Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LilPinkie

VIP Member
Yes, I remember that. I thought at the time that it was bollocks. More likely trying to disguise the fact that she wasn’t 20 any more. Then she wore that hideous outfit to do a dance to the Flashdance theme (below) and we were all supposed to think that she had emerged from a sexy chrysalis or something. She really should have had more respect for her thighs. She looked like somebody’s embarrassing auntie. The hallmark of an ex-stage school pupil: they can’t wait to get into a leotard and do jazz hands.

View attachment 252831
I thought she looked fantastic here and she’s got a cracking figure.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

tawdryhepburn

I find it hard to believe that Amanda Holden would shag either Ant or Dec, to be honest. She's worked alongside them for years. I would imagine any relationship between them would be more like big sister to annoying little brothers.

But hey, what do I know? She gives the impression of being happily married to Chris but maybe it's all smoke and mirrors.

I was the person who believed Peaches Geldof's Instagram stories where she portrayed herself as a devoted mother to her two little boys, not an emotionally damaged woman with an ultimately fatal addiction to heroin.
argh, peaches geldof......... is it weird to say that i miss her? she didn’t deserve what happened to her after trying to keep it together for her little boys.

• Heart
  • Sad

Reverend

VIP Member
I loathe celebs who do this almost as much as universities who give out honorary doctorates to celebs alongside people who have worked their arses off for years to gain their doctorates. Dont want an honorary degree? Dont accept it. Dont diminish the efforts of others.
We had Colin Baker (not Tom Baker) from Doctor Who at our University graduation. He has done a lot of work for charity in particular for research into Cot Death (he and his wife lost a child to this). and other local causes, and his local Uni invited him for an honoary doctorate. Anyway, this wasn;t long after he had been in IACGMOOH, and our VC got up and made a speech about not wanting to be a vacuous celeb in the jungle.....(the temperature dropped below freezing in the hall). She had no idea that he had been in I'm a Celeb.....

He got up for his speech and started off with 'Hello, I'm a vacuous celebrity apparently.....' but then he did a very funny and entertaining speech, and had the audience eating out his hand.

Btw, he is President of the Doctor Who Society, and even people who don't rate his Doctor, agree that he is a wonderful human being.....

• Heart
  • Haha

Won’t you have a cup

That seems a little unfair? As I understand it, an eating disorder remains something that is constantly in the background even when you are doing well against it. I suspect lockdown has triggered a lot of latent conditions in people this year and that may well be the case for her.
I’d be more convinced by that explanation if she weren’t releasing a new album on 2 October (I checked).

• Haha

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Amanda Holden is a woman who’s used men to get to the top. Would she have looked twice at Les Dennis if he wasn’t famous? Of course she bloody wouldn’t have. She latched onto him to get on in her career.

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
Any goss on Louise Redknapp? I find the way she is constanty stripping off and posing for half nude selfies/photoshoots utterly embarrassing, since she has admitted her teenage sons have begged her not to.

The way her marriage to Jamie ended was totally bizarre. Nobody splits up with a husband of nearly 20 years because they went on a reality show so what really went on, does anyone know?
I heard that she found out Jamie was cheating on her. For some reason though, she was blamed for the marriage breakdown. I'm guessing the nearly naked photos are a big 'fuck you' to Redknapp and his latest girlfriend, Swedish model Frida Andersson-Lourie, because embarrassing though it is, she looks pretty good for a 45yo.

NikkiDeeW

Chatty Member
Re Louise Redknapp: she never really stopped trying to be famous. So I’m not buying the ‘downtrodden wife and domineering husband’ story. Remember when she launched that make up brand about ten years ago? She was hardly hiding at home being the little woman. The make up crashed and burned, but whatever. She and Jamie also did adverts for (I think) Emirates.

I suspect that they are both pretty awful. Harry Redknapp is unspeakable so I doubt that Jamie is much different. Louise is undoubtedly like the vast majority of stage school kids and people who have been in manufactured bands: ME ME ME THE WORLD NEEDS TO SEE MORE OF ME WHY AREN’T I MORE FAMOUS THAN I AM?
I am so pleased you think Harry Redknapp is awful! I thought I was the only one that doesnt think he is the 2nd coming. I find him so bloody irritating and the way he talks about “his” Sandra.....gets right on my bleedin nerves.

