Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Intrigued as to why the DM have papped Lee Evans minding his own business out on a run, drawing attention to his lack of wedding ring. Clearly they don’t usually send the paps to Essex on the off chance he’ll be out and about... but would anyone actually care if his marriage had ended?

(Not to mention the obvious: people might take off a wedding ring before going out jogging).

Reactions: 31

Chatter

Whenever there is a story on Lisa, one pops up with Ant and his new gf walking the dogs, him with this false rictus grin that he never manages to pull off to show that he is living his best life. He looks healthier these days for sure, but has dead eyes.

Reactions: 31

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
She was friends with Judge Rinder and he was defensive of her and said he would love to tell the true story. I would imagine, but what do I know, she knew about the rumours of JR and his flings (Kirsty Gallacher rumoured) and SCD gave her the confidence to say enoughs enough.
I read that as Judge Rinder had a fling with Kirsty Gallacher, and thought eh, when did THAT happen?! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30

Won’t you have a cup

NO WAY do I believe that Louise Redknapp was ever even approached about that role in Friends, let alone that she turned it down! As if AS IF.

• Haha

Sheeeet

Chatty Member
Bob Monkhouse- My family used to visit this nightclub which was attached to Enfield Football club. It was a meal, a comedian or act, plus disco after. I was still a teenager and sometimes I did not want to go, but a big group of us went so it was a good multi generation night out. I saw all sorts of comedians there, some I found tedious (Jimmy Tarbuck/Kenny Lynch - Tarbuck thought he was doing you a favour by being there, Norman Collier and his one trick pony act of broken mic, Jimmy Cricket, Frank Carson, Bob Carolgees and his puppet).

The two standouts who always sold out fast were Joe Longthorne and Bob Monkhouse. Joe’s act was not my cup of tea but he was very talented. I was not looking forward to Monkhouse but he was mesmerising. He did a long set, clearly enjoyed himself and loved performing. His wit was rapier like, he liked riffing with the audience. The club was an intimate setting, not a vast cavern of a place - velvet booths type of place, not Phoenix Night or working man’s club style, and towards the end of his set he did a prolonged round of talking to individual audience members, and he had a personal joke for everybody based on their name, what they did etc. He did is so fast he was like a computer bringing forth a joke at the tap of a key. My opinion of him changed so much after that, he was a proper performer who had honed his craft.
Re Bob Monkhouse - there was a recording of one of his final live stand-ups on TV a couple of years ago, it was so compelling. He seemed so intelligent, very quick witted and warm.
I still love this in particular -

People used to laugh at me when I said I wanted to be a comedian. Well they're not laughing now.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Knocked Up, You Me & Dupree and Shaun of the Dead on rotation until the end of time :)

Whilst ITV did is Bond Season AGAIN this summer, it did tickle me to think of families and teens across the country being bored and baffled by films made in the early 60's on prime time Saturday night. Its a long slog till you get to anything even moderately current in the Bond franchise. C'mon kids lets watch Thunderball! Only 12 more weeks until we get to Skyfall again! Haha.
They cut out loads of Bond films out. I was shocked they didn’t show Goldfinger and jumped straight to On Her Majesty’s Secret Service. But then I wondered if some of them are not politically correct and would provoke complaints? They never showed Live and Let Die or Diamond are Forever either, jumping straight to the Spy Who Loved me. Weird.

Sure Hun!

I grew up in the 90’s and there was nothing bigger than Friends. It was huge! There is no way anyone would have turned down a part in it to appear on TOTP, no way at all.

Total bollocks!

Last edited:
  • Haha

hocvaht

Twitter follows shouldn’t mean anything.

