Secret Celeb Gossip #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting. Jane Moore, biased because she is his friend, but she would know who the other names linked to the story are. She says he was mistakenly linked to the story.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
The whole tax business was odd, if she was living with him and shared 2 children, then she could have payed her tax and he provide financially, what financial arrangement did they have as a couple day to day? They'd been together a while, had he got The Hobbit movies in 2012 - she went bankrupt 2013. So yes it's sad she couldn't tell him what trouble she was in.

Just ordered the Ulrika Johnson book. I'd heard rumours re GL for a while now 😡
It’s a great read, she owns any stuff she did wrong but for someone who was so beautiful clever and such a hot property professionally at the time, she allowed herself to be treated so badly by some of her partners who weren’t even for to lick her boots.

Reactions: 11
Interesting. Jane Moore, biased because she is his friend, but she would know who the other names linked to the story are. She says he was mistakenly linked to the story.

Whatever else happens I think John Leslie needs to take a long hard look at how he interacts with women. This isn't his first court case.

Trying to think of celebs I've heard about.

Matt Lucas is lovely and was very generous to my friend's daughter when she was living in London and they were in the same show.

I don't know much about David Walliams but I thought he came across really well in the Who do You Think You Are programme.

Michael Palin is rumoured to be absolutely lovely to fans but I've heard twice recently that he was an idiot to a couple of people. Maybe he had an off day.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Nah. Sorry. But, just no.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
If he is innocent of the Ulrika incident, I wonder if he could sue her? I suppose she did not out him, it was the media.

She was only 19 when the rape occurred, JL was 3 years older. She said she was not in a relationship with her attacker, but other reports say that JL went out with her for a while. He said that she refused to deny or confirm if it was him, and that it left him in limbo.

All very odd. I can’t see why she wouldn’t deny it was him, if it wasn’t him, what would be her motive for letting an innocent man take the blame. It sounds a grim attack, she was hospitalised. As much as all his female colleagues saying how wonderful and gentlemanly he was, there are too many incidents from lots of different sources not to be some type of problem with him. His female colleagues and supporters were his equal, a 19 year old trainee weather girl was not on the same level as him at that time, there was a power imbalance, their treatment would be very different. I am surprised at Jane Moore though, she knows lots of scandal and gossip through her job, I wonder what makes her so sure of his innocence, other than the fact he was charming.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
If he is innocent of the Ulrika incident, I wonder if he could sue her? I suppose she did not out him, it was the media.

She was only 19 when the rape occurred, JL was 3 years older. She said she was not in a relationship with her attacker, but other reports say that JL went out with her for a while. He said that she refused to deny or confirm if it was him, and that it left him in limbo.

All very odd. I can’t see why she wouldn’t deny it was him, if it wasn’t him, what would be her motive for letting an innocent man take the blame. It sounds a grim attack, she was hospitalised. As much as all his female colleagues saying how wonderful and gentlemanly he was, there are too many incidents from lots of different sources not to be some type of problem with him. His female colleagues and supporters were his equal, a 19 year old trainee weather girl was not on the same level as him at that time, there was a power imbalance, their treatment would be very different. I am surprised at Jane Moore though, she knows lots of scandal and gossip through her job, I wonder what makes her so sure of his innocence, other than the fact he was charming.
I don't agree with the way Ulrika has dealt with this either, so I agree with you on that. But, there is no "right" way to deal with sexual assault or rape. She is in the public eye - maybe she does want to keep people guessing. I couldn't see how subtle messages, as you see them, could be enjoyable for her or a game of one-upmanship, it must be very painful. We respond in irrational ways when we're hurt.

Maybe it's her way of owning the situation and having some control over it. Maybe it's just too deeply uncomfortable to say his name out loud. Not denying it was John, to me, is her answer.

Your insistence on seeing it through John's point of view is a bit concerning, though. Anyway, it would be Matthew Wright John Leslie should pursue if he fancied sueing anyone. And he hasn't. Don't you wonder why he didn't sue?

Edit: I've just looked at The Sun story posted above. FIVE police investigations either suggests he needs to reconsider the company he keeps, or he continually blurs the lines in his interactions with women. "He was alright with me" from female colleagues does not an impeccable character make. People change when they're in the right situation/mindset/company, helped by drink and/or drugs. Compulsions and kinks are only revealed in certain situations, and that could apply to consensual behaviour.

