Secret Celeb Gossip #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I guess I should have googled it to see if he was at the fight instead of asking here sorry

Tyson seems really nice. Reminds me of Gru 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Horrific- utterly horrifying. I hope I never get called to do jury service on a case like that.
I wonder if he’s in solitary confinement? I would have thought that those details would be known inside prison & he’d be at risk of another prisoner meting out their own punishment.
Can you refuse to do jury service on cases like this? I couldn’t get past the first few sentences of the sentencing report, there would no way I could sit through days of listening to all that heartbreaking stuff 💔 those poor little babies.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Can you refuse to do jury service on cases like this? I couldn’t get past the first few sentences of the sentencing report, there would no way I could sit through days of listening to all that heartbreaking stuff 💔 those poor little babies.
Not sure how it works in the UK, but I know you can refuse to serve on the jury for cases like that here in Ireland. They then just put you on the jury list for another case.

Reactions: 5
I'm not sure you can, tbh, because you don't know what the case is going to be before you sit down in the courtroom, unless it's a case that is likely to go on longer than a couple of weeks. The vast majority of people are not going to want to sit on a jury for this sort of thing and I can't see how they could accomodate everyone. Someone may correct me, though.

A woman where I work (I didn't know her as she was in a different department) had to have counselling and six months off work after her stint on jury service and would never speak of what the case was.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I'm not sure you can, tbh, because you don't know what the case is going to be before you sit down in the courtroom, unless it's a case that is likely to go on longer than a couple of weeks.

A woman where I work (I didn't know her as she was in a different department) had to have counselling and six months off work after her stint on jury service and would never speak of what the case was.
Ive done jury service.
It was a few years ago now so things might have changed 🤷🏻‍♀️ But they call 15 names in the judge then tells you briefly what the case is we were told it was a sex with a minor case, location and name of the accused, the judge then asked if any of us had any connections to the location or person etc. and then depending if anyone has said yes the judge then picked 12 names who sat on the jury. Only once we were sat did we find out more details about the case I.e ages etc. As far as I can remember your not given a choice to do it or not.

Reactions: 1
Ive done jury service.
It was a few years ago now so things might have changed 🤷🏻‍♀️ But they call 15 names in the judge then tells you briefly what the case is we were told it was a sex with a minor case, location and name of the accused, the judge then asked if any of us had any connections to the location or person etc. and then depending if anyone has said yes the judge then picked 12 names who sat on the jury. Only once we were sat did we find out more details about the case I.e ages etc. As far as I can remember your not given a choice to do it or not.
This was the same as my experience of jury service about 8 years ago

Getting out of jury duty is almost impossible. The only time I’ve seen someone get out of it completely is due to mental health issues. Or if you’re married to an ex con 😂 Thank god I’m not allowed to do it because of my job!

Reactions: 2
Ive done jury service.
Yes, I did it a couple of years ago and it was the same. The only time there was a chance of not sitting on a case was if it was going to be a long one and you had to fill in a Q&A sheet which was then given to the judge to decide if you were to be excused or not.

Yes, I did it a couple of years ago and it was the same. The only time there was a chance of not sitting on a case was if it was going to be a long one and you had to fill in a Q&A sheet which was then given to the judge to decide if you were to be excused or not.
Getting out of jury duty is almost impossible. The only time I’ve seen someone get out of it completely is due to mental health issues. Or if you’re married to an ex con 😂 Thank god I’m not allowed to do it because of my job!
I had bad morning sickness and was able to get out of it. Was also told by my boss (I work in a solicitors office) that if they or any of the barristers we use regularly and know well were working on the case I would be excused

Managed to evade it by being in the RAF.. 😂

Jury trials are relatively rarer in Scotland (fifteen to a criminal jury) and I've only been called once. I was excused because I was police staff at the time - I'm not sure whether that meant that I'd be prejudiced against or in favour of the police to be honest) - but I believe that's no longer an excuse. Because of the fewer juries, the likelihood of me being called again is pretty low.

I think I’d try to show I was massively prejudiced if I really didn’t want to do it so the Judge would think I wasn’t suitable.

My husband’s colleague ghostwrote the biography of someone who won I’m A Celebrity. Said celeb told him that they don’t actually sleep in the jungle at night

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Snap. And a family of lawyers and police. I'm far too opinionated to be on a jury anyway 😂

Reactions: 4
I managed to get out of it because it clashed with my honeymoon.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.