Reactions: 26

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
The problem I have with Peaches Geldof is that if she’d been a young working class mum living on a sink estate, she would have been vilified. But because she was beautiful and famous she’s treated with a lot more sympathy. Fact is, she took heroin while in sole charge of her baby, and he was alone for something like 17 hours after she died.
I still don't understand why her husband (who apparently knew she was using again) let her go back home with the baby in the first place. Why didn't he keep the baby with him? That's the worst part of the whole sad story, the baby being on his own for hours, probably dirty, definitely hungry, screaming for his mother who was no longer alive.

• Heart
  • Sad
Ag
Louise was not a stay at home housewife. She had a style website and a short lived make up range. Also, Sunday Brunch used to be on either BBC 2 or ITV and Louise and Tim Lovejoy were the hosts for a few years, and Simon Rimmer was a bit player in that. I think Lovejoy owns the production company for SB and it shifted to Ch 4, with Tim still in situ, Simon in a more prominent role, and Louise dropped altogether. They seemed quite fond of her. She’s pleasant but has all the charisma of a damp tissue and always looked out of place in the middle of their matey banter. So, she still worked. One thing I would say about her, when she was photoed with Jamie she was very natural and smiley. Now she looks dead eyed and tries to look sultry. The smile is replaced by a stupid fake pout.

Jamie is good looking, but not the brightest. I can imagine he was hard work and she had to act as a surrendered wife. I think she did seem to have low self esteem when she was on SCD, and did come out of her shell. There were rumours about her about her and Clifton (what IS his secret?) and Daisy Lowe. She was friends with Judge Rinder and he was defensive of her and said he would love to tell the true story. I would imagine, but what do I know, she knew about the rumours of JR and his flings (Kirsty Gallacher rumoured) and SCD gave her the confidence to say enoughs enough. I don’t think she was having flings herself. My gaydar pings about JR as well - I think he may be bisexual.
Agree about Kevin Clifton. An insignificant looking man with cold eyes and no discernible personality. I wonder if he hypnotises them? “Look into my eyes, not around my eyes, when you wake up, you will find me the most desirable man on earth desperate to win my favour. Open your eyes”

• Haha

Miss Demeanour

Chatty Member
Slow news day?

"Nicola McLean admits jealousy while watching Love Island hotties with husband"

Quote, "Despite being one of the sexiest women in the world, she struggles to sit down and watch the ITV2 dating show with her husband Tom."

1. On which world are we talking about here? Mars?
2. I struggle to watch Love Island too. But not because I'm one of the sexiest women in the world (which I'm not), but because I'd rather go and boil my own head than watch such vacuous bollocks.

And DM using the word "hotties"?! Ugh. 🤢

Anyway, morniiiiiing! Can you tell I'm tired and grumpy? 👀😅 How we all doing today?

• Haha
Reactions: 25

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
argh, peaches geldof......... is it weird to say that i miss her? she didn’t deserve what happened to her after trying to keep it together for her little boys.
It still makes me sad now. She was trying to get into recovery and like a lot of addicts, relapsed. Her children won't even remember her.

• Sad
  • Heart
I feel very sorry for Lisa. Some may think she is not moving on and always tweeting for attention but I think she is just someone sticking up for herself - good for her.

As we learn more about the ways of James Grant management (mostly from reading Tattle) I have no doubt that these stories are coming from there. She has the skeletons and they are doing so much to her discredit her and make her look like the scorned woman so that if she ever did say something she wouldn’t be believed

• Heart

Powpow46

I remember Olivia Coleman from her Peep Show days, she's come a long way since then, good for her. But I really enjoyed the first two seasons of The Crown, not the same when she was cast in season 3. Totally ruined it for me, same goes for Helena Bonham Carter as Margaret.
My criticism starts with...brown eyes...really?

FunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
She is currently on radio 2 encouraging us to listen to her album while contemplating 2020 and counting our blessings. As if this year hasn’t punished us enough.

• Haha