It is absolutely insane to expect that people should curate their twitter to avoid serious accusations.
If I was concerned that people would accuse me of being racist, I simply would not follow multiple racist twitter accounts.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
One of his numerous very young ex wives said he used to come rolling in the early hours off his head, and regale her with his prostitute stories. Classy bloke.
See I always think of Gregg either smacking his lips and going ‘laaarvely’, or wearing a hairnet and nearly jizzing himself near a factory conveyor belt. So this new combined image has well put me off my dinner 😭

• Haha
  • Sick

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Watching Jack Whitehall’s new episodes of his travels with his father and his Dad drags him about his penis size. Cracking up remembering how much his pencil dick has been discussed here #slender

• Haha

Chatter

I think that Ant n Dec are big news stories for the media, and keeping their eye on Lisa Armstrong is a way of getting stories about the duo in the news. The media have been quite cruel to Lisa. She does not fit the “dolly bird” image and they like to show her looking rough. When the divorce was going through it did look like the might of Ant’s PR company were orchestrating stories about her. She seems to be getting on with stuff. She is head make up artist on Strictly, has won a bafta I think for make up, and has a make up range out with Avon. (Not the most upmarket collab but they shift a lot of product.) The skip story was weird. Can only assume the skip was on her drive behind locked high gates, so if somebody stole something they would have climbed over the gate. Or just the Daily Mail making something out of nothing.

NextLoisLane

The promotion of Gino di Campo from small scale thief to tv games how host via being a professional pot stirrer on daytime telly is perplexing. Who does he appeal to? What is his talent? I think it just indicates the shallowness of ITV’s talent pool which has the same core members who are wheeled out across the station with Walsh, Willoughby, Schofield, Ant n Dec, Stephen Mulhearn. There are lots of old time game show/comedians who could have taken on a revival of Family Fortunes, but the powers that be obviously think that the public is gagging for Gino.
I literally have to switch off when i see him, makes my skin crawl. He definitely must know where the bodies are buried or something. I cannot believe that we can't find tv presenter for mainstream, family time progs, who ISN'T a burglar ffs!

He's infiltrated Iceland too (the shop) can't even do my discount freezer stocking without seeing his face gurning at me out of the freezers. And the names, just like you'd imagine 'my nonnas lasagne' or whatever....can people not see through his fake shite?
I seriously feel like we are all in some huge Truman Show type experiment

• Heart
Reactions: 28

totallytaz

Chatty Member
I was hoping that covid would break the ruts that tv companies have got themselves into. They have become lazy in their outputs. The same series being rolled out in a formulaic way. X Factor, SCD, BGT, The Voice, Dancing on Ice, IAAC, Bake Off, Apprentice. I still enjoy The Apprentice, but you can tell by now who is there for comedy effect and who is a contender. The rest I no longer watch. I just find it all so repetitive and boring.
I’m not in the U.K. so please tell me, is ITV2 still playing The Mummy or The Mummy Returns every Saturday?

• Haha

FlabbyWoofWoof

I quite liked Everett as Holmes, but the story itself was bobbins. All about someone with a foot fetish?!?!?!?!
People do not use the word ‘bobbins’ enough these days. I’m sure it was often used in Smash Hits, along with ‘fright wig’ and ‘pop strumpet’.

• Haha
  • Heart

Upthisweek

FF should never be re-made as no one can improve on Les Dennis!!!!
Brian Connolly was on The Chase the other day, he came across really well. He would have been a good choice for Family Fortunes. The Gino thing is strange especially with his 'history with Paul Young' and the burglary. Overrated presenter in my opinion.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Back to the singer / actor JL who's seeing a supermodel - he's known the Russian since she was 15. Her mother (who is very weird) introduced her daughter to him, there's a photo of the mother, her and the singer / actor hugging. Rumour had it she was pimping her daughters out.
The other daughter is pretty down to earth although like Valery keeps altering her face.
Why are you using initials? This isn’t DS, just say the persons name.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
Loved Smash Hits, I used to cut out the lyrics and stick them on my record cases or fold them up into my cassettes (look it up, kids😂)
‘Macca Wacca Thumbs Aloft‘ was my fave description!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27