Don't get me wrong, if he is wrongly victimised, he would get my full support, as it's abhorrent to ruin anyone's career and character for attention (as you may see it). But I have plenty of male friends. I couldn't tell you what their fetishes/sexual tastes are, or if they're domineering in the bedroom.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
My insistence isn’t insistence at all, so don’t be concerned. I believe she was violently raped at a very young age, whether he was the perpetrator is up in the air due to the way he was outed. I find it odd that when Piers Morgan interviewed her and they spoke about JL, and about his trial by media, why PM didn’t flat out ask her if he was guilty. I find it even more odd that John Leslie doesn’t publicly say to Ulrika, clear my name or accuse me. What does he have to lose if he is innocent? Why wouldn’t he contact an old girlfriend and ask her why she won’t deny it’s him. He said he has never spoken to her since the time Matthew Wright outed him. It is that, more than anything, that makes me think he is linked to the crime.

Even if she did report him now, the case is so well known, how would they get a jury. I believe there are too many accusations about him from many separate sources for him just to be the “charming” man that Anthea et al think he is. I also think more accusations against him will emerge.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My insistence isn’t insistence at all, so don’t be concerned. I believe she was violently raped at a very young age, whether he was the perpetrator is up in the air due to the way he was outed. I find it odd that when Piers Morgan interviewed her and they spoke about JL, and about his trial by media, why PM didn’t flat out ask her if he was guilty. I find it even more odd that John Leslie doesn’t publicly say to Ulrika, clear my name or accuse me. What does he have to lose if he is innocent? Why wouldn’t he contact an old girlfriend and ask her why she won’t deny it’s him. He said he has never spoken to her since the time Matthew Wright outed him. It is that, more than anything, that makes me think he is linked to the crime.

Even if she did report him now, the case is so well known, how would they get a jury. I believe there are too many accusations about him from many separate sources for him just to be the “charming” man that Anthea et al think he is. I also think more accusations against him will emerge.
Piers Morgan is a swamp rat, but, anyway. I imagine his Star Stories programmes are pre-planned and questions are okayed beforehand via the celebrity's agent, or personally. He tries to give the impression of his style being off-the-cuff questioning but I'd be very surprised if it was. The ambiguity is intentional. For what reason, I'm not sure.

Of course some malicious women lie about rape, but false accusations are far outweighed by a majority telling the truth. Ulrika, I'm sure, has had to deal with people speculating over her looks/shaggability/promiscuity - even if not to her face, they're doing it online. It takes a lot of guts to even admit you've been raped, never mind pointing the finger at the perpetrator.

Recounting trauma to the police or a court means you then have to re-live it. I'm sure she's done that already, writing her autobiography. Even if you think you're made of tough stuff, it may come back in your unconscious when you're asleep or you'll get flashbacks. Maybe she's just over that whole rigmarole and feels she's suffered enough.

As for John Leslie, personally I'd move heaven and earth to clear my name, by any means necessary. And surely, if you have a big gig hanging in the balance (I'm sure This Morning paid handsomely), time is of the essence.

Edit: I'm comparing apples with oranges, but Michael Jackson didn't fight tooth and nail to clear his name either. He paid up to make the bad publicity go away. Of course there could be all sorts of reasons for that, but why not tough it out? MJ's public persona and the stories he put out there were carefully orchestrated - he *really* cared about his image. The way he dealt with his accusers didn't make sense.

MJ's behaviour was typical of a powerful male grooming vulnerable, poor, starstruck young males and their families. He had a "type" and a modus operandi. He was an impulsive person who spent frivolously, deeply in debt when he died, reputation tarnished.

We know very little of the background/lead up to John's five accusations, but I'd imagine they all follow similar scenarios. For whatever reason, John Leslie just let the story ebb away and didn't do much to salvage his reputation.

Maybe John doesn't have the money (nowadays) to pursue the legal route, or the emotional stamina. Or he's guilty.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Piers Morgan is a swamp rat, but, anyway. I imagine his Star Stories programmes are pre-planned and questions are okayed beforehand via the celebrity's agent, or personally. He tries to give the impression of his style being off-the-cuff questioning but I'd be very surprised if it was. The ambiguity is intentional. For what reason, I'm not sure.

Of course some malicious women lie about rape, but false accusations are far outweighed by a majority telling the truth. Ulrika, I'm sure, has had to deal with some people speculating over her looks/shaggability/promiscuity - even if not to her face, they're doing it online. It takes a lot of guts to even admit you've been raped, never mind pointing the finger at the perpetrator.

