it has.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Oh yeah weren’t they saying Cruz was going be the next Justin Bieber? 🙈
Remember Mr. Benn? The city gent who spent his life assuming the personas of astronauts etc by popping into the fancy dress shop?

He had a better career plan than the. Beckham brood, and worked harder at it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

Silverback

VIP Member
This isn't a thread for praising people... her knees are fat - what would you like to call those things above her boots? 'Well-rounded', her well-shaped patellas and well-shaven surrounding skin were on display.'
yes this is a gossip thread. not a call-people fat thread.

• Haha
Reactions: 42

FunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
Does anyone have anything on Noel Fitzpatrick?
He seems very isolated but I don’t know if there’s something going on with him. I know he was off work for much of last year due to an injury, he was also being sued by someone at some point (or referred to a veterinary regulator), and has apparently had Covid twice. I follow him on SM and things seem a bit odd.
All I have for you is that the Brittney song Toxic is about him (really. Cathy Dennis, who wrote it, had recently broken up with him).

• Wow
  • Haha
I have two teenage daughters. I always compliment women on tv, their friends, them. I say positive stuff about women in general. I was brought up by a mother obsessed by weight and looks who didn’t ever have a nice thing to say about other women.

I also never use slag/whore/slut or other misogynistic slurs.

• Heart

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I'm a Ms (well I generally don't use a prefix, but if I have to select from one, it's Ms) and never changed my name. Nothing to do with my job or anything else. When I met my now husband, I already had a name. No need to change it.
I kept my name too, and use Ms. Funny how so many women feel they need to justify it “for their job”. I simply didn’t want to give up my surname, because it’s mine. I don’t subscribe to that nonsense that people say “but it’s your father’s name” like they’re trying to undermine your decision. It’s the name I was born with, ergo it’s mine.

OMG the shit I got for it. Even my own mum massively disapproves and still posts cards to Mrs Married Name... it’s been ten years. My MIL once had to write me a cheque and said to me “Can I check what your name is?” It’s the one and only name I’ve ever had - it’s not difficult 😄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41

Coniferhedge

Chatty Member
They look like a bunch of pikeys from Snatch. It's shocking they can afford the best, and their tattoos all look shit and cheap!
I think tattoos are great, but I sometimes look at David Beckham and think when he gets older, if the tattoos start to fade and take on a greenish/blueish tinge as they sometimes can, he’s going to look like a piece of Stilton cheese.

• Haha
Reactions: 41

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Why would she be a Ms and use the surname Dexter...seems odd for a couple who've been married 40 years.
I'm a Ms (well I generally don't use a prefix, but if I have to select from one, it's Ms) and never changed my name. Nothing to do with my job or anything else. When I met my now husband, I already had a name. No need to change it.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Lavendergreendillydilly

Half the time I think these little drip feeds of gossip from Beckhams is coming from them/their people. They haven't been relevant in what, 10 years? More? He's a retired footballer who isn't smart enough to be a pundit or a manager and she's the dud spice girl who wants so much to be Stella McCartney. No one is interested in them unless there are whispers of affairs.

AnySauces

As sad as it is to read your experiences in a way it is comforting to know we're not alone.

The myth of unconditional maternal love, that it is this great, unqualified, unquantified, most natural ever lasting love and bond was very damaging to me. It made me feel even more rejected by my mother. How could she not feel this way, if she couldn't then how could anyone else love me if my own mother couldn't? After years of therapy I see it differently and I know this was about her and her own issues than me being unloveable.

I think people who grow up with loving parents are extremely lucky and shouldn't assume that therefor all other parents are like theirs and all issues are just silly 'tiffs' and misunderstandings. I know posters on here don't, but it is so hurtful when people gasp BUT-HOOOOOOW are you no contact with your mum??? Life is so short you will regret it. Ummm, try walking in my shoes first. 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad

Eureka

VIP Member
Fuck sake lads it’s 2021. Why are we still so scandalised by people having sex with each other? Sex is great!! I think words like slag etc should be banned. Women shouldn’t be slut shaming each other.

• Heart

AlanBanan

VIP Member
I really feel sorry for Azealia Banks in a weird way as she has admitted that she suffers from mental illness and that explains a lot of her aggression and weird behaviour. I know some of the stuff she has said and done is completely inexcusable. But she throughly is not well.

Why I feel sorry especially is that she was to be the next big thing in female rap, if you ever listened to her music she is better lyrically, rapping and vocally than most female rappers. Her music career would’ve been huge, if it wasn’t for her health. Remember how big 212 was? I can’t help but feel pity as she couldn’t achieve what someone with her talent deserved.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Falkor

VIP Member
Yeah but the problem might be finding writers who give her so many hits. Plenty of solo acts started with two big selling albums then went downhill and more so with female solo acts (Dido and Duffy two examples).
Duffy says she was abducted and raped and took a decade to get over the experience, that's a slightly different reason for not releasing music after her second album.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38

annanuttall

VIP Member
When I was studying Fashion Journalism I was an intern for a week at the DM. The Mail HQ offices are out of this world. The HQ offices were like a mini-city as it has a huge entrance and glass windows/offices around and you can see glass elevator moving up and down. Oh my god, the catering was sooo good as it has a huge kitchen where you can always order food and a mini costa cafe. That was the best part for me - the catering.
I was working for the Femail part and was working directly with the Femail editor. For that week I was on a photoshoot with some soap stars (don't ask me who as I can't remember!) and did lots and lots of research online for various fashion trends. For the most part, it was quite a quiet week and I had my own office (ok so it was a little cubby hole but it was made into an office). The one thing that struck me while there, how nobody really took any notice of the website or really wanted to comment on it. I never worked on the website, I was just the extra hand to do research and to iron clothes or get coffees. Everyone was friendly to me. The intern was part of my uni course so I didn't get paid obviously. I'll try and dig out a photo I took of a behind the scene look at the photo shoot I was working on. This was also 10-11 years ago so things might have changed.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
I never called Amanda Holden a bint. She's happily married in a long term relationship with kids so if anything she's what people should be aiming for. I reckon Rebecca Ferguson got off lightly dating Zayn compared to the fuss there would have been the other way around (man in his 20s with a couple of kids dating a teenage girl).

You reduced her (Holden) to being 'mucky'. 'Happily married in a long term relationship with kids' is what us ladies should all be aiming for eh?

You still haven't explained why Ferguson can't take the moral high ground against massive allegations of abuse because she is a single mother of 2 who was in a relationship with someone younger. Yes, I do agree that if it was reversed it would have been frowned upon more, but what has her having 2 kids and not being in a 'long term relationship' got to do with anything? Are you suggesting she's a slag therefore her opinion is null and void? Because that's what it sounds like.

• Heart

Silverback

VIP Member
Maybe I’m a prude but I don’t get why anyone would want to kiss anyone else’s bum hole.

• Haha
  • Heart