Recounting trauma to the police or a court means you then have to re-live it. I'm sure she's done that already, writing her autobiography. Even if you think you're made of tough stuff, it may come back in your unconscious when you're asleep or you'll get flashbacks. Maybe she's just over that whole rigmarole and feels she's suffered enough.

As for John Leslie, personally I'd move heaven and earth to clear my name, by any means necessary. And surely, if you have a big gig hanging in the balance (I'm sure This Morning paid handsomely), time is of the essence.

Maybe John doesn't have the money (nowadays) to pursue the legal route, or the emotional stamina. Or he's guilty.
Excellent description of Piers Morgan 😂 I need to use swamp rat more as an insult

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Of course some malicious women lie about rape, but false accusations are far outweighed by a majority telling the truth. Ulrika, I'm sure, has had to deal with some people speculating over her looks/shaggability/promiscuity - even if not to her face, they're doing it online. It takes a lot of guts to even admit you've been raped, never mind pointing the finger at the perpetrator.

He has been working as a property developer since leaving tv, I thought I read he's made more money doing that than he would have in tv work. I don't think moneys the issue. He certainly chose his witness carefully - songs of praise presenter, mrs prim and proper, and a loveable mother figure.

Reactions: 9
For whatever reason, John Leslie just let the story ebb away and didn't do much to salvage his reputation.
This is key. Didn’t put up much of a fight. If an ex was involved in an incident, and your name was erroneously being bandied around as the culprit, you would speak to them and ask them to clear your name. He said he never spoke to her after Wright outed him. That is just plain weird. So much to lose, but he just went away. And since then all the other incidents. The way he treated his ex girlfriend and daughter doesn’t smack of gentlemanly conduct which is how some of the people who have stood up for him have described him.

Edited to add - Piers Morgan should invite JL to be on his show. I think Barrymore was on it, I may have imagined that. I have only watched a few.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I don't agree with the way Ulrika has dealt with this either, so I agree with you on that. But, there is no "right" way to deal with sexual assault or rape. She is in the public eye - maybe she does want to keep people guessing. I couldn't see how subtle messages, as you see them, could be enjoyable for her or a game of one-upmanship, it must be very painful. We respond in irrational ways when we're hurt.

Maybe it's her way of owning the situation and having some control over it. Maybe it's just too deeply uncomfortable to say his name out loud. Not denying it was John, to me, is her answer.

Your insistence on seeing it through John's point of view is a bit concerning, though. Anyway, it would be Matthew Wright John Leslie should pursue if he fancied sueing anyone. And he hasn't. Don't you wonder why he didn't sue?

Edit: I've just looked at The Sun story posted above. FIVE police investigations either suggests he needs to reconsider the company he keeps, or he continually blurs the lines in his interactions with women. "He was alright with me" from female colleagues does not an impeccable character make. People change when they're in the right situation/mindset/company, helped by drink and/or drugs. Compulsions and kinks are only revealed in certain situations, and that could apply to consensual behaviour.

Don't get me wrong, if he is wrongly victimised, he would get my full support, as it's abhorrent to ruin anyone's career and character for attention (as you may see it). But I have plenty of male friends. I couldn't tell you what their fetishes/sexual tastes are, or if they're domineering in the bedroom.
These points of Chatty have been addressed and countered numerous times on here.
Why the creepy obsession?
Give it a rest.
I desisted from sympathy for the many survivors who must have read this.
Please just start up your own thread.

Reactions: 3
These points of Chatty have been addressed and countered numerous times on here.
Why the creepy obsession?
Give it a rest.
I desisted from sympathy for the many survivors who must have read this.
Please just start up your own thread.
I'm not sure if that's aimed at me, but I have no desire to upset anyone. I've said my bit. (By the way, I only posted twice on this subject - "creepily obsessed" is a bit of a stretch, not to mention an insult - you don't know my personal history or my character).

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
finally caught up on these celeb threads - read all 29 of them but that's what happens when you're stuck inside 🤣

i don't really have any celeb gossip tho. i met tommy sheridan once if that counts? chatted for a few minutes. very charismastic chap

always thought he got a rough deal from the press re. his private sex life. of course, he was silly enough to get himself perjured, so swings and roundabouts

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Chatty or Chatter revivin

I'm not sure if that's aimed at me, but I have no desire to upset anyone. I've said my bit. (By the way, I only posted twice on this subject - "creepily obsessed" is a bit of a stretch, not to mention an insult - you don't know my personal history or my character).
sorry Lamaitresse.
No not you.. Chatter reviving it